New hire question

nyjdmevo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are going to have classes from now until april, and I also found out that the TA ppl that was my class are the ones who took the exam in 2005" so the ones that took the exam in 2008 have a long wait.

Thanks for the update, for the record the "5025" exam was

given on April/2006. From now until April is around 9 weeks, so figure 4 more classes.

Hey guy's, you all know now that my training day started today the first day. And boy do i have something to tell you all. Question:if a guy jump the curb no the first day of training what will happen through the rest of the training days? Question:and what if the instructor have to stop the bus for you because you are not listening to what he is saying, not 1 but 3 time he had to stop the bus? Guy's i need infor.

Oh boy, not good, but don't worry about day 1 or 2, worry about day 4,5,6, and 7 if he has to pull that break any of those day, than you may have something to worry about, take your time and drive slow. I might have seen you on Monday, when we did our drug class, what depo are you in?

oh boy, not good, but don't worry about day 1 or 2, worry about day 4,5,6, and 7 if he has to pull that break any of those day, than you may have something to worry about, take your time and drive slow. I might have seen you on monday, when we did our drug class, what depo are you in?

i'm at fresh pond depo from 6 am - 2 pm!

Oh boy, not good, but don't worry about day 1 or 2, worry about day 4,5,6, and 7 if he has to pull that break any of those day, than you may have something to worry about, take your time and drive slow. I might have seen you on Monday, when we did our drug class, what depo are you in?[/quote

lawbattle4 can you tell me about the heavy traffic and the 2nd day of heavy traffic that you had to do for training day?

Day 5 and day 6 I'm going tell the truth, its not going to be easy, manhatten is crazy, between the ppl and the cabs, they will drive u crazy, all I will tell you is drive slow, take your time, and don't hit any curbs or poles or people, call out everything, if u have you cdl already you might drive thru the midtown tun, go slow its real tight. You can do jus do the route nice and slow, watch everthing around you, also if you can, don't go first, that you can watch and see what you have to do, everyone on the bus is going to do the same route. You can do. Good luck.

it's only day one. I would ask to go first to show that i'm not intimidated and just drive as well as possible. I have a guy on my bus day 6 jump a curb and pasted day 7.

what shift do you work at fresh pond because i'm at fresh pond for my training days?

day 5 and day 6 i'm going tell the truth, its not going to be easy, manhatten is crazy, between the ppl and the cabs, they will drive u crazy, all i will tell you is drive slow, take your time, and don't hit any curbs or poles or people, call out everything, if u have you cdl already you might drive thru the midtown tun, go slow its real tight. You can do jus do the route nice and slow, watch everthing around you, also if you can, don't go first, that you can watch and see what you have to do, everyone on the bus is going to do the same route. You can do. Good luck.

ok i will listen to you because i always go first but 5 and 6 day i will go when he tell me next is you. Thank you

Im currently working PM's usually Report at 1630ish .how you like it there? Very tight streets in the area.

I know a guy who's nephew was in training from the 5025 list and quit because he was getting similar hours like you have. He had a connection at Pioneer school bus and went there instead. Can you imagine? Why did he even take the BO test? Anyway, I'd love the 1630 shift. You miss school kids and go home to a normal (somewhat) night sleep and have the next day to do what you need to before going back..

I guess these days we take the shift they give us when it comes.

Flex:You must work the Q58 line a lot right? I figure since it

has the highest ridership in Queens no senior driver

would pick that. Or are you on the extra list?

You used to work out of Quill before if I am not mistaken

the commute had to be rough coming into the city, then

having to go crosstown on 42nd St to 11th avenue.

Im currently working PM's usually Report at 1630ish .how you like it there? Very tight streets in the area.

While I was talking my CDL lessons on a school bus I had to get

backed up once while making a left on Troutman St coming from Woodward Ave.

There was a snapple truck double parked near the corner making a delivery to a deli.

sjdmt: I read on here that you are better off telling the

instructor that you don't think you can complete the turn

which is better then jumping the curb, etc. Sounds like

you are getting the hang of it, you can only get better.:tup:

sjdmt: I read on here that you are better off telling the

instructor that you don't think you can complete the turn

which is better then jumping the curb, etc. Sounds like

you are getting the hang of it, you can only get better.:tup:

that would be correct as long as it is not on your evaluation day. If you feel you can't do it, don't do it. But if you can't do it on day 7, you will fail and be sent on to day 8 & day 9.

yes we had some old railroad tracks near zerega they used also another one when we drove to queens they show you the first time.remember them they wont tell you again!!.do not drive over them you will fail that day.you must stop at any railroad crossings active.but the one they used was in zerega was not used its inactive they used it to teach you .in queens its active.near metropolitan ave.i see drivers still to this day dont stop but if you have a dot inspector there and you are on the job and you get a ticket i guess you know the rest what is going happen.stop at all railroad crossing its the law.

I dont work the Q58 put it is a pleasure if everyone doing there work.i Prefer the Q54 or Q55 but unable to get them due to seniority. When working the Q lines you don't deal with the riff, raff of the farebox. Yo man i don't have the fare or I had a transfer on there man. The Q58 usually one of the first lines to close up when picking. Now with Quill, I love Quill i would drive to work cause they have indoor parking so the commute not bad but i would take the train which was ok. The walk from 8ave to 11 Ave was a breath of fresh air, whenever i get a chance to walk I do. Don't want to be on a bus any longer then i have too none the less when it packed like sardines on the M42. The only reason i work at the Pond is i'm one town over( Middle Village to Ridgewood) If Quill was not so far i would be working there.

Archived