Can I get some advice?

CHItransitFan88

The Brighton line is good (B)(Q), safe too. Astoria is great, right off the 7. The West end (D) and Culver line are good too (F). Rockaways be careful, I woudlnt venture out to far rockaway unless you are comfortable in high crime areas. Rather transfer for the (S) and go to Rockaway park which is the safer end of the rockaways. The Pelham line (6) is good, the White Plains Rd line again be careful, i was there once and i dont plan on going back unless im with someone who knows the area. The (1) in the bronx is safe, goes thru Riverdale which isnt too bad. I recommend the (J) as well but be careful where you get on and off, it goes thru good areas and bad areas.

The (Q) is a definite as it offers interesting views of its surrounding neighborhoods in Queens and Brooklyn.

The (A) offers very beautiful scenery in the Rockaways. Just make sure to catch the Far Rockaway bound (A), not the Lefferts Blvd bound (A).

Subway maps are free. Just ask the person in the token booth for one.

Enjoy your trip! :cool:

Interesting trip you set up there as the (F) offers a cool view of the rail yard from Neptune Av to Av X.

On CI you can visit the NY Aquarium which is accesible by the (Q) or (F) at the West 8th St - NY Aquarium station. It's open 365 days a year. More info can be found here: nyaquarium.com

Other then that, unless you like having the whole beach to yourself there really isn't anything else to do on CI in March.

I think the itinerary is going to be....

(7) out to Flushing Main St

Food

(7) Back to Queensboro Plaza

(Q) Down to Brighton

(N) To 4av/9th St.

(F) To Midtown

Any thing good to do around CI in march?

How long do you thing this trip will take?

(7): Times Square to Main Street (35 min)

(7): Main Street to Queensboro Plaza (~25 min)

(Q): Queensboro Plaza to Coney Island (68 min)

(F): Coney Island to 4 Av (27 min)

(R): 4 Av to Atlantic (~7 min)

Any train to Midtown (20-35 min, depending on train)

The (N) does not stop at 4 Av/9 St on weekdays.

All of the above suggestions are good. Try planning your trip where you're either at Coney Island or in Astoria right before the sunset. There's some amazing views from right there and you don't even have to leave the station. Another good ride is over the Manhattan Bridge which is between Canal Street and Atlantic Avenue. For Nassau, ride it over the Willamsburg Bridge which is between the Marcy Avenue and Essex-Delancey Street stations. I would also recommend the (1) line from 125th and above.

Here are examples of some suggestions made:

Brighton Line (B)(Q)

_DSC4659.jpg

Coney Island Beach

_DSC4690.jpg

Broadway Line (1) - Marble Hill Station

_DSC4497.jpg

Astoria - Ditmars Blvd (N)(Q)

20110211211919-ac601ce9.jpg

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Dyre Ave Line is nice, but again if you don't feel comfortable going don't go.

The (Q) you can get some nice shots there.

dsc0208qh.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the Dyre Line.

dsc0048p.jpg

I see your from Chicago, so you may not know about which areas are safe, so if you feel out of place in a area, go with your senses.

Interesting trip you set up there as the (F) offers a cool view of the rail yard from Neptune Av to Av X.

On CI you can visit the NY Aquarium which is accesible by the (Q) or (F) at the West 8th St - NY Aquarium station. It's open 365 days a year. More info can be found here: nyaquarium.com

Other then that, unless you like having the whole beach to yourself there really isn't anything else to do on CI in March.

If want to get off in Brighton Beach, you can walk through little Odessa and get back on at Ocean Parkway. However, you would miss the only six track section of the Brighton Line

Archived