Jay St-Metrotech (A)(C)(F)(R) To Open December 10th

Sea Beach

Some foamer will probably be doing that all day.:o

True. Only negative about the (R) connection to the (A)(C)(F) is that the (MTA) may never restore full 24/7 (R) along whole route between Forest Hills and Bay Ridge via Bway/Manhattan Local.

Still I still think after the budget crisis, the (R) could still run at least between Whitehall and 95th St/bay ridge.

Just wondering: how many people would actually benefit from a Livonia/Junius transfer? Judging by the map alone, this transfer would be rather peripheral: neither the (L) and the (3) do have that many stations between their Brooklyn termini and this proposed transfer.

It would make it easier to get to the Livonia line from other parts of Brooklyn since the only way to do so right now would be to get the (3) at either Atlantic Ave., Franklin Ave. (using the shuttle would entail a 3 seat ride) or Court St. (kinda out of the way). It encourages better intraborough possibilities.

Also, the (MTA) wouldn't make a transfer from the (2)(3)(4)(5) at Court St. to Jay St. since then the (R) would connect to itself (there is a transfer from it to the A Division lines at Borough Hall).

On a note regarding the Court Square transfer, this could take some loads off the (R) train as it would allow for a free transfer between the (7) and (E) express. This would be better for me since I wouldn't have to depend on the infamous (R) to shuttle me between the QB Lines and the East Side Lines.

Oh snap you're right :tup:. I would go down there but I'm feeling a little lazy today plus I have to work. I'll check it out after work.

On a sidde note, when will they update the R160 announcements on the (F)(R) and the (N) (late nights) & (Q) (occasional G.O)?

So Wednesday marked the last time I'll ever have to use the (F)ail train (or even the (G)) to get to the (R). Previously I had to take the (A)/© to Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets for the (G) or Jay Street for the (F) and then to Fourth Avenue for the (R) and be on my way to 86th Street for the bus to school. Now I can just eliminate the (F)/(G) from my commute and take the (R) directly at Jay Street instead. This new transfer should make it easier for me, as well as for those who want access to the Financial District in Lower Manhattan.

I'll use it tomorrow when heading to my afternoon class.

Guest lance25
On a sidde note, when will they update the R160 announcements on the (F)(R) and the (N) (late nights) & (Q) (occasional G.O)?

I'd say about a year. That's about how long it took the R160s to announce the (1) as a transfer at Whitehall St-South Ferry.

I'd say about a year. That's about how long it took the R160s to announce the (1) as a transfer at Whitehall St-South Ferry.

its funny u mention that, cuz some how the (W) still there, lol.

on the (N)(R):

"This is Whitehall St, transfer is available to the (1) and (W) train. Transfer is available to the Staten Island Ferry."

The station and the transfer connection looks great.

But MTA forgot something in the rehab...

Wall tiles on (R) platform section? Forgot about it?

I agree. Wall tiles just like what they did at 86th St. (R) would've made the station look even better, but then again it all comes down to $$.

Archived