MTA: Long Island Bus faces deepest cuts

Amtrak7

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get it fool DUDE I HAVENT SHOT DOWN UR PLANS ANYWAY!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW THEM FIRST!!!!!!!!!! I have given up on long island anyway My remaining plans for NYC and such would be a little better though. I havent displayed my full plan so you wont know till I mention it.

Hold on. I didnt even say my plans in this and your going to assume that my plans are based on some shit that you dont even know about?Look kid, you want your binky? your baby blanky? your bottle? Seriously, if I'm going to have a conversation with a child, I might as well just leave you alone to your Dora The Explorer cartoons. Grow the **** up and put on your big boy undies. Most of your posts make little to no sense so your scenario is basically the pot calling the kettle black. Just sit down like a good boy, shut the **** up and read this.

For one, it DOES make sense because the MTA DOES NOT WANT to add service to Long Island UNLESS they pay their dues. What the hell does the BQE have to do with our discussion? Really?

We're talking about Long Island and the hot mess of plans you even created which everyone shot down since you started coming into this thread. Yes we know that Long Island is facing issues but you dont seem to get that the MTA does not want to add service over there, your plan is to screw US over and help THEM out. By adding service to Long Island, we'd have to pay MORE TAXES so they can get a free ride on OUR MONEY! You are so simple minded that it makes me laugh.

Also, with that disaster of an Express Bus idea, how are you going to get the unions to go through with the plan? How exactly are you going to coordinate the runs? How exactly are you going to help PAY for this type of merged service? How are you going to pay the OPERATORS who are in DIFFERENT UNIONS extra for doing multiple routes? Your play has no merit and it would fall straight into the drain pipe of hell. There is more to this than to just have operators work on one line to another, it takes A LOT of WORK and MONEY to get it established. You make it sound like we can just do it and bam, it'll happen. NEWSFLASH KID, it's NOT that easy, there is more to it than it meets the eye!

Quite frankly out of everyone who contributed to this thread, you are by the THE WORST person in this thread who has contributed such dumb ideas without much thought. You're simple minded ideas with no support would never see the light of day at MTA HQ. I'm just telling it like it is.

Before you start coming out with your moronic pipe dream plans, think before you post. That is the #1 rule on here before you even create a post so I advise you to take that very seriously....

We get it fool DUDE I HAVENT SHOT DOWN UR PLANS ANYWAY!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW THEM FIRST!!!!!!!!!! I have given up on long island anyway My remaining plans for NYC and such would be a little better though. I havent displayed my full plan so you wont know till I mention it.

Excuse me, but who are you calling a fool? I advise you to calm ya nerves, sit down and learn to use the multi-quote feature instead of replying to posts 8 million times...and idk who's "We" in this discussion, pal....

Round of applause....best post ever!

Also, with that disaster of an Express Bus idea, how are you going to get the unions to go through with the plan? How exactly are you going to coordinate the runs? How exactly are you going to help PAY for this type of merged service? How are you going to pay the OPERATORS who are in DIFFERENT UNIONS extra for doing multiple routes? Your play has no merit and it would fall straight into the drain pipe of hell. There is more to this than to just have operators work on one line to another, it takes A LOT of WORK and MONEY to get it established. You make it sound like we can just do it and bam, it'll happen. NEWSFLASH KID, it's NOT that easy, there is more to it than it meets the eye!

I AM NOT THAT STUPID I ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AND THE DETAILS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH EM WONT BE IN THIS THREAD I ALREADY TYPED IT BUT I WONT SHOW IT TO THE LIKES OF U. However I would like to know about ur plan though. So I can compare it to the network.

I AM NOT THAT STUPID I ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AND THE DETAILS ON HOW TO DEAL WITH EM WONT BE IN THIS THREAD I ALREADY TYPED IT BUT I WONT SHOW IT TO THE LIKES OF U. However I would like to know about ur plan though. So I can compare it to the network.

OMFG.....will give it a rest already....jeez. You sound like a nagging housewife. And newflash I'm no one's "kid".....I'm a grown ass man don't talk to me like I'm one of your homies from the block....watch how you talk to me I'm far from a child. Where in my post did I mention about unions? LEARN TO READ buddy. You still posting hearsay.....I'm so over you and your foolish. Its past your bedtime.....you have a good night and maybe you be more creative meaning post an actual fact instead of speculations!

Why did you use my post to reply to him......?

Excuse me, but who are you calling a fool? I advise you to calm ya nerves, sit down and learn to use the multi-quote feature instead of replying to posts 8 million times...and idk who's "We" in this discussion, pal....

whatever I am just curious what is your proposal I am studying several transit systems at once so the MTA was the smallest proposal on my list. The NYC area has little to change except in terms of efficiency the only reason for the LI plan was to better coordinate with LONG-DISTANCE COMMUTERS. Regional travellers in NYC and nassau whose origins and destinations are not easily served by the LIRR. The other one the opposition was expected cause I didint outline all the operators and the checks and balances associated as a result it looked more stupid that it really is but its really a double edged sword u were right on one count it could fail BUT ONLY IF DONE INCORRECTLY. It must be done and implemented in a certain way in order to work I wouldn't come up with a plan without addressing all the potential problems first I already know about the union issues. but there is a method that can get around that. You are only playing into my hand by bringing up what I know

omfg.....will give it a rest already....jeez. You sound like a nagging housewife. And newflash i'm no one's "kid".....i'm a grown ass man don't talk to me like i'm one of your homies from the block....watch how you talk to me i'm far from a child. Where in my post did i mention about unions? Learn to read buddy. You still posting hearsay.....i'm so over you and your foolish. Its past your bedtime.....you have a good night and maybe you be more creative meaning post an actual fact instead of speculations!

sorry man i quoted ya by accident

Now, I have 126 signatures.

Did you get signatures from LIRR customers?? They would love to be informed. Several of em actually would welcome a bus or even flex zone network for the more rural parts I actually figured that intracounty express service via sunrise and seaford oysterbay can force buses back into revenue service fast as it brings em to N70 and N78/79 indirectly. I will speak at the hearing and submit a typed proposal the rescue one but thats part 1 part 2 is more advanced and harder to explain here.

I cannot afford to ride LIRR too much.

I mostly commute on Long Island Bus.

I'm going to use LIB to public hearing, then take bus or shuttle bus to LIRR Train.

That LIRR crowd will give you the biggest IMPACT BITE THE COST AAND GIVE IT A SHOT!!!!! I will be away for the weekend so I can't help sorry bus I did give suggestions!!!! those privates will not work for 2 million!!!!! I know how they roll especially with jersey transit Ive been where the veolas were

Is NYC Subway likes (A) Far Rockaway, (E)(J)(Z) Jamaica Center, (F) Jamaica good, too?

Those are fed by LIB rtes NOT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK!!!! The subway would Not be anywhere near as efficient at all cause the ppl on the subway wouldn't care. But if you educate the LIRR crowd about how extensive LIB really is you would get A MUCH STRONGER RESPONSE. Use the babylon and huntington lines the best stations are hicksville, wantagh, massepequa and bellmore which WILL GET HIT HARD BY THE CUTS!!!!!! The subway crowd is less likely to use N55/54,74/73,80 and ect especially the 46 and 50 and 45!!!! Try mineola nassau colisium and the community college and hosfra university as well. Throw in the race card too to get em real pissed about the cuts!!!!

Should I target bus stops at New York Institute of Technology, SUNY at Old Westbury, CW Post, Walt Whitman Mall, Nassau Community College, Mercy College, Green Acres Mall also, well by hospitals?

I might plan to go by Sacred Heart Academy by the discontinue N65/N66 bus stop, and Holy Trinity School by the discontinue N67 bus stop.

Should I target bus stops at New York Institute of Technology, SUNY at Old Westbury, CW Post, Walt Whitman Mall, Nassau Community College, Mercy College, Green Acres Mall also, well by hospitals?

I might plan to go by Sacred Heart Academy by the discontinue N65/N66 bus stop, and Holy Trinity School by the discontinue N67 bus stop.

Do the LIRR stations I mentioned first plus the 60 series buses did have ridership but were poorly aligned and tried to avoid transfers while duplicating several other buses. What was the demand on them if ya dont mind me asking ?? I am preparing my proposal so you should go for unusual riders first the LIRR will give the greatest impact trust me. then do the rest along the way!!!

Yes, N31/N33 by (A) is on chopping list.

I took N21 who was making announcement about possible service cut/termination of bus service as I went to Great Neck Station. I got lots of signatures.

Next, I got signature from N58 bus return trip, then got signature from N20 Hicksville ride.

Next, I got signature from N80 Sunrise Mall and N54 Hempstead, which B/O and riders were happy.

I also got petition from 2 different N32 bus ride. Then I went by N33 Lane at Far Rockaway Bus Terminal to get signature from N33 bus.

Good greatneck is a good LIRR start as N58 and 57 are on chopping block However I think it may just be merged with N25 instead of complete elimination that was what I think they could do. I also suggest they do that.

Yes, N31/N33 by (A) is on chopping list.

I took N21 who was making announcement about possible service cut/termination of bus service as I went to Great Neck Station. I got lots of signatures.

Next, I got signature from N58 bus return trip, then got signature from N20 Hicksville ride.

Next, I got signature from N80 Sunrise Mall and N54 Hempstead, which B/O and riders were happy.

I also got petition from 2 different N32 bus ride. Then I went by N33 Lane at Far Rockaway Bus Terminal to get signature from N33 bus.

Good greatneck is a good LIRR start as N58 and 57 are on chopping block However I think it may just be merged with N25 instead of complete elimination that was what I think they could do. I also suggest they do that.

O and like I said get signatures from LIRR passengers their signatures hold more power as that is where most nassau residents use transit.

I plan to take Q53 to Broad Channel, (A) to Far Rockaway, N33 to Long Beach, N33 to Far Rockaway, N31/N32 to Lybrook, N4 to Freeport, N19 to Babylon, N19 back to Freeport, LIRR to Wantagh, walk to Massapaqua Station, then then N19 to Sunrise Mall, N71 to Hofra University.

I will do this one.

(7)<7> to 61st St-Woodside.

Q53 LTD to Broad Channel.

(A) to Far Rockaway

N33 to Long Beach

N33 to Far Rockaway

N32 to Hewlett-Woodmere Library

N32 to Lynbrook

N36 to Rockville Cetre

LIRR to Freeport

N19 to Babylon

N19 to Freeport