12-9 on Queens Blvd

R160

I remember once getting stuck At Main Street-Flushing (7) for 2 hours on a saturday. ALL (7) service was suspended, this was due to a 12-9 At the rear of the Manhattan Bound 82 Street Platform.

When the 1st train went by, I could see the sheet over the body. It was creepy.

A few fridays ago when it was very warm, I was wearing a heavy coat & sweater, I felt a chill from standing where the incident happened :eek:.

How do you know these two 12-9s were suicides?

The one at Union Turnpike was...I have friends and a sister who saw the incident that go to school 2 blocks away from the station. They said he jumped.

Suicide that is the worse thing to do. No one should kill themselves life is too valuable to throw away like it is simple trash. I had experience with suicide. One of my friends lost a brother to suicide a couple years back. He drove onto the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, and jumped, and one of my adult friends that is a therapist had tried to prevent a girl from killing herself over a boy, but it failed, and she killed herself. He parents didn't want her to see the boy.

In fact I had former experience with suicide myself as once, and I am not afraid to admit I was suicidal. I wanted to end my life, and I was depressed, but then my teacher played the class a movie. In the movie for some reason they talked about suicide. One of the main characters in the movie a teacher said "If you kill yourself you would be nothing." "You would end up being nobody, because no one would remember you." "Sure people would come to your funeral, and cry, but over time they would get over it, and no one would come see you or visit your grave." "So would you rather live or kill yourself?". That really change my view, and stopped me from killing myself.

Of course this is a topic about 12-9's sorry for derailing the thread, but I just had to share my experience. Now everyone let's get back on topic.

Alright... I do admit... that at one point I was suicidal. But when Michelle came along she changed everything...

Anyways to get back on topic, was the person killed on the local or express track? also was it Manhattan or Jamaica Bound?

Why does the 12-9 occur so much in the subway?! :mad:

the numbers are going up because the amount of ridership has grown a lot through out the years. now its always more around the holiday season or on the midnight tour on the weekends.

There was a 12-9 at Union Turnpike earlier around 3:15 PM.

(E) and (F) trains ran on the local track at Union Turnpike and then switched back to the express after that. According the the MTA website, service is running with residual delays.

Heard about this. Someone I know was in the middle of the messup.

Alright... I do admit... that at one point I was suicidal. But when Michelle came along she changed everything...

Anyways to get back on topic, was the person killed on the local or express track? also was it Manhattan or Jamaica Bound?

Don't even think of suicide.

If your a Christian, thats the last thing you want to do.

Im glad to say Michelle helped me... My last gf which few people on here know wanted to do bad things which I will not repeat.

Suicide actually I think comes from either stress or depression. I do suffer from depression at times.

Anyways, so It happened on the Manhattan Bound Express track? I was thinking the local track... damn... thats sad. Must have delayed (E) service ;).

If your a Christian, thats the last thing you want to do.

Im glad to say Michelle helped me... My last gf which few people on here know wanted to do bad things which I will not repeat.

Suicide actually I think comes from either stress or depression. I do suffer from depression at times.

Anyways, so It happened on the Manhattan Bound Express track? I was thinking the local track... damn... thats sad. Must have delayed (E) service ;).

I got to Union Turnpike at 3:17PM the day of the 12-9 here are two pixs

1st photo taken 3:26pm

11.jpg

2nd photo taken 3:33pm

I never seen the Mezz so empty during the start of Rush hour.

111_fhdr.jpg

Archived