D Line Construction?

Amtrak

umm.. How can they do construction on the entire (D) line? They are doing some stops in Brooklyn, i forgot which ones. 71st Ave? Manhattan and the Bronx No.

(MTA) is dealing with the stations that need rehab.

This weekend, there is a GO on Fourth Avenue (Brooklyn) which will have the (D) running local from DeKalb Avenue to 36th Street in both directions Friday 11:00pm to Monday 5:00am. That sounds like Bronx-bound and uptown and Brooklyn-bound and downtown.

Does anyone know if they are going to do any construction work on the D Line from Bronx to Brooklyn bound downtown and uptown trains. :confused:

Though the Bronx section of the (D) has no reconstruction plans as of recently. The only section that is getting rehabed is the Brooklyn-West End Elevated section, and that would be till April 2012. During this time the (D), and the (N) will run either on the Sea Beach or the West End Lines.

For those that don't know... From what I read the MTA is not paying for the West End Rehab. It's American Recovery Act and DOT: Tiger Project are paying.

They are paying cause of the structure problems. Now with 4th Avenue, there doing work on the switches between DeKalb and Atlantic.

They seem to be tearing down the stairs at the 60th st exit.

They're replacing them as I speak They should be back between April and May. But I still wonder how they're gonna do the 62nd Street exit since that staircase also leads to a transfer-point to the (N) downstairs.

They're replacing them as I speak They should be back between April and May. But I still wonder how they're gonna do the 62nd Street exit since that staircase also leads to a transfer-point to the (N) downstairs.

1. As you type, you mean.

2. Probably with a temporary one?:confused:

As mentioned, the entire West End portion of the D is being rebuilt right now. So far, 9 Av n/b and 20 Av on the southbound platform has really progressed and some of the old aluminum walls have been removed from some platforms.

On the Bronx end, 205 St needs a total makeover as soon as possible, seriously.

Archived