12-9 on Queens Blvd

R160

There was a 12-9 at Union Turnpike earlier around 3:15 PM.

(E) and (F) trains ran on the local track at Union Turnpike and then switched back to the express after that. According the the MTA website, service is running with residual delays.

Did someone kill themselves, or drop a cellphone, or did they get dizzy, and fall over, and are they alright?. I am sure we are now really close to seeing platform screen doors.

Not sure. My sister was there when the train hit the man, but she said she didn't see anything.

The person in my building saw the person fall into the tracks. She said:

Originally said by Person in my building

I saw the person fall into the tracks. I then rushed over there' date=' but as I was going over there a train came out nowhere and they were under the train.[/i']

Why does the 12-9 occur so much in the subway?! :mad:

because idiots, like the ones on their cellphones, don't pay attention and walk right onto the tracks, or someone else drops their smartphone into the tracks and they risk their lives climbing down trying to get it back. smh :tdown:.

Why does the 12-9 occur so much in the subway?! :mad:

They have always happened, usually 2 or 3 a week. People hear about them more know because of the internet. Before, you would just have a service disruption and that was that, now people can find out what happened form the MTA site. Also, the MTA is not going to get platform screen doors, so will people stop saying that their getting close to doing that.

Just like the blind guy that for some god damn reason got on the tracks, and got hit by a train.

If he was blind then he had a legitimate excuse. You can't expect all blind people to be familiar with the subway system and where the edges are as well as have sharp hearing, but then again, if I was blind I wouldn't be riding the subway in the first place.

This is a shame if it was the fault of the person him/herself. If the person was pushed, then he/she has my sympathies.

It appears there is another one at Nevins. There is an out of service R142 (2) train on the local track with cops and MTA personal focusing on the 2nd to last car. All (2), (3), (4), (5) trains are bypassing the station but I was on a bypassing (5) and by what I saw, it appears there was another 12-9.

2 12-9's in one day. We would most likely be seing this in the news tomorrow, and I am most certain that politicians are going to be very happy seing this as they can push for platform screen doors, or to slow trains down, and use today as an example.

Archived