Long Island Bus cut from MTA Budget, future looks very grim

w8Hou

If most of the Nassau County political leaders from both parties had their way IMO , the only form of mass transit would be the LIRR.

It's similar in Staten Island. The politicans if they do care about mass transit usually will push for more express bus service or HOV lanes because they know that its us express bus riders that are more likely to be voting in their favor.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow just wow, SMFH. So your saying that ENY made that up or something? I highly doubt he would do something like that, keep arrogant thoughts like that to yourself please.

Was that really necessary? Or are you just trying to sound big for no reason? Or are you just trying to pick a fight? It's a public forum where people can actually expresses their thoughts about things that are being discussed. YOU should keep your arrogant statements like THAT to yourself....

The problem is that Ed Mangano has to answer to the state separately. Thanks to misdealings by Tom Gulotta, the Nassau County executive no longer has final say over the budget. It's the Nassau Interim Finance Authority that has to sign off on it.

Ahh thanks, I was pretty unclear to the whole situation.

I blame Mangano for everything. Always. If there's an earthquake, it's his fault. Seriously though, I have no sympathy for the trouble he'll have to go through since he called for Walder's resignation in that cheap PR gimmick.

In the way of the "exclusive" drama: obviously everybody wants direct proof, but the true case is that much of the information that's an exclusive on this site is pre-announcment, i.e., NOT ON THE RECORD. That means you don't say, "I spoke to TA official so-and-so-so-and-so and he said..." It's just an unspoken rule. So don't question when there's an odd story just 'cos you don't have a source to pinpoint. You never will.

--

Side note, you people get really overexcited over "exclusive," don't you? I mean, first there was all that drama with the R142A (1) train, and now everybody's angry because they think they found somebody else who mentioned said information? Sheesh.

Its just a small bunch that do, but oh well.

Though I have a question, from the 90s until now, how much has Nassau County been paying up to the MTA? The same amount of was it increasing/declining?

Right! What I posted was (and for now remains) quite accurate at this time. Not only that, but it doesn't mean anything right now that the LIB budget wasnt approved. Besides, LIB was included in the budget that went to the board this week. That alone means they at least plan to continue working with Nassau County. All it means, is that the specific amount of funding to be allocated to LIB was not approved. "MTA and Nassau County officials are negotiating a plan under which the county gradually would assume the cost of operating its bus service."

Now, I will say it once again. MTA will continue to operate LIB for the time being. Wether or not MTA keeps LIB is neither here nor there. What I posted was accurate, and I'm quite confident we will continue operating LIB. The earliest MTA will give up LIB is sping/summer 2011.

BTW, the MTA did however approve funding of MTA standard uniforms for LIB road ops. employees. Now why on Earth would they do that, then turn right back around and drop them completely in January???

Any more questions anyone?? Specifically Mark1447 or Joel Up Front??

this is about the same thing we where told from what happened at the meeting yesterday..

the county sent a counter offer to walder and said at the meeting we are reasonible for the money to run LIB.

i was told teh counter from nassau was 18 million and then 2 million increase after that a year..

this is about the same thing we where told from what happened at the meeting yesterday..

the county sent a counter offer to walder and said at the meeting we are reasonible for the money to run LIB.

i was told teh counter from nassau was 18 million and then 2 million increase after that a year..

I think that is definitely a reasonable amount. Since the TA wants Nassau to put up $26 million, this would be a good start. The only thing, is they would have to wait till 2015 if they only increase funding by $2 million per year. As much as I hope everything pans out, I don't want to see anymore cuts from TA/BC just to fund LIB. This has gone on long enough, and if Nassau had been putting up their fair share, there would have been an additional $20 million to play with, and we could have possibly saved a few routes from being cut this summer.

A lot of those routes were pointless loops, school routes that had plenty of alternatives (The N6, 15, 31, and 32 run by Sacred Heart), and even more pointless shuttles from LIRR stations to work sites people drove to anyway.

The one cut I didn't agree with was the removal of the N1 going by Valley Stream station. People actually RIDE the N1, but not the N2, which lost its Jamaica extension. That bus never comes by, either...

I heard that Nassau owns the Orion 7? Is this true, becuz i dont think so. And if so, would LIB still keep them even when the t/a splits off Nassau?

Was that really necessary? Or are you just trying to sound big for no reason? Or are you just trying to pick a fight? It's a public forum where people can actually expresses their thoughts about things that are being discussed. YOU should keep your arrogant statements like THAT to yourself....

Thank You Shane.. Ive got nothing else to say after my message to him..

I already messaged ENY anyways on this situation.

I heard that Nassau owns the Orion 7? Is this true, becuz i dont think so. And if so, would LIB still keep them even when the t/a splits off Nassau?

Thank You Shane.. Ive got nothing else to say after my message to him..

I already messaged ENY anyways on this situation.

The Orion VIIs are staying at LIB according to the new RFP put out November 30. The fareboxes are in dispute.

How about you back off punk. Your picking a fight by responding to this, no ones talking to you, THE END.

How about you back off punk. Your picking a fight by responding to this, no ones talking to you, THE END.

Lol at trying to be tough over the internet........you aren't like this when we are near each other in person......that alone says enough....

Look, I just found what you said to be pretty disrespectful since you pretty much singled him out for no apparent reason. I'm not picking a fight, I'm just standing up for him since that was pretty wrong of you to do when things on this forum are always questioned. So I advise you to take a seat, mind your space and think before you respond......

Getting back on topic, when/if LIB ceases to exist or to not receive funds from the MTA, I wonder how the mall routes to/from Roosevelt Field would be managed along with several routes that goes to LIRR stations, those routes do have high ridership and does bring in good revenue for the company.

Lol at trying to be tough over the internet........you aren't like this when we are near each other in person......that alone says enough....

Look, I just found what you said to be pretty disrespectful since you pretty much singled him out for no apparent reason. I'm not picking a fight, I'm just standing up for him since that was pretty wrong of you to do when things on this forum are always questioned. So I advise you to take a seat, mind your space and think before you respond......

Getting back on topic, when/if LIB ceases to exist or to not receive funds from the MTA, I wonder how the mall routes to/from Roosevelt Field would be managed along with several routes that goes to LIRR stations, those routes do have high ridership and does bring in good revenue for the company.

Is there any LIB route other that doesn't serve a mall or LIRR station, however? As I see it, the routes that serve malls should be okay - but there are some routes that only provide coverage that could be in trouble - routes like the N33, N36, N73, and N74.

Is there any LIB route other that doesn't serve a mall or LIRR station, however? As I see it, the routes that serve malls should be okay - but there are some routes that only provide coverage that could be in trouble - routes like the N33, N36, N73, and N74.

Don't quote me on this but I think there are a few routes that doesn't serve a mall and LIRR stations.

The routes you listed serve LIRR stations. Every route that I know of serves an LIRR station or mall.

It'd be pointless to have a route travel nowhere near an LIRR station or point of interest.

N1 - Mall-town (165th Street Terminal trips rare)

N2 - Mall-town (goes by LIRR station)

N4 - LIRR Station-Subway

N6 - Terminal-Terminal (goes by LIRR and (F))

N8 - Mall-town

N14 - loop, serves Rockville Centre station

N16 - Mall-terminal/town (goes by two different LIRR stations on full trips)

N19 - LIRR-Mall

N20 - LIRR-Subway (7)

N21 - Town-Subway (7)

N22/A - LIRR-Terminal (both routes go by a mall)

N23 - Terminal-town (LIRR station across from terminal)

N24 - Mall-Terminal

N25 - LIRR-LIRR (north-south route)

N26 - LIRR-Terminal

N27 - Terminal-Town

N31/32 - Terminal-City (suburb; stops a few blocks away from (A))

N33 - LIRR-Subway

N35 - Town-Town (Four LIRR stations along way)

N36 - LIRR-LIRR

N40/41 - Terminal-LIRR Station (LIRR across from Terminal)

N43 - Mall-LIRR

N45 - Mall-Town (Bellmore station before terminus)

N46 - Terminal-Town (same terminus as N45)

N47 - Terminal-Town

N48 - Terminal-Town

N49 - Same as N48, takes different path

N50 - Mall-Town (Same terminus as N45 and N46)

N51 - Mall-Town

N54 - Terminal-LIRR

N55 - Terminal-Mall

N57/58 - Loops, start at Great Neck station

N62 - Loop, starts at Freeport station

N70 - Terminal - Point of interest

N71 - Terminal - Mall

N72 - Terminal - LIRR Station

N73/4 - LIRR Station-Town

N78 - Terminal - point of interest

N79 - Terminal - Mall

N80/1 - Mall - Mall (only two such routes on LI)

N88 - LIRR - POI

Lol at still going off topic, even after when a Mod said to stop, you still go on, just goes to show what excellent listening skills you have :tup:

I dont even see you in person, lulz :tdown:

No one was talking to you, so I advise you to mind your own buisness, and stop putting icing on the cake, even when a Mod told you to stop. :tdown:

Lol at still going off topic, even after when a Mod said to stop, you still go on, just goes to show what excellent listening skills you have :tup:

No one was talking to you, so I advise you to mind your own buisness, and stop putting icing on the cake, even when a Mod told you to stop. :tdown:

I went back on topic......reading comprehension fail....

I should remind you of an occasion (coughbusfestcough), but I'm leaving that alone. Plus, this is a public forum, I dont need to be spoken to in order to reply, ya silly goose. Quit trying to sound tough over the internet, seriously, doesnt make you look tough in person. You might also want to stop sniffing the bottom end....

Oh yeah, and one more thing

No one was talking to you before you even started this mess, so it should be you who should be minding their own business....lol....intelligence fail....

Getting BACK on topic again before he drags it down yet again

It'd be pointless to have a route travel nowhere near an LIRR station or point of interest.

N4 - LIRR Station-Subway

N8 - Mall-town

N19 - LIRR-Mall

N20 - LIRR-Subway (7)

N21 - Town-Subway (7)

N24 - Mall-Terminal

N26 - LIRR-Terminal

N27 - Terminal-Town

N33 - LIRR-Subway

N36 - LIRR-LIRR

N43 - Mall-LIRR

N47 - Terminal-Town

N48 - Terminal-Town

N51 - Mall-Town

N54 - Terminal-LIRR

N55 - Terminal-Mall

N71 - Terminal - Mall

N79 - Terminal - Mall

N88 - LIRR - POI

Jesus christ, I didnt realize all these routes stop by a mall or at an LIRR terminal. What about those routes that are ran by those vans/cutaways? Or are some of those routes that used those vehicles incorporated in this list here? Sorry but my route knowledge about LIB is very limited. I only know about a handful of the routes you listed here lol.

Oh yeah, the N15 goes to Roosevelt Field and I think Hempstead? Or am I confusing that with another route.... And those N1, 2 and 3 trips to 165 are rush hour trips, I gotta do those someday....

Also, is the N3 a rush-hour only route? I remember catching it a while back seen here

dsc00856u.jpg

I remember seeing this during the rush to 165th, unless the line got cut.

But at the same time no one was talking to you when i was talking to ENY.

Internet aint nothing to me, anyone can be tough online becuz its just words(NO feelings or looks!) and your not with the person face to face.. Now.. when you are face to face then its serious. :)

I don't mean to go off, but this flame wouldn't have started if you'd keep your mouth zipped and not say anything to me! And then you want me to be friends with you this easily? I don't think so! I got my eyes peeled on you and others as i've said on the net and know whats going. From Youtube to FB to certain places. If you wanna make peace, then you gotta bring peace, becuz im 100% in the peace mode, but im not settling for a while until i see things change.

This is why i'm not much with the NYCT Fan community, thanks to the bs drama all over the place. Moved on with other stuff in my life..

Cait does not need to back me up at all. I didn't even ask for a responds, but he was Generous enough to do so on his own.

Now I think we should cut this junk and stop the argument..

So my guess it is that the (MTA) could then still keep, LIB. Even after Febs deadline?

N4 - LIRR Station-Subway

N8 - Mall-town

N19 - LIRR-Mall

N20 - LIRR-Subway (7)

N21 - Town-Subway (7)

N24 - Mall-Terminal

N26 - LIRR-Terminal

N27 - Terminal-Town

N33 - LIRR-Subway

N36 - LIRR-LIRR

N43 - Mall-LIRR

N47 - Terminal-Town

N48 - Terminal-Town

N51 - Mall-Town

N54 - Terminal-LIRR

N55 - Terminal-Mall

N71 - Terminal - Mall

N79 - Terminal - Mall

N88 - LIRR - POI

You forgot the N15 which goes between a mall and a LIRR station

Archived