The brutal Winter of 2011 that has hit NYC Metro area?

Shortline Bus

Up here in Dutchess County going to near zero tonight. Sunday morning 1/23/11 to at or near zero. Then the party goes full blast on Monday Morning 1/24/11 with temps in Poughkeepsie going down to minus 10 degrees.

Some places further north toward Plattsburgh NY and Vermont maybe 20 below.

I am thinking let get through the frigid blast first before the possible next snowstorm.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Jets Fans: Pittsburgh is forcast to see A.M. snow showers, a high of 18 degrees and a low of 3 degrees. Wind WNW at 10 mph. Game time 6:30pm.

Friendship (Allegany County) is cloudy and 10 degrees. The forcast is for snow and a low of -7 degrees tomorrow night. The high tomorrow 7 degrees.

Amsterdam (Montgomery County) is partly cloudy and even colder: - 2 degrees. The forcast is for flurries and a low of -13 degrees.

New York City is partly cloudy and 22 degrees. There is a forcast low of + 7 degrees tomorrow and if it does fall to 7 degrees, Monday is forcast to be a high of 18 degrees.

For Jets Fans: Pittsburgh is forcast to see A.M. snow showers, a high of 18 degrees and a low of 3 degrees. Wind WNW at 10 mph. Game time 6:30pm.

Friendship (Allegany County) is cloudy and 10 degrees. The forcast is for snow and a low of -7 degrees tomorrow night. The high tomorrow 7 degrees.

Amsterdam (Montgomery County) is partly cloudy and even colder: - 2 degrees. The forcast is for flurries and a low of -13 degrees.

New York City is partly cloudy and 22 degrees. There is a forcast low of + 7 degrees tomorrow and if it does fall to 7 degrees, Monday is forcast to be a high of 18 degrees.

Even with the frigid temps, tickets even with scaplers woops* cough* 'ticket brokers' has been hard to find in both Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Well did anyone go out today?

I disagree. In the summer I can go swimming, railfanning, or play softball. In the winter I get sick and stay home and watch DVD's.

Being fair, 100-degree plus temps especially in NYC and the other big east coast cities can be as bad as frigid temps with the humid conditions. You can get sick from the heat as well.

FG I think Miami would be a great fit for you. Nice weather year round to go fishing, swimming or play softball. Not to mention great looking ladies in "South Beach.'(joking):cool:

Being fair, 100-degree plus temps especially in NYC and the other big east coast cities can be as bad as frigid temps with the humid conditions. You can get sick from the heat as well.

FG I think Miami would be a great fit for you. Nice weather year round to go fishing, swimming or play softball. Not to mention great looking ladies in "South Beach.'(joking):cool:

It's the humidity that's a killer. Me and heat & humidity just doesn't go well. :tdown:

If anyone cares the temps (not wind chill) for Central Park tonight/Monday Morning (1/24/11) is predicted anywhere from 5 to zero in worst case scenrio.

Here in Dutchess County they revised the temps. We going down to balmy minus 15(15 degrees below zero) baby:eek:

And did I forget at least 2-3 inches is predicted for a probably snowstorm/wintry mix in the city on Tuesday Night/Wed. 1-26-11 as well.

http://www.weather.com

As i stated before the ideal place for weather in the world are places like Fiji and even closer to home Bermunda.:tup::cool:

Florence suffers a lot from humidity with the Arno river, so I had these really neat remote control heater/coolers thingys in my living room and bedroom. I could control the climate from the bed... :cool:

I think Sicily is great weather wise. It can be a bit hot (about 30 - 40 C) in the summertime, but it's usually a dry heat. I went down to Palermo around May when I was there and it was a bit hot, but nice in the shade. :cool:

As i stated before the ideal place for weather in the world are places like Fiji and even closer to home Bermunda.:tup::cool:

Australia is perfect year round as well.

I don't like any extreme temps, whether cold or hot. But if I had to choose one over the other, it would most likely be the cold.

I'd take any Heat Wave over this cold that's going on, you could send me to Death Valley with going outside being a requirement and I'd take that over the dumb cold. This weather is really testing my patience. Eff Old Man Winter's Life right now. :tdown:

I'll never find 0-30 degrees remotely comfortable, I need at least 60 to be sane lol. My ideal is 85+. The highest temp (heat index) I felt was in the low 120's and I'd take that over 60.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Bring on the heat. I hate the snow with a passion

I'd take any Heat Wave over this cold that's going on, you could send me to Death Valley with going outside being a requirement and I'd take that over the dumb cold. This weather is really testing my patience. Eff Old Man Winter's Life right now. :tdown:

For all that eff his couch ;):P

I'll never find 0-30 degrees remotely comfortable, I need at least 60 to be sane lol. My ideal is 85+. The highest temp (heat index) I felt was in the low 120's and I'd take that over 60.

My sane level is 50-90 degrees, and anything above & below that, I get very hostile (something like the Soup Nazi lol).

At 10:50am, the temperature in Cold Spring (Putnam County) is 3 degrees and it is sunny. The real feel is 6 degrees.

Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County) is 2 degrees and sunny. The real feel is -8 degrees.

Center Moriches (Suffolk County) is 11 degrees and sunny. The real feel is 1 degree.

Newton (Sussex County) is 9 degrees and sunny. The real feel is 10 degrees.

Richmond, Virginia is 23 degrees and it is cloudy. The real feel is 33 degrees.

Charlotte, North Carolina is 32 degrees and it is cloudy. The real feel is 28 degrees.

Charleston, South Carolina is 47 degrees and it is partly sunny. The real feel is 49 degrees.

Tallahassee, Florida is 53 degrees and sunny. The real feel is 57 degrees.

At 10:50am, the temperature in Cold Spring (Putnam County) is 3 degrees and it is sunny. The real feel is 6 degrees.

Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County) is 2 degrees and sunny. The real feel is -8 degrees.

Center Moriches (Suffolk County) is 11 degrees and sunny. The real feel is 1 degree.

Charlotte, North Carolina is 32 degrees and it is cloudy. The real feel is 28 degrees.

Charleston, South Carolina is 47 degrees and it is partly sunny. The real feel is 49 degrees.

I always sweat a little as I did this morning walking to the express bus. My Canadian parka is like an oven, so I have to walk with it slightly open.

Don't forget changing gears there was snow and below freezing on the North and South Carolina coastal beach areas. Mytrle Beach went down to the low 30's this morning 1/24/11 and the NC Coast from Wilimington-Jacksonville, NC had close to an inch of snow.

Closer to home Albany went down to about minus 18 degrees and parts of Vermont-Maine 20 below zero.:P

Just saw the updated forecast. This storm will bring a wintry mix with only at most 2-4 inches of snow before it turns to ice and sleet/rain starting Wed. Night.

So most of the Metro area will be spared another blizzard. However if you north of Hartford towards Boston, it might a different story. Downtown Boston could get as much as 8-10 inches of snow with no change over. Another cold frigid wave is coming for the weekend.

Just saw the updated forecast. This storm will bring a wintry mix with only at most 2-4 inches of snow before it turns to ice and sleet/rain starting Wed. Night.

So most of the Metro area will be spared another blizzard. However if you north of Hartford towards Boston, it might a different story. Downtown Boston could get as much as 8-10 inches of snow with no change over. Another cold frigid wave is coming for the weekend.

Correction sorry my bad:o. NYC may now get 6-10 inches of snow from this next north'easter. My neck of the woods here in Hudson Valley may only get 2-4 inches.

Archived