Any chance of the Q50 getting extended from Co-op City to Queens College?

RhythmNBlues

I caught the post before you edited. I'll reply to that one instead...

Yah know what, I don't mind having a debate with you. I don't mind that, but what I mind is your nasty attitude. Do you DRIVE the Q50 by chance?

Nah, I don't drive the Q50, or any other bus....

Again with the mentioning of me possibly working for the MTA in some form or fashion....

Let's elaborate on my "nasty attitude", since you continue to bring it up...

It's not the actual debate I'm having a problem with either, dude...

My problem with you is your blatant selfishness.... that comment you made about, it stinks that the MTA is looking at things from a system-wide standpoint, really set the tone.... What this is telling me, is that you don't give two s***s about anyone else that rides any other bus except the Q50; despite the fact that you bring up other routes to try to support your claim that the MTA is mismanaging routes (this, I actually do agree with) - to make it appear as if you're so concerned with the riders of other routes....

I don't play with people, and I see through people's BS & combat it accordingly.....

This is why I'm directing my posts at you, in the ferocity, the cynicism, and quite honestly, the brashness, the way I am....

again I say, Whatever will be.... Will be.

I caught the post before you edited. I'll reply to that one instead...

Nah, I don't drive the Q50, or any other bus....

Again with the mentioning of me possibly working for the MTA in some form or fashion....

Let's elaborate on my "nasty attitude", since you continue to bring it up...

It's not the actual debate I'm having a problem with either, dude...

My problem with you is your blatant selfishness.... that comment you made about, it stinks that the MTA is looking at things from a system-wide standpoint, really set the tone.... What this is telling me, is that you don't give two s***s about anyone else that rides any other bus except the Q50; despite the fact that you bring up other routes to try to support your claim that the MTA is mismanaging routes (this, I actually do agree with) - to make it appear as if you're so concerned with the riders of other routes....

I don't play with people, and I see through people's BS & combat it accordingly.....

This is why I'm directing my posts at you, in the ferocity, the cynicism, and quite honestly, the brashness, the way I am....

again I say, Whatever will be.... Will be.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Let's see here... Bx23 > Q50 > Q17/25/34 towards Queens College...

That's an extra 2.25 and a lost transfer, but hey, what can you do? I'd consider transferring schools to lessen the burden. This isn't the pre-recession times when we had the liberty of going to far away places on $1.50/2.00 rides...

No extra $2.25. Q50 then transfer to the Q17/25/34.

Why don't you cool it with the attitude? Both of my sons are Queens College students and I was just trying to suggest an idea. They won't create a bus like this, but they can have 55 million Q17 LIMITED buses running in Queens, right? Only to have more of them be mostly empty. I work in Queens myself over in Bayside, and I see this absurdity every single day. I don't think asking for the line from Co-op City to make one more stop is asking too much. As if Co-op City residents should consider the Q50 a privilege or something. Just like you said, it's a bus, not a taxi, right? An extra $2.25 in the MTA's pockets shouldn't be such a bad thing.

The Q17 runs aproximately every 10 minutes for all of 5 hours a day during peak times. It's not that much.

right, and no one's up here implying otherwise, but you're the one being defensive about it...are you on the MTA board or something? The idea of the Q17 running as frequently as it does when there are little to no riders during those times has EVERYTHING to do with this. In fact, it's only the tip of the iceberg on how the money is being spread around and who's minding the store. This is only one of MANY buses which are ridiculously blown out of proportion and extended for no reason. Meanwhile, lots of others are desperately in need of extensions/limited service but don't even get a look.

And you call my suggestion a grand theory. It's not a theory, but a suggestion as you had already stated. How is suggesting a one stop extension being selfish? So, the riders should put up with the bus making a ridiculous turn onto Prince Street which adds MORE time to an already traffic-filled ride in the morning on the bridge instead of just stopping in front of the church. Try asking this to the riders who have to wait an extra half hour - 45 minutes (when the bus is always LATE) from both Co-op City..and especially in Flushing after the driver decided to go home at night and not do his route...where's that money going now? Who's being selfish then? Where's the dispatcher during those times? See my point of this entire suggestion? No, of course not, and I'm the one who's being selfish, right? Maybe if they worked on having those buses be on time at night so that my sons as well as the long line of 40-50 people don't have to get home at 1 in the morning, it would work smoothly (as stated in the schedule). Still should be more frequent, but we have to work on one thing at a time, right? They shouldn't have to wait for literally three hours until a bus decides to come. And yes, this has happened on many occasions.

They are not going to transfer schools because of the MTA's inadequacy. To the other poster who suggested that, your idea is ludicrous! My sons should NOT have to add more credits to transfer to a new school (meaning more money out of my family's pockets) just because a bus driver can't seem to run the bus on time? Now THAT'S selfish AND lazy on the MTA's part, mind you...

Just asking, but whats so difficult about 1 transfer? It only takes about 10-12 minutes to get to the college from Flushing. Personally, I too think it is kind of selfish to want the bus to be extended to Queens College just for the convenience of your children. Do you think there would be enough ridership to justify such an extension? I'm asking because I don't ride Bronx, or Queens buses often, so I honestly wouldn't know. Now if the ridership paid for the extension, as well as an increase in runs and drivers that would be needed, then maybe it could work.

Let me put in my two cents in this. Queens College? Really? You might as well extend the Q50 to Jamaica. I mean come on, one stop after Roosevelt should be Queens College? Even if the MTA did implement this extention, they're gonna add a few stops in between. Yeah, the MTA has mismanaged many routes in the past and there 's some extentions I still don't understand, (M5,Q21,Q27 just to name a few) but still extending a route for your sons is just a sign of self-absorbedness. So RnB next time you want route extended, it better more than just your sons warranting it. A lot more

A more realistic solution to this problem would be to add Q50 runs so that it would run as late as 1-2 AM (IINM, night service was cut when the QBx1 was restrucured), as well as improve the frequency of evening/night service so that missing a bus would not be as big of an inconvenience. A one-seat ride from Co-op city to Queens College does not have to be a necessity if Q50 wait times are reasonable.

Yes, thumbs down to a post which you cannot refute... heh...

Let Bill from Maspeth tell it, and he has an attitude...

Let B35 via Church tell it, and he too has an attitude...

I'm sure dude saw ENY's post right after it was posted.... I refrained from posting for a little while in this thread, in hopes that he'd give some type of answer to the very first question ENY asked; someone with an unbiased opinion... and to no avail, I see... not surprised though...

I'm not gonna keep repeating the same points as I did in the past # of posts in here regarding this Q50 idea... no need to, now that others are seeing the anti-selflessness this guy comes on here exuding..... L-O-(f***ing)-L

RnB, no need to keep the ball rolling now pal, I'm droppin that sucker... Pick up the pieces if you can !

and to Q43 & R32 commenting with what they did... all I got to say to that is...

Prosecution Rests.

Honestly nothing wrong with a two-seat ride, hell I have to deal with LIB every morning I come home from work, two seat ride home with 10-12 minute wait times for these buses! Three seat ride if I find a good bus and decide to get a sound recording LOL

Like this beauty! http://www.4shared.com/audio/cMHkJ_lZ/MTA_Long_Island_Bus_Orion_V_CN.html

Yes, thumbs down to a post which you cannot refute... heh...

Let Bill from Maspeth tell it, and he has an attitude...

Let B35 via Church tell it, and he too has an attitude...

I'm sure dude saw ENY's post right after it was posted.... I refrained from posting for a little while in this thread, in hopes that he'd give some type of answer to the very first question ENY asked; someone with an unbiased opinion... and to no avail, I see... not surprised though...

I'm not gonna keep repeating the same points as I did in the past # of posts in here regarding this Q50 idea... no need to, now that others are seeing the anti-selflessness this guy comes on here exuding..... L-O-(f***ing)-L

RnB, no need to keep the ball rolling now pal, I'm droppin that sucker... Pick up the pieces if you can !

and to Q43 & R32 commenting with what they did... all I got to say to that is...

Prosecution Rests.

LOL, are you kidding? I have plenty more to say and will continue to hold to everything I stated in my initial post. The only reason I didn't answer you more thoroughly before is because I refuse to continue wasting my time to a stubborn wall such as yourself. You epitomize the attitudes of the MTA and act as though I'm the only person who feels this way in order to lessen the point I'm trying to make. Deep down, you know it's a problem but for some reason, you've chosen to defend yourself against. I don't know who you are nor do I care. Why do you act as though I should?

R&B, your sons are a niche market. unless eveyone in Co-op City sent thier kids to Queens College, there is no reason to send the bus any further than flushing (when there are already 6 routes that pass the complex), because that would just drive the MTA further into debt. other than the college, there is nothing there. nothing else to draw passengers. If it went further, say Jamaica Station or even atleast St. Johns University, then you'd have an argument. right now, your trying to turn the Q50 in a school bus.

B35 and bill are not stubborn. I've delt with the two of them for a long time. You want additude; I don't like how you are talking to my friends.

Again, it was only a suggestion, not a lobby for the real thing. Wasn't looking for a firestorm as was presented to me...

LOL, are you kidding? I have plenty more to say and will continue to hold to everything I stated in my initial post. The only reason I didn't answer you more thoroughly before is because I refuse to continue wasting my time to a stubborn wall such as yourself. You epitomize the attitudes of the MTA and act as though I'm the only person who feels this way in order to lessen the point I'm trying to make. Deep down, you know it's a problem but for some reason, you've chosen to defend yourself against. I don't know who you are nor do I care. Why do you act as though I should?

On another note, when I made my post, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, or nasty or anything. I just wanted to know where you were coming from, as that is not my area of expertise. However, I do know a thing or two about DOB as a whole. I really would appreciate it if you could respond to my post.

Don't like my attitude? I call it "tough love".

A lot of people want direct service from where they live to where they have to go. It's just not possible due to the millions of people who live in NYC and all the different destinations they have to go to. Despite all the cutbacks, our transportation system is quite diverse and in most cases 1 transfer and in rare cases a second one is required to go from point A to point B. At least this is possible here. At least there is a way for them to get to the college without having to take a car.

bull...

you jumped right in & replied to my post b/c you feel like you have to defend yourself in a debate you already lost - now that is stubborn... Other people are chiming in with very valid points with which you've purposefully avoided, just to "get back" at me w/ whatever jargon you feel fit in spewing...

Answer East New York's question if you're seriously concerned about the route... What is the big problem in transferring to another bus?

and two, I have not heard ONE other person blurt out the idea that the Q50 should get extended to Queens College... Other Q50 riders that have legitimate gripes about the route aren't concerned with extending the route... You are completely devoid of this notion, for whatever the reason...

bull...

you jumped right in & replied to my post b/c you feel like you have to defend yourself in a debate you already lost - now that is stubborn... Other people are chiming in with very valid points with which you've purposefully avoided, just to "get back" at me w/ whatever jargon you feel fit in spewing...

Answer East New York's question if you're seriously concerned about the route... What is the big problem in transferring to another bus?

and two, I have not heard ONE other person blurt out the idea that the Q50 should get extended to Queens College... Other Q50 riders that have legitimate gripes about the route aren't concerned with extending the route... You are completely devoid of this notion, for whatever the reason...

oh, okay, whatever you say, lol....

R&B, your sons are a niche market. unless eveyone in Co-op City sent thier kids to Queens College, there is no reason to send the bus any further than flushing (when there are already 6 routes that pass the complex), because that would just drive the MTA further into debt. other than the college, there is nothing there. nothing else to draw passengers. If it went further, say Jamaica Station or even atleast St. Johns University, then you'd have an argument. right now, your trying to turn the Q50 in a school bus.

B35 and bill are not stubborn. I've delt with the two of them for a long time. You want additude; I don't like how you are talking to my friends.

Thank You. R&B, I know B35 and Bill for couple of years now and although they seem blunt, they both among the most honest and brightest posters on this board. You don't have to agree with them but they were trying to explain the reasons why the (MTA) will never extend the Q50 to QC.

Thank You. R&B, I know B35 and Bill for couple of years now and although they seem blunt, they both among the most honest and brightest posters on this board. You don't have to agree with them but they were trying to explain the reasons why the (MTA) will never extend the Q50 to QC.

So they are your friends and you're sticking up for them because a "newbie" came in and you guys didn't like it...that's what you're saying....

In addition, didn't you initially say it was a good idea and that I should get a petition together? (Read back to the first page)....

In addition, didn't you initially say it was a good idea and that I should get a petition together? (Read back to the first page)....

Yes I did. If you feel that strongly about it do get a pentition.

We were just offering a viewpoint on the slim chance and reasons why the (MTA) will not extend the Q50 to QC or anywhere any time soon.

You did sound selffish at first being honest by the tone of your post.

There are members from all over NYC and around the country and even beyond who are members as well.

Plus R&B if you extend the Q50 to/from QC, you seem to be the type of person that would complain with bus bunching since Main and Kissena got busy with traffic and you and your sons waited 45 minutes for a bus.

Other members gave their takes on better alternatives than extending the Q50 i.e better headways, etc.

Personally i went to Kingsborough CC in Brooklyn for a year over 15 years ago and had to take 2 buses in pre-Metrocard era. What the big deal if the connections are well-timed?

And since you new here, I also have 'disagreements' with B35 and other posters and yes I am friends with a few members. However, anyone who knows me on these boards knows, I also have my own takes on NYC transit issues and not afraid to also strongly disagree with other members even with a few 'friends' on these boards and not a puppet to anyone.

Also in past when I made a proposal for a bus/subway route in a thread and sounded not a great idea, don't take it personal as I be the first to admit when I am wrong. Not sure R&B, if you been on other 'active' sites like this. The key to websites like NYCTF, is to not take it personally if someone disagrees with you.

So R&B do what you feel what is best but many members of this site which includes members who are not (MTA) personal like me probably knows the entire NYC mass transit system better than the Executives at Madison Ave. including CEO Jay Walder.

When making a post on a route suggestion be prepared to give concerate reasons why. Hope you understand.

Again, it was only a suggestion, not a lobby for the real thing. Wasn't looking for a firestorm as was presented to me...

1. I would have totally guessed otherwise by your previous responses.

2. As to your original post, you have six bus routes that go directly from Flushing to Queens College (Q44, Q20A/B, Q17, Q25, Q34). What is so bad about Flushing that your child can't transfer between the Q50 and any of those routes?

Let's see here... Bx23 > Q50 > Q17/25/34 towards Queens College...

That's an extra 2.25 and a lost transfer, but hey, what can you do? I'd consider transferring schools to lessen the burden. This isn't the pre-recession times when we had the liberty of going to far away places on $1.50/2.00 rides...

If you're too impatient to wait for the Q50, then you deserve to lose money by transferring from the Bx23!

So they are your friends and you're sticking up for them because a "newbie" came in and you guys didn't like it...that's what you're saying....

Dude. You still have yet to answer the questions at hand. That being said, there is no need for further discussion on this topic.

Archived