Charleston Depot Update/New Express Bus Schedules

Via Garibaldi 8

There are new schedules for the S44/94, S53, S56, S61/91 and S66.

There are also new schedules for the X1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9 and X22.

I know those are going to be retired sometime soon. They've got maybe 3 or 4 years left. I wouldn't mind seeing them go even sooner than that. The sooner the better. :cool::tup:

How about NO, Yukon takes good care of their 6300s. They could last FOREVER! :P

Do you know if those S66 trips serving Petrides High School serve Petrides High School and then continue to St. George, or do they terminate at Petrides?

This reminds me of my idea for the S66.

Eastbound: Victory Blvd->Little Clove Road->Renwick Avenue->Milford Drive->Clove Road->Howard Avenue->Eddy Street->Victory Blvd

Westbound: Victory Blvd->Eddy Street->Howard Avenue->Clove Road->Little Clove Road->Victory Blvd

The advantages would be:

-The trip for passengers boarding west of Little Clove Road would be reduced slightly, as the S66 wouldn't have to go straight down Highland Avenue.

-Petrides High School gets a bus serving it, so it gives students more options to get home.

-More of Grymes Hill gets bus service (Highland Avenue loses nothing, since the S66 doesn't make stops along it anyway)

Victory Blvd already has the S61 and S62, so there is no point in having 3 buses all timed to meet the same ferry when you could expand the netowork coverage by rerouting one of them.

There are new schedules for the S44/94, S53, S56, S61/91 and S66.

There are also new schedules for the X1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9 and X22.

How about NO, Yukon takes good care of their 6300s. They could last FOREVER! :)

I was heading to the city today and noticed an updated X1 -9 schedule. Maybe someone does read this thread because I was bitching about the MTA needing to add another X2 for the morning rush and violà the last X2 out of New Dorp starts at 09:00am. :cool:

The schedules look just about the same from what I've seen, they added a bus here or there but I don't see anything cut, which is very good news.

Regarding Yukon's bus maintenance record, they're part of the SI Division that just a few years ago before the new generations came to Staten Island, they were using duct tape to keep buses together, so I don't know about that... :eek:

Regarding Yukon's bus maintenance record, they're part of the SI Division that just a few years ago before the new generations came to Staten Island, they were using duct tape to keep buses together, so I don't know about that... :eek:

Yukon is doing so much better with their fleet than they were years back. Castleton on the other hand...bleh :eek:

This reminds me of my idea for the S66.

Eastbound: Victory Blvd->Little Clove Road->Renwick Avenue->Milford Drive->Clove Road->Howard Avenue->Eddy Street->Victory Blvd

Westbound: Victory Blvd->Eddy Street->Howard Avenue->Clove Road->Little Clove Road->Victory Blvd

The advantages would be:

-The trip for passengers boarding west of Little Clove Road would be reduced slightly, as the S66 wouldn't have to go straight down Highland Avenue.

-Petrides High School gets a bus serving it, so it gives students more options to get home.

-More of Grymes Hill gets bus service (Highland Avenue loses nothing, since the S66 doesn't make stops along it anyway)

Victory Blvd already has the S61 and S62, so there is no point in having 3 buses all timed to meet the same ferry when you could expand the netowork coverage by rerouting one of them.

I agree with your point on the S61/S62, but the folks on the upper section of Howard will probably cry "NIMBY." Plus, the folks on Little Clove Road might cry NIMBY after being without a bus all these years.

The section of Little Clove Road between Clove Road and Renwick Avenue had the S60 before it was eliminated, so that shouldn't be a problem (unless they pull a stunt like Country Club did, saying they don't want a through-route serving their neighborhood)

It's a shame about the upper part of Howard Avenue, though. Because of them, the buses have to make a sharp turn down Highland Avenue to get up Grymes Hill.

I read that about 36% of workers near the upper part of Howard Avenue use public transportation to get to work, but a good portion of them probably just drive to whatever mode they are using.

Yukon is doing so much better with their fleet than they were years back. Castleton on the other hand...bleh :eek:

Their depot isn't as old as Castleton's Depot and they have newer buses overall, especially when you compare their express buses to what Castleton has. They have some 4300s and 2200s. Castleton has none.

I would just like to take a pic of a CT on a Staten Island express bus route. I only have one such pic, and that is the X1. I blew a few opportunities to take CT pics of the X15 and X17. I'm not really familiar with the depots, but I believe that CT's don't run on the North Shore express bus routes.

I would just like to take a pic of a CT on a Staten Island express bus route. I only have one such pic, and that is the X1. I blew a few opportunities to take CT pics of the X15 and X17. I'm not really familiar with the depots, but I believe that CT's don't run on the North Shore express bus routes.

The D4500CTs are only at Yukon (X1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9).

Hell if you can get the B/O to sign it as something else for you, then I dunno if that would count for you pertaining to getting a photo of a bus on a certain line, for instance, the X42. It's your poison, pick it.

The X17 is now out of Meredith so all you'll see are 2800s.

Um...not anymore. Charleston now has ALL THREE X17 routes (X17, X17c, X17J), Meredith no longer operates the X17. If it does, then it's a small piece. This comes from an operator who picked right into Charleston.

Oh and the 4300s are also at Charleston.

Um...not anymore. Charleston now has ALL THREE X17 routes (X17, X17c, X17J), Meredith no longer operates the X17. If it does, then it's a small piece. This comes from an operator who picked right into Charleston.

Oh and the 4300s are also at Charleston.

However, Meredith still has a small piece of the X17 for the moment... At least they did as of last week, but yes I saw quite a few X17s out of Charleston last week.

Previously CTs did run on the X17, but this will depend on what express buses Charleston is getting from Yukon and/or Castleton. Since last week, so far I've only see 2000s out of Charleston.

Supposedly from Castleton to Charleston:

2040-2059, 2061-2078

Supposedly from Yukon to Charleston:

2079-2080, 2082-2118, 2127, 2141, 2148, 2153, 2162, 2166, 2168, 2178, 2183-2184, 2186 and 4300-4314

There may be more 2100s at Charleston but that's a rough estimate.

Supposedly from Castleton to Charleston:

2040-2059, 2061-2078

Supposedly from Yukon to Charleston:

2079-2080, 2082-2118, 2127, 2141, 2148, 2153, 2162, 2166, 2168, 2178, 2183-2184, 2186 and 4300-4314

There may be more 2100s at Charleston but that's a rough estimate.

So that means Yukon won't have many 4300s then... Those 4300s that Charleston gets will more than likely be used on the X17.

So why is Charleston getting so many of the older buses? I guess they figure they've got the space and newer equipment to make repairs on these moreso than Castleton and Yukon does.

There will be no 43xx at yukon they only had #4300-4314. The other 15 #4315-4329 are in brookyln.

Well they did have a few other 4300s, but as you say UP must have those as well too. Then again, Yukon's express bus fleet isn't that bad. It was smart of the MTA to move the older buses from Castleton over to Charleston because they'll able to fix those better with the new depot. :tup:

So I had saying all along that another X2 run should be added after 08:45 and apparently the MTA felt so too. I took what was probably the last X2 this morning... This was a very smart move by the MTA because it takes pressure off of the X1, especially during that 09:00 - 09:15 period when X1s can be SRO. :tup: It also eliminates the transfer to the subway for Midtown riders like myself who tend to come in a bit later than the usual 09:00 or 09:30 folks. :cool:

Now if we can get later buses added on the North Shore.... :cool:

Archived