Subway cupcakes

Eric B

Why not, it's a "trademarked" design? It's just like how Carvel pays to use different cartoons and crap on their cakes. Now I wonder if they would do some <R> or <7> cup cakes.

Another reason why I think the MTA is full of themselves...how in the world is a letter/number in a colored circle/diamond enough to denote authorship? Anyone and their mother could make a subway bullet that they're public domain.

The cupcakes are that hard to make even from my point of view. All you have to do is bake regular cupcakes and frost it with white frosting. Then put some edible sticker or circle and frost the letter on it. You could basically make it yourself with some practice and make a (D), or an (F).

I don't know they don't mention it. All they mentioned was it costs 3 bucks per cupcake, but there is one more thing about this map. The map also has the (:P, (D), (N), and (Q) on the Manhattan Bridge so it could be in the 1980's before the Manhattan Bridge shutdown, and the destruction of the World Trade Center since Cortlandt Street was still opened on the map.

The cupcakes are that hard to make even from my point of view. All you have to do is bake regular cupcakes and frost it with white frosting. Then put some edible sticker or circle and frost the letter on it. You could basically make it yourself with some practice and make a (D), or an (F).

It's not a sticker, it's Fondant. And to get that kind of color (red/green) on fondant takes a heck of a lot of dye (not to mention the right kind, ordinary food coloring will never get that dark, no matter what you do). Not to mention the black icing for the yellow lines is difficult to do well.

Also, all the "local" stops on local-only lines (like the (G)) are hollow circles, which on the old maps, were "express and local" stops. So the colors and some aspect of the style are like that of the 80's/90's maps, but it's is recent. (Also, an orange and yellow line on the Brighton. That can only be post-2004. Before that, it was either orange only, yellow only, or orange, yellow and brown).

I've seen this map somewhere. It might be one of the foldups someone makes, or perhaps Hagstrom.

It's actually pretty recent, just not an official (MTA) map. (:P(D)(N)(Q) still run over the bridge, the (Mx) stopped running a few months ago, and here's the biggie: no (9) train.

I like how on this forum we try to figure these things out...

It is an official MTA map, just outdated.

I don't know they don't mention it. All they mentioned was it costs 3 bucks per cupcake, but there is one more thing about this map. The map also has the (:P, (D), (N), and (Q) on the Manhattan Bridge so it could be in the 1980's before the Manhattan Bridge shutdown, and the destruction of the World Trade Center since Cortlandt Street was still opened on the map.

I think what's throwing you guys off is that it's not an MTA map, it's Hagstrom's. (Take a look at the black dots for the transfers in Brooklyn.) I'm pretty sure it's just sometime post-CI renovation, pre-June 2010.

(M)(R) in the tunnel, no (9), etc...

ETA: Sorry, it took me a while to write the post. Eric B nailed it.

Archived