Worst Case Senerio!

NYCTNostalgia

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a couple. so here they are:

if god forbid the Manhattan Bridge was to ever collapse or suffer an explosion, i would have to do the following changes:

(:P(D):

(;) trains operate between Coney Island and 57 St/7 Av via 4 Av-West End Local/Lower Manhattan, and Broadway Express. Rush Hour trains are extended to and from Astoria-Ditmars Blvd. All trains skip 49 St.

(D) trains operate between Coney Island/Kings Hwy and 205 St, making all local stops via the Culver (F) line/6 Av/Central Park West daily. Late Night trains run between 205 St and Church/Mc.Donald Avs.

(N)(Q)(R):

(N) trains operate between 95 St-Bay Ridge OR Coney Island and Ditmars Blvd, making all local stops via 4 Av-Sea Beach/Lower Manhattan/Broadway/Astoria at all times. Note: (N) Trains to Bay ridge will be marked "Bay Ridge". Trains to Coney Island will be marked "Coney Island".

(Q) trains operate between Coney Island and Forest Hills-71 Av making all local stops via Brighton/Lower Manhattan/Broadway/Queens Blvd at all times, with some Rush Hour <Q> trains running via Brighton Express.

(R) service will be suspended and is replaced by the (N) between Lex Av-59 St and Bay Ridge-95 St, and the (Q) between DeKalb Av and Forest Hills. Note: Weekend (G) service will be extended between Court Sq and Forest Hills during this time to replace the loss of (R) service.

There is NO subway service running over the Manhattan Bridge.

(F)(M) service remains unchanged.

If i wouldve kept the (R) running, i would clog up the Montague St tunnel with the (B)(N)(Q)(R) trains all running thru there. Suspending (R) service was the least i could do in order to prevent from having too many trains running on one track.

Due to Long Term Construction between 36 St, Queens and 21 St-Queensbridge, service changes are as follows:

(F) trains run via the (E) line between Roosevelt Av and Rockefeller Center and is replaced by the (Q) via 63 St at all times.

(M) trains operate between Metropolitan Av and 57 St-6 Av Station, daily. Late Night (M) service remains unchanged, and the 57 St-6 Av Station is closed from 11PM to 5:30AM. (Use the nearby 57 St/7 Av (N)(Q)(R), or 7 Av/53 St (:P(D)(E) instead.)

(Q) trains operate between Coney Island, Brooklyn and 21 St-Queensbridge, Queens at all times, replacing the (F) at Lexington Av-63 St, Roosevelt Island and 21 St-Queensbridge.

The (E)(M)(R) remains unchanged.

Guest lance25
[first scenario]

In my opinion, there's a much easier way to handle this.

• (:P/(D) truncated to 34 St-Herald Sq; (D) runs in two sections (from 205 to 34 Sts/Pacific St to Stillwell Av)

• (N)/® via Broadway Local, Whitehall, 4th Ave Local

• (Q) via Broadway Express, Whitehall, Brighton Local

[second scenario]

I would also send the (G) to Forest Hills to replace the (M).

Once again, like IRT Bx Exp & R160 said, please don't post the answers to your own scenarios. It defeats the purpose of having others think of how they'd move the trains around in the situation you posted.

I might as well handle the rest... so thanks for those who understood R160 and Lance. Hopefully, this will end several answering their own scenarios.

Scenario:

There are signal problems at the IND 125 Street in both directions, and all trains in that station are stalled. In addition, there is a police investigation at the IND 59 Street - Columbus Circle for the downtown side. What would you do?

Scenario:

There are signal problems at the IND 125 Street in both directions, and all trains in that station are stalled. In addition, there is a police investigation at the IND 59 Street - Columbus Circle for the downtown side. What would you do?

I would do this:

(A) No Trains running between 207th St-Broadway and 34th St-Penn Station

Trains run local between 34th St-Penn Station and the Rockaways/Lefferts Blvd

(:( Suspended

(C) Suspended

(D) Trains run 2 sections:

Between Norwood-205th St to 167th St and 34th St-Herald Sq to Coney Island

Due to car and bus chain crash at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, following subways and buses are affected.

(4)(5): Train skip Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall in both directions.

(6): Terminate/Originate at Bowling Green. Trains skip Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Subway:

(J): Service suspended between Broadway Junction & Broad St.

(M): Train run in 2 sections.

1. Between Forest Hills-71st Av & Lower East Side-2nd Av.

2. Between Essex St & Metropolitan Av.

(Z): Service suspended.

Buses:

BM1/BM2/M3/M4 Downtown Manhattan Area

Downtown Bus:

Downtown-bound: Turn left at Church St, turn right at Worth St, around Chatham Square, onto St. James Pl, regular route.

Brooklyn-bound: Stay on Church St to Worth St, turn right at Worth St, around Chatham Square, onto St. James Pl, regular route.

Downtown Midtwon

Downtown Bus:

57th St-bound: Turn left at Church St, turn right at Worth St, around Chatham Square, onto St. James Pl, regular route.

M9:

City Hall-bound: Turn right at Worth St, turn left at Lafayette St, turn right at Chambers St, turn left at Broadway, turn right at Battery Place, ends at Little West St.

VA Hospital-bound: Turn right at Little West St, turn left at 1st Place, turn left at Battery Pl, turn left at Greenwich St, onto Trinity Pl, onto Church St, turn right at Worth St, regular route at Chatham Square.

M22:

FDR Drive-bound: Turn right at Broadway, onto State St, onto Water St, onto Pearl St, regular route at St. James Pl.

QM7/QM8/QM11/QM25/X8:

Manhattan-bound: Turn left at Park Place, around Catham Square, onto St. James Pl, ends at Frankfort St M15 Local stop.

Brooklyn/Staten Island-bound: Turn left at Park Place, around Catham Square, onto St. James Pl,

In my opinion, there's a much easier way to handle this.

• (:(/(D) truncated to 34 St-Herald Sq; (D) runs in two sections (from 205 to 34 Sts/Pacific St to Stillwell Av)

• (N)/® via Broadway Local, Whitehall, 4th Ave Local

• (Q) via Broadway Express, Whitehall, Brighton Local

I would also send the (G) to Forest Hills to replace the (M).

i did it like that so that West End Customers can have direct service to/from Manhattan, and the (N) in Brooklyn can run like the (A) in Queens, with 2 branches. ((A) Rockaway Branch/(A) Ozone Pk Branch), The (N) would be the same ((N) Sea Beach Branch/(N) Bay Ridge Branch). So the tunnel would be used by the (B)(N)(Q), and the (R) would be replaced by the (N) in Brooklyn and Manhattan, and the (Q) in Manhattan and Queens.

The (D) can run as skip-stop service with the (F) during Rush Hours, but make all local stops other times via Culver/6 Av Local/CPW Local due to the loss of 6 Av/CPW (B) service. ((The (C) isnt a grate help by itself, lol).

As for the (B) via Brighton, the <Q> can run during rush hrs only.

i wouldnt wanna run shuttles because remember, this is also during rush hours.

(2) Service between 241 St and South Ferry via Local.

(3) Service between 148 St and 14 St via Express.

(4) Service between Woodlawn and B.G.

<5> Service between 238 St or Dyre Av and B.G.

(:( Service between Bedford Pk Blvd and 34 St rush hours only.

(D) Service between 205 St and 34 St and 36 St and C.I.

(N) Servce between Astoria and Whitehall St and 36 St and C.I.

(Q) Service between Prospect Park and C.I.

(R) No Service. For Manhattan and Queens service, use (E)(F)(M) or (N) trains. Shuttle buses run b/t Pacific St and Bay Ridge.

(S) Service between Eastern Parkway (IRT) to New Lots Av or Flatbush Av.

For all other stations that are closed, use Shuttle Buses.

LIRR-No Brooklyn Service.

Due to disable train at Marble Hill-225th St on Hudson Line and (1) train, following service is affected.

Subway:

(1): No train service between 242nd & 168th Sts.

Free shuttle buses provided for St. Nicholas Av and Broadway Shuttle Bus.

Metro-North:

Hudson Line: No train service between Croton-Harmon and Grand Central.

During this time, free shuttle bus being provided by MTA and Bee-Line Buses between Croton-Harmon and Marble Hills-225th St.

In addition, Bee-Line #11 bus is running in both direction between Croton-Harmon and White Plains.

Until further notice, Bee-Line Buses serving Hudson Line operate overtime.

Buses:

Bx7/M100: Slow speed.

Broadway Shuttle Bus: Slow speed.

5 train is the best:cool:

I do not like green eggs and spam; I do not like them, R160 I am.

Due to disable train at Marble Hill-225th St on Hudson Line and (1) train, following service is affected.

Subway:

(1): No train service between 242nd & 168th Sts.

Free shuttle buses provided for St. Nicholas Av and Broadway Shuttle Bus.

Metro-North:

Hudson Line: No train service between Croton-Harmon and Grand Central.

During this time, free shuttle bus being provided by MTA and Bee-Line Buses between Croton-Harmon and Marble Hills-225th St.

In addition, Bee-Line #11 bus is running in both direction between Croton-Harmon and White Plains.

Until further notice, Bee-Line Buses serving Hudson Line operate overtime.

Buses:

Bx7/M100: Slow speed.

Broadway Shuttle Bus: Slow speed.

Um, have you not read the countless posts that say "Do not fix your own scenarios?"

smh...this literacy rate on this site sometimes.......:tdown:

Due to fire activity at Port Authority Bus Terminal, all bus services including long-distance buses are affected.

(NJT, DeCamp, Lakeland): All buses diverted to George Washington Bridge Bus Station. NYCT (A), (7), M5 will cross honor passengers.

Academy Bus and Coach USA: All buses diverted to George Washington Bridge Bus Station.

Woobury Common service will provided at Grand Central Terminal during this time.

Carefree Bus stop at 41st St will be made on 42nd St/5th Av.

Greyhound Bus diverted to Penn Station stop during this time.

Buses:

M16:

Westbound: Turn right at 10th Av, turn right at 44th St, turn right at 9th Av, terminate and layover.

Eastbound: Regular route.

M20:

Southbound: Turn right at 49th St, turn left at 9th Av, turn left at 34th St, turn right at 7th Av, regular route.

M42:

Eastbound: Turn right at 9th Av, turn left at 34th St, turn left at 6th Av, turn right at 42nd St, regular route,

Westbound: Turn right at 6th Av, turn left at 49th St, turn left at 9th Av, turn right at 42nd St, regular route.

M104:

Southbound: Turn left at 42nd St, ends at Broadway.

Northbound: Pickup at 42nd St/Broadway, turn left at 6th Av, turn left at 45th St, turn right at 8th Av, regular route.

QM24 8th Av: Rerouted to 6th Av QM12 service.

Subway: Following service affected.

(1)(2)(3)(N)(Q)(R): Trains skip Times Sq-42nd St in both directions with slow spped.

(A)(C)(E): Train runs with slow speed and skip 42nd St-PABT in both directions.

42nd St Shuttle suspended.

No (7) service between Grand Central and Times Sq.

Here's what I have so far...

(1)

To Manhattan:

Van Cortland Park-242 St to City College-137 St via Local

City College-137 St to 96 St via Express (Terminate on Tracks 3 and 4 at 96 St)

Trains that run on Track 4: 96 St to 66 St via Local

To The Bronx:

66 St to 96 St via Express (if train runs on Track 4 at 96 St. Otherwise, see below)

96 St to Van Cortland Park-242 St via Local

(2)

Wakefield-241 St to 96 St via Local

Terminate on Track 1 at 96 St

AND

Wall St to Brooklyn College-Flatbush Av via Local

(3)

Harlem-148 St to 96 St via Local

Terminate on Track 2 at 96 St

AND

Atlantic Av to New Lots Av via Local

(4)

Woodlawn to 86 St via Lexington Express

(Select (4) trains run via Lexington Local)

AND

Brooklyn Bridge to Utica Av via Local

(5)

Eastchester-Dyre Av to E180 St via Local

(6)

Pelham Bay Park to 86 St via Local

(7)

Flushing-Main St to Queensboro Plaza via Express/Local

No express service between Queensboro Plaza and 61 St-Woodside

(A)

Inwood-207 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle via Central Park West Express

AND

West 4 St to Lefferts Blvd/Far Rockaway via Fulton St Express

(;)

Service suspended in both directions

(C)

Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts to Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St via Fulton St Local

(D)

Norwood-205 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle via Central Park West Local

AND

West 4 St to Coney Island via West End Local

(E)

Jamaica Center to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center via Queens Blvd Express/via 53 St

(Terminate on Tracks B4 and B2 at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center)

AND

Canal St to World Trade Center via 8 Av Local

(F)

Jamaica-179 St to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center via Queens Blvd Express/via 63 St

(Terminate on Tracks B3 and B1 at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center)

AND

Delancey-Essex Sts to Coney Island via Culver Express

(M)

Middle Village-Metropolitan Av to Myrtle Av via Myrtle Av Local

(G)

Forest Hills-71 Av to Kings Highway via Queens Blvd Local/via Crosstown Local/via Culver Local

(Runs 8 cars)

(J)(Z)

Normal Service

(L)

Normal Service

(N)

Astoria-Ditmars Blvd to Queensboro Plaza

AND

Canal St to Coney Island via Manhattan Bridge/via Sea Beach Local

(Q)

Prospect Park to Coney Island via Brighton Beach Local

(R)

Forest Hills-71 Av to 57 St-7 Av via Queens Blvd Local/via 63 St

AND

36 St to Bay Ridge-95 St

Both the Clark Street Tunnel and the Joralemon Street tunnel rupture, allowing the East River to flow in while the third rail fractures and shorts out insiide the Cranberry Street Tunnel.

Affected subway lines are the (2)(3)(4)(5)(A)(C) between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

What would you do, please?

Ignoring the fact that the (A)(C) and the IRT are not connected...

(2) No service from Chambers Street to Atlantic Avenue

(3) No service from 34 Street to New Lots Avenue

(4) No service from Bowling Green to Atlantic Avenue. Runs via local to New Lots.

(5) No service from Bowling Green to Flatbush Avenue. Some trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

(A) No service from Chambers Street ((A)(C) platform) to Jay Street. Runs local in Brooklyn. Selected trains operate to/from World Trade Center ((E) platform).

(C) No service from World Trade Center ((E) platform) to Euclid Avenue.

Archived