The Nostalgia Thread

R32 3348

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about some brand new R12s from the company called ACF and a Redbirds on the 5 line. Could somebody confirm if the third pic is either an R26-29 car that received an R17 storm door or is it one of the rare 16 R17s that were painted in the redbird paint scheme before being retired in two months from the date the picture was taken? Thank you.

img_114709.jpg

img_114710.jpg

img_114716.jpg

Did anyone notice the missmated R7/21/22 Cars Look closely the (NYCTA) sign is on top.

• 2 weeks later...
The picture shows R17's,they arn't mismated or anything.the R17 are single unit cars,they're not married pairs.

I know they're singles but they were mismatted with R21/22's You can tell Because the R21/22 has the car # above a (NYCT) Logo. The R26-36WF Have the (NYCT) logo beside them and have a color band under the #'s or have a <> with a color. The R21/22's in this set are like I explained.

How about some brand new R12s from the company called ACF and a Redbirds on the 5 line. Could somebody confirm if the third pic is either an R26-29 car that received an R17 storm door or is it one of the rare 16 R17s that were painted in the redbird paint scheme before being retired in two months from the date the picture was taken? Thank you.

img_114709.jpg

img_114710.jpg

img_114716.jpg

Look closely the (NYCT) logo in different spots.

I know they're singles but they were mismatted with R21/22's You can tell Because the R21/22 has the car # above a (NYCT) Logo. The R26-36WF Have the (NYCT) logo beside them and have a color band under the #'s or have a <> with a color. The R21/22's in this set are like I explained.

As MC CJ said,none of the R21/R22 were ever painted in the redbird paint scheme while in revenue service.

• 2 weeks later...