From Staten Island, Now In San Francisco

Anthony Brancato

... but I do come back for two weeks every year, usually late April-early May.

I'm 52 years old, from Staten Island originally, moved to San Francisco in 1991.

Everything you always wanted to know about public transit on Staten Island, but were afraid to ask, can be answered, now that I've arrived on the scene! :(

I'm 52 years old, from Staten Island originally, moved to San Francisco in 1991.

Everything you always wanted to know about public transit on Staten Island, but were afraid to ask, can be answered, now that I've arrived on the scene! :P

Anthony, how are you? I grew up in Eltingville and I moved to Illinois when I was 15 (Back in 1986.) I missed the people, good food (like Ronzoni, 4C bread crums, Wise Potato Chips, Chinese Food, Silician Pizza, Zeps etc.) and the sports teams. I know how you feel being away from it all. But, there are 2 things I know you don't miss. The 22 inches of snow we had and the people who can't drive. I moved back in 2000, because I missed Staten Island. I'll deal with the lousey drivers and the snow. It is funny, when I came back in 2000, they renumbered all the buses and got rid of the old fishbowl ones. I do miss them.

Anthony, how are you? I grew up in Eltingville and I moved to Illinois when I was 15 (Back in 1986.) I missed the people, good food (like Ronzoni, 4C bread crums, Wise Potato Chips, Chinese Food, Silician Pizza, Zeps etc.) and the sports teams. I know how you feel being away from it all. But, there are 2 things I know you don't miss. The 22 inches of snow we had and the people who can't drive. I moved back in 2000, because I missed Staten Island. I'll deal with the lousey drivers and the snow. It is funny, when I came back in 2000, they renumbered all the buses and got rid of the old fishbowl ones. I do miss them.

they retired the fishbowls in 1995 because there was one on the highway from staten island go into manhatten on the express route the axle broke and went through the bus and injured a passeneger the shock also went through the bus

Everything you always wanted to know about public transit on Staten Island, but were afraid to ask, can be answered, now that I've arrived on the scene! :(

:cool:

Welcome aboard:tup:

What's the BART & cable cars like?

What are the ferries & buses like?

The Golden Gate's beautiful I hear. Is it like a prettier Verrazano live? Golden Gate has sidewalks yes? I wish the Verrazano did.

• 1 month later...

Archived