Awesome C/R on the (N) tonight

R160

I picked up the (N) at 59 St-Lex this evening. It was an R68 which is always fun to ride. We get to QBP and the C/R goes

"This is Queennnnnnnnnns Boro Plaza." People start laughing throughout the car.

Then 36th. "This is Washington Av, like our first president."

Then we get to 30th and he goes: "This is 30th Av, Grand Av. 30 Grand. I'll take it all in 100's."

People were complimenting him when they got off and a bunch of people were on their phone talking to someone about how cool this guy was.

I picked up the (N) at 59 St-Lex this evening. It was an R68 which is always fun to ride. We get to QBP and the C/R goes...

I once saw on the (R) a Conductor move his arms around in a funny way, And he had sunglasses on :cool:

I've often wondered if conductors on NTTs have the option of shutting off the recorded messages. Can they make manual announcements if they choose to? There are some really good conductors who make outstanding announcements out there!

I've often wondered if conductors on NTTs have the option of shutting off the recorded messages. Can they make manual announcements if they choose to? There are some really good conductors who make outstanding announcements out there!

They can turn off the recorded messages any time they want to.

I picked up the (N) at 59 St-Lex this evening. It was an R68 which is always fun to ride. We get to QBP and the C/R goes

"This is Queennnnnnnnnns Boro Plaza." People start laughing throughout the car.

Then 36th. "This is Washington Av, like our first president."

Then we get to 30th and he goes: "This is 30th Av, Grand Av. 30 Grand. I'll take it all in 100's."

People were complimenting him when they got off and a bunch of people were on their phone talking to someone about how cool this guy was.

That C/R is begging for trouble, the TA doesn't look kindly upon comedians.

Not really. There are certain situations where a C/R can make manual announcements over the automated ones but they just can't turn off the auto announcements for no reason.

On topic, yes it is refreshing when there is enthusiasm in manual announcements but Zman is right. The TA prefers the announcements to be cut & dry and again, having a little joy shouldn't be a issue but crews should just be mindful of their performance.

They can shut off those NTT annoucements if they wanted to, but most of them don't unless if they are willing to change the programming to find the correct annoucements.

This is how misinformation start on here and becomes fact later on. None of that is true, the NTT's automated announcements are only supposed to be turned off (with the FIND) when they're not functioning correctly or when they're displaying incorrect information, such as a GO or something not supported in the system. Just a friendly word of advice in case any of you are hoping to get hired as C/Rs or T/Os, there is a rulebook and bulletins explaining all of that. Since most new employees will work with more NTTs than anything else, I suggest you follow those guidelines and not cause unnecessary trouble for something as silly as fooling with the automated announcements.

This is how misinformation start on here and becomes fact later on. None of that is true, the NTT's automated announcements are only supposed to be turned off (with the FIND) when they're not functioning correctly or when they're displaying incorrect information, such as a GO or something not supported in the system. Just a friendly word of advice in case any of you are hoping to get hired as C/Rs or T/Os, there is a rulebook and bulletins explaining all of that. Since most new employees will work with more NTTs than anything else, I suggest you follow those guidelines and not cause unnecessary trouble for something as silly as fooling with the automated announcements.

Some already cut off some of the station announcements, especially on the 6.

Removed the car number from the post. That's just helping the MTA to finding out the C/R and possibly reprimanding him. As has been stated by Zman and others. C/Rs are supposed to stick to the script when doing announcements. You can disable and do manual announcements on NTTs but every time the C/R does so, a "bing" sounds off before the PA turns on which is rather irritating on the T/O.

Archived