Long Island Bus cut from MTA Budget, future looks very grim

w8Hou

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that post about LIB being kept(NYCTF exclusive) posted was sort of incorrect seeing now the (MTA) is killing off the LIB.. Hopefully things go well tho.

All i can say is get your rides, photos and vids fast, just in case!

Can't blame the (MTA) for this since Nassau ain't putting much for the LIB.

I guess that post about LIB being kept(NYCTF exclusive) posted was sort of incorrect seeing now the (MTA) is killing off the LIB.. Hopefully things go well tho.

All i can say is get your rides, photos and vids fast, just in case!

Can't blame the (MTA) for this since Nassau ain't putting much for the LIB.

The MTA is merely returning it to County control. It's always been Nassau's bus system, so now Nassau can pay for it.

]I guess that post about LIB being kept(NYCTF exclusive) posted was sort of incorrect[/b] seeing now the (MTA) is killing off the LIB.. Hopefully things go well tho.

All i can say is get your rides' date=' photos and vids fast, just in case!

Can't blame the (MTA) for this since Nassau ain't putting much for the LIB.[/quote']

Not entirely, a while back after the post was made, there were some positive discussions about the two co-existing with each other until mid-2011. The MTA had made an offer to Mangano to pay up a little more than what he is paying now and Mangano backed out. So now we are back in this vicious circle again.

Not entirely, a while back after the post was made, there were some positive discussions about the two co-existing with each other until mid-2011. The MTA had made an offer to Mangano to pay up a little more than what he is paying now and Mangano backed out. So now we are back in this vicious circle again.

Long Island prefers cars over buses and if anything most residents would prefer some relief to the LIRR costs if anything, so I think that is who he's playing to.

Thanks for all your "exclusive" news, ENY. Now I have the liberty of riding my bike to and from school 10 miles each way.

Yeah it was just to drive traffic on NYCTF.. But i already had a feeling anyways. Of course things can change tho..

But why not get a car then or LIRR?

But do u think the LIB under Nassau can still survive without the (MTA)s help?

Yeah it was just to drive traffic on NYCTF.. But i already had a feeling anyways. Of course things can change tho..

But why not get a car then or LIRR?

Because the DMV is run by jackasses (and I experienced this firsthand, three times... at least the second one was nice about it.) and the Far Rockaway Branch isn't connected to any of the other branches past the Valley Interlocking, and the tracks that DID run behind Nassau have been abandoned since the '30s. It's great knowing that the cheapest, most viable form of transport outside of having a license to drive and a car is going to be handed over to inexperienced idiots. It'll cost $15.00 to get to Nassau via taxi and my dad drives like a maniac, but is the only one willing to drive me to NCC. My mom is afraid of driving as she is and literally prays every time she backs out of the driveway, and is also a woman who blows through stop signs but stops fully anyway...

But do u think the LIB under Nassau can still survive without the (MTA)s help?

No. Mangano thinks he can drop LIB at someone else's doorstep and not care about it anymore.

Right! What I posted was (and for now remains) quite accurate at this time. Not only that, but it doesn't mean anything right now that the LIB budget wasnt approved. Besides, LIB was included in the budget that went to the board this week. That alone means they at least plan to continue working with Nassau County. All it means, is that the specific amount of funding to be allocated to LIB was not approved. "MTA and Nassau County officials are negotiating a plan under which the county gradually would assume the cost of operating its bus service."

Now, I will say it once again. MTA will continue to operate LIB for the time being. Wether or not MTA keeps LIB is neither here nor there. What I posted was accurate, and I'm quite confident we will continue operating LIB. The earliest MTA will give up LIB is sping/summer 2011.

BTW, the MTA did however approve funding of MTA standard uniforms for LIB road ops. employees. Now why on Earth would they do that, then turn right back around and drop them completely in January???

Any more questions anyone?? Specifically Mark1447 or Joel Up Front??

So why is every other news source saying there was nothing for LIB in the budget that passed?

Reading is fundamental, and you are beginning to piss me off. READ!!! Funding for LIB operations was not passed! Duh!!! Did I once say anything to the contrary of the other sources??? NO! This is the second time you have questioned one of my posts because YOU did not READ something thoroughly.

You know, i didnt meant to bring you angry, nor was I. But some of the posts here should not be marked NYCTF Exclusive as its already known to some people and can be found on the net bro. Plus who knows if somethings fall apart which then people ill blab its incorrect.

Wow just wow, SMFH. So your saying that ENY made that up or something? I highly doubt he would do something like that, keep arrogant thoughts like that to yourself please.

I never even said he made up anything, but why use exclusive for that if there other sources on then SMFDHH.

The problem is that Ed Mangano has to answer to the state separately. Thanks to misdealings by Tom Gulotta, the Nassau County executive no longer has final say over the budget. It's the Nassau Interim Finance Authority that has to sign off on it.

I guess cause it was big news

But he did say he have an inside source. Its fine for that, but still most people would still want to see some proof on the hand. Me i wouldn't mind if there wasn't, but depends.

The one about RTSs making a returns he mentioned, i totally kept in my mind and hoping for that.

Of course, i did mention sorter for LIB being cut, but things can change and he could be 100% correct.

But he did say he have an inside source. Its fine for that, but still most people would still want to see some proof on the hand. Me i wouldn't mind if there wasn't, but depends.

The one about RTSs making a returns he mentioned, i totally kept in my mind and hoping for that.

Of course, i did mention sorter for LIB being cut, but things can change and he could be 100% correct.

Yeah thats true. I hope they keep LIB tho, if they take it away that would be real bad.

And RTS to return to where again?

You know, i didnt meant to bring you angry, nor was I. But some of the posts here should not be marked NYCTF Exclusive as its already known to some people and can be found on the net bro. Plus who knows if somethings fall apart which then people ill blab its incorrect.

1.) I actually didn't put "Exclusive" on my last post about LIB..... So do you have any examples you can reference for me??

2.) Content is our #1 priority! Not site traffic.

3.) That was just rude! I expected more out of you than some of our other members.

Most everything I post will eventually be on the internet, if not when I post it. Information on very few of the so-called "exclusives" I post can be found anywhere on the net when I post them. I.e. New Flyer Order, Test Bus orders, LIB getting new Orions, etc... And as Sea Beach suggested, I use that for big news/exciting news that I would like to stress.

4.) Last, but not least, I understand people want to see proof, but I thought we already established that I post some things that you will not likely see in black and white until they are officially anounced. Then I also stated that I'm under no obligation to prove, or provide proof of anything to anyone. We know things at the MTA can change on a dime. Besides that, my track record of correct info should speak for itself. We should be at 98% over the last 3 years right? So after 3 years of 99.9% correct major MTA news..... Why are we still even having this conversation??:confused:

Yeah thats true. I hope they keep LIB tho, if they take it away that would be real bad.

And RTS to return to where again?

Making a return back to the market!:cool:

I can't even tell the difference between those post-1999 cars. Unless you have some serious defect you have to directly address to the train crew, I don't care what's on what line. Just don't slack on the upkeep of either the trains or the stations they stop at. I can't stand going to the subway forum and watching [redacted] foam over [redacted] on the [redacted] line. Seriously. They work, the track's fine, the train crew actually knows what to do, so shut up and let life go on.

Ditto for the LIRR. I actually rode an M3 for the first time in about 9 years on the way to Lynbrook. I don't remember the ride on them being that rough, though, and the doors wouldn't close the first time, the conductor had to open and close them twice before they shut off. Somehow, though, those trains have better PA systems that the M7s. I just wish they'd move the N25 terminus closer to the machines like the N4/19/40/41/43 do at Freeport.

I'm just lucky I even have access to an LIRR station via a bus line that ACTUALLY COMES BY. I don't agree with the 30 minute headways, but that's no excuse to cut service. When we're all paying for a crappy private LIB, then everyone else will start realizing that it was a bad idea. It's not like the ridership is exclusively poor/working class/handicapped. There are still people that have to wait for a bus to go by stations that probably only have hourly service. It's not like the LIRR has branches going all over the island. What about people in BETWEEN the Main Line and Babylon Branch? What options do those people without a car and only enough money for a bus ride have?

In a year, I'm going to see PSAs trashing Mangano for making a move like this. Someone in the government CANNOT be happy with what he's planning. It seems like only someone at that level can make him change his mind, because he thinks the MTA is too greedy and what can I do as one of the 3% of Nassau residents that need LIB?

So why is every other news source saying there was nothing for LIB in the budget that passed?

They have the attention span of a toddler that just saw ice cream.

Long Island Bus is too large to be allowed to collapse all at once. The new RFP is better, but they still would have to pay out more money than now. It will absolutely continue to run without interruption, even if the state has to take highway money hostage.

Archived