Charleston Depot Update/New Express Bus Schedules

Via Garibaldi 8

Now that it's January, is Charleston Depot officially open yet? I mean have the routes been assigned yet and are they actually running the official routes out of there yet? If not, when will it be officially open?

Also when will the express bus routes be updated to show which express bus lines are getting more runs added? :tup: :cool:

I also heard Staten Island's pick change goes in effect on the 9th (next week) so by then buses will be assigned to the depot. Don't be surprised if you see local buses with Charleston Depot decals on them already, Castleton/Yukon may be prepping for whatever buses they'll be giving up.

It's open, but the last time I checked, only the X17 and X19 are running out of it.

The express bus schedules are going to get updated when they print out the next round of schedules.

Soft opening, not the official opening.

I also heard Staten Island's pick change goes in effect on the 9th (next week) so by then buses will be assigned to the depot. Don't be surprised if you see local buses with Charleston Depot decals on them already, Castleton/Yukon may be prepping for whatever buses they'll be giving up.

Last I heard (but its not official), that the depot's official opening was pushed back yet again, but we'll see.

To what degree I can't say, but I saw two express buses (probably X17s) deadheading on 42nd street today on my way to lunch with the Charleston emblem. :cool:

Ride the S55/56/74/78/84 and tell me what you see. I'm hearing that the depot opening has been delayed AGAIN to February 12th, but that doesn't mean that they can't start plastering depot stickers on the local buses.

Ride the S55/56/74/78/84 and tell me what you see. I'm hearing that the depot opening has been delayed AGAIN to February 12th, but that doesn't mean that they can't start plastering depot stickers on the local buses.

Well, I took the X1 Saturday and Sunday and saw some S78s along Hylan Blvd. They all had Castleton emblems... I occasionally catch a glimpse of the S74/S84 along Targee or Richmond Rd if I'm on the X10 or X14 and so far still Castleton there too. I can't speak for the S55 or S56 since I usually don't go that far south on the island.

I will be checking out other express buses though to see if I see anything. I usually see the X22 a lot of late since I've been taking the X30 more.

My brother told me that the depot will be fully open on the 9th.:tup:

Just got into the office and saw an X17 out of Yukon on Madison and 45th. With the snowstorm I wonder if it will delay anything. It seems like the X17 is currently split between Meredith, Yukon and Charleston.

wait hold up, will Yukons NGs go straight to Charleston wit Castletons Orion Vs

As of RIGHT now, the plan is that Charleston's LOCAL fleet will be MAINLY Orion 05.501 buses with a "sprinkle" of NGs mixed in. That's what the plan is right now. Could this change...of course BUT that's the current plan now. Castleton will be MAINLY an Orion NG depot with some Orion 05.501 buses mixed in. There are NO plans of moving the NGs out of Yukon. At least not during this time.

As of RIGHT now, the plan is that Charleston's LOCAL fleet will be MAINLY Orion 05.501 buses with a "sprinkle" of NGs mixed in. That's what the plan is right now. Could this change...of course BUT that's the current plan now. Castleton will be MAINLY an Orion NG depot with some Orion 05.501 buses mixed in. There are NO plans of moving the NGs out of Yukon. At least not during this time.

Interesting...definitely seems to me like Castleton will be the one coughing up a crapload of their buses, especially the 5.501s, since they're losing a lot of runs as well.

Ahhh, this reminds me something, I gotta ask what my B/O friend has picked...she said she doesn't want to be at Castleton anymore but she likes driving the NGs over the diesel Orions...looks like she's in store for something just in case she picked Charleston! X-D

Well, just got word that a bunch of Orion 05.501 #6200 series along with 4431-4452 will be heading to Charleston. The #6200s are from BOTH Castleton and Yukon.

Looks like Castleton will retain the 6100s, Charleston will have 6200s and Yukon will have the 6300s with a few 6000s and 6100s mixed in as well.

Well, just got word that a bunch of Orion 05.501 #6200 series along with 4431-4452 will be heading to Charleston. The #6200s are from BOTH Castleton and Yukon.

Looks like Castleton will retain the 6100s, Charleston will have 6200s and Yukon will have the 6300s with a few 6000s and 6100s mixed in as well.

And filthy... You can see the dirt on those buses. Whenever I do take a local bus on Staten Island I usually just stand. :eek:

This is all I needed to hear!

Archived