img_46827.jpg

238 St (Seventh Avenue Line), 1909, Collection of Herbert P. Maruska

img_77458.jpg

33 St-Rawson St (Flushing Line), 1917, Collection of Herbert P. Maruska

all photos courtesy of NYCSubway.org

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well something could have been done other then replacing the trucks don't know what it could have been though, but it's like I always say their are ways around loop holes. Wasn't the point of the rockwell trucks was to make the R46s ride like M1s or something like that?

The Rockwell trucks, as ordered by the Transit Authority, were completely unsuitable to the environment that they were running in. I know you guys love to foam about them, but there was just no way that they were going to work.

I heard the white WF cars on the (7) were not tremendously effected compared to the cars on the mainline, which was a completely different story. I mean most of photos showing white R33/36WF cars they are show still cleaned though their are a few that have graffiti, but it was nothing compared to what happened on the mainline.

I remember the first time I saw these(I'm pretty sure it was on the (7), long time ago lol)..and I thought they hadn't finished painting them yet because there were no blue stripes. :o