Which streets need bus lanes?

Kingsbridge Bus

Third Avenue In Bay Ridge,Brooklyn. Ever since the B37 was cut, the street that was once full of life has been droopy.

3 Av don't need a bus lane if there's no bus stopping there. But here's some streets that I know of...

Bedford/Nostrand Avs from Flushing Av to Eastern Pkwy

Fulton St from Vanderbilt Av to Utica Av (connecting to the existing lane)

Utica Av from Atlantic Av to Eastern Pkwy (connecting to the existing lane)

3 Av don't need a bus lane if there's no bus stopping there. But here's some streets that I know of...

Bedford/Nostrand Avs from Flushing Av to Eastern Pkwy

Fulton St from Vanderbilt Av to Utica Av (connecting to the existing lane)

Utica Av from Atlantic Av to Eastern Pkwy (connecting to the existing lane)

Not everywhere needs a bus lane. Fulton St from that point does not need a bus lane. It is only the B25/26 from Vanderbilt to Classon and it's only 1 route (25, besides the 44 from ny ave to bedford) from Classon to Utica. I've ridden the 25 last 16 years (Ive always lived along that route), it may be slow and to a degree frequent, but a bus lane, no. There comes a point a in time when we sacrifice too much parking for just 1 or two bus routes (I'm pro-transit, but there is nowhere to park in Brooklyn).

181st in Washington Heights. On average, it takes about 20 minutes just to get to the Washington bridge to the Bronx on any of the 5 Bx routes when it's a couple blocks away from the bus stops.

i agree with Melvin i cant stand sitting or standing in that darn traffic then a rush of people gets on to make things worse:mad:

181st in Washington Heights. On average, it takes about 20 minutes just to get to the Washington bridge to the Bronx on any of the 5 Bx routes when it's a couple blocks away from the bus stops.

181 St between Broadway and Amsterdam should not even allow cars from 6AM-7PM

Richmond Ave, Hylan Blvd, the VNB good candidates also.

I think any bus lanes on SI should be rush hour-only, like the one on Victory Blvd between Bay Street and Louis Street.

I think Richmond Avenue could use a bus lane between the SIE and Victory Blvd (that is the only place where it really jams up).

I believe Hylan Blvd has a bus lane, but I'm not sure which portion has it.

I think Forest Avenue between Bard Avenue and Decker Avenue could use a bus lane as well.

As SIR North Shore mentioned, Victory Blvd could use one from Slosson Avenue to Jewett Avenue.

I'm not sure about the VNB. It has a lot of buses that use it (many express buses and the S53/S79/S93), but it doesn't really get jammed up.

Convert Isham St between Broadway & Sherman Av into 2-way busway to improve bus service on Bx12 SBS.

I remember when I was on Bx12 LTD, ahead Bx12 LTD skipped first stop and there was two trucks double-parking on both sides on narrow street.

It took average Bx12 LTD to travel this street about 20-30 minutes.

University Heights Bridge should have painted bus lane on right side.

Also, during summer time, bus lane should have been painted on Pelham Parkway from Bronx Park to Eastchester Rd because Orchard Beach traffic causes slow down on Bx12, SBS, Bee-Line buses.

Broadway needs Bus Lane from 225th St to 168th St.

Queens

Junction Blvd needs bus lane from Rego Park to Astoria Blvd because sometimes traffic backup at Northern Blvd and LIE area.

Convert Roosevelt Av under Flushing Line EL between Queens Blvd and 83rd St into bus transitway. This bus lane could only be used by buses and taxis only.

WB Bus Lane begins at 82nd St. Detour motorists to other street. This could improve bus service on Q32, Q33, Q45, Q47, Q49, Q53.

Back to Manhattan

Columbus-9th Av Bus Lane and 10th-Amsterdam Av Bus Lanes needed between Lincoln Center and 34th St.

This could improve M11, M16, M34, Greyhound/PeterPan, (NJT), CoachUSA, Lakeland, Academy, Express Bus, Sphinx, FujiExpress, and long-distance buses that uses this street.

As in result, there will be changed on Lincoln Tunnel traffic pattern except for buses.

Archived