Nostalgia Train run on 12/26?

+Young+

As of 8:45 PM on 12/25, here's what I learned so far:

According to WNBC/Channel 4, we are supposed to get 12-18 inches by Monday PM.

According to WCBS/Channel 2, Manhattan is supposed to get 11-17 inches of snow by Monday @ 12 Noon.

According to WNYW/Channel 5, Manhattan is supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow.

According to WABC/Channel 7, we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow by Monday afternoon.

My question is: By tomorrow morning at around 9/9:30, how much snow is the 'yard' going to get? Is the 'yard' going to get enough snow to bury the Nostalgia Train or not that much so it can get out? (I'm not worried when it's over, worse comes to worse the crew will just stick it in a temp. location until things improve.) I'm also not worried about 'road' conditions since it is underground and the # of G.O.s are very small.

Any helpful information would be appreciated, not only to me but to everyone else too.

A Plan 1 is in effect right now, which, from what I know, doesn't cancel G.O.'s...only Plan 2 and higher cancels G.O.'s, and since the Arnines are a G.O. train, it will get canceled. Last year on the 19th it snowed during midday and by the evening there was snow everywhere, so the train got snowed in the yard and therefore canceled.

I really don't think we'll be waking up with a lot of snow. It's really gonna get heavy during the late afternoon though.

A Plan 1 is in effect right now, which, from what I know, doesn't cancel G.O.'s...only Plan 2 and higher cancels G.O.'s, and since the Arnines are a G.O. train, it will get canceled. Last year on the 19th it snowed during midday and by the evening there was snow everywhere, so the train got snowed in the yard and therefore canceled.

I really don't think we'll be waking up with a lot of snow. It's really gonna get heavy during the late afternoon though.

whats plan 3 and 4?

The train is still going to run as of a few minutes ago, but that can change by 9:00 Am when the train is supposed to leave 207th St Yard.

At that time we're supposed to have snow showers but nothing's gonna stick to the ground until after 12:00.

I hope the train runs, I have a trip with mta(T)train so it would completely suck if I had to cancel it.

Tomo is the last day for the (V)intage train, I really hope it runs and stays out longer (b/c its the last day). 70(RR)

All,

This will be a game time decision. Check tomorrow morning around 9 AM because by that time the GO either will have gotten or not gotten final approval.

That will still leave you enough time to go if it's on. But as of now, assume it's on. It's unlikely you'll hear anything else tonight so get your sleep so you can get up early and find out for sure.

There is no way this snowstorm can just cause a Plan 1.Unless the MTA has special radars that show it will be very little snow.Must be Plan 3 or higher.

Cold weather plans are called on regular business days, that is when full regular service is running so there is sufficient personnell on duty to lay up trains underground after the PM rush and into the night. That means that Plan 1 was called Thursday morning, long before the severity of the storm was known on Saturday morning.

Other than lines and portions of lines that don't run on weekends, you'd be suprised that most lines need the bulk of their trains running all 7 days.

Lines with lots of trains un-needed on weekends in the B Division are: B (not running), E (laid up mostly underground anyway), F, (laid up both ends), L (about half the fleet due to tight rush hour headways), J (only the rush hour Z's) and M (only 16 cars needed weekends).

I hope the train runs, I have a trip with mta(T)train so it would completely suck if I had to cancel it.

Tomo is the last day for the (V)intage train, I really hope it runs and stays out longer (b/c its the last day). 70(RR)

Even IF it runs, it has a schedule, and will not stay out late. There are folks who get paid for operating the train and NO OVERTIME!

Archived