Bergen Avenue Bus the Worse

dkm07302

I do not understand how this company still is operating. They are never on time and about 4-5 buses run per day. Then they have the nerve to pass on you and you are waiting there for almost 30 mins. Plus the buses are all run down, when I was on the 1524 bus the other day smoke was coming in from the inside and the bus driver said that it happens. They are so dirty inside and out. When I read about a month or so ago that the person in charge said the buses are 10 years old. Really? How is it Red and Tan not looking like that. How is it the Montgomery Buses not like that? How is it the Broadway buses not like that? Plus the workers there are so lazy and everytime I have to stand at the station they are either looking dumbfounded or laughing it up. It a shame that they look like that, and if they try to go up on the fare with that kind of service, then that crazy.

Bergen Avenue didn't use to be like this. A change in management was all it took and the company went down hill. It's a real shame what the operation has become. It disgusts me how their buses look.

Lol theres always the shoe leather express :P

I do not understand how this company still is operating. They are never on time and about 4-5 buses run per day. Then they have the nerve to pass on you and you are waiting there for almost 30 mins. Plus the buses are all run down, when I was on the 1524 bus the other day smoke was coming in from the inside and the bus driver said that it happens. They are so dirty inside and out. When I read about a month or so ago that the person in charge said the buses are 10 years old. Really? How is it Red and Tan not looking like that. How is it the Montgomery Buses not like that? How is it the Broadway buses not like that? Plus the workers there are so lazy and everytime I have to stand at the station they are either looking dumbfounded or laughing it up. It a shame that they look like that, and if they try to go up on the fare with that kind of service, then that crazy.
That is a real shame even back in the late 60's they were running old look gm and a few fishbowls they were old but were kept in pretty good condition. And I sure miss the orange with a black stripe scheme.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/03/bergen_bus_co_in_jersey_city_s.html

Bergen Avenue IBOA closed yesterday afternoon; the Montgomery and Westside IBOA should be taking over the route later on this week. A missed liability insurance payment finished---or should I say, euthanized, the Bergen Avenue IBOA. If that had not killed them off, I would imagine that the buses were close to being seized by the state.

The operators in Jersey City are now: Coach USA, NJT (and contractors), Montgomery and Westside IBOA, and Broadway Bus at the city line.

According to NJ.com, the deal with A & C Transit is being finalized. The now former Bergen Avenue IBOA Garage at 1080 Broadway is being sold to Walgreens.

So, apparently, a new Bergen Avenue service will be based out of 420 Danforth Avenue and buses will sport a red stripe. Meanwhile, NJ Transit says buses have been added to the 87 on Dr. King Drive and Monticello Avenue and Coach USA says buses have been added to the 10 on The Boulevard. This should help in the Montgomery Street-Long Street section until a Bergen Avenue service returns.

its too bad im from jersey city and rode the bergen all the time the worst bus is 1244 i been on it missing seats falling apart took parts from the dump breaks down i remember when it use to have the Grumman 870Bs and when they first got the RTS's but now its a dump i'll miss it tho

its too bad im from jersey city and rode the bergen all the time the worst bus is 1244 i been on it missing seats falling apart took parts from the dump breaks down i remember when it use to have the Grumman 870Bs and when they first got the RTS's but now its a dump i'll miss it tho

Ugh. Don't remind me of that bus. That bus ALWAYS broke down in the middle of the damn street. Pull out of Journal Square....CUTS OUT. Crank it back up, pull out, make the right unto Sip, traffic light to Blvd. CUTS OUT. Every bus stop and traffic light. CUTS OUT. Oy. 10 minute trip took 30 minutes.

That's sad. Bergen Avenue IBOA was good when I was a little one.

I used to ride Bergen Avenue in the 1970's to the Miller Branch Library and further down Bergen. There was a friendly B/O that always let me know when we were at the Miller Branch Library.

Each time I came back, I always took at least one Bergen Avenue IBOA trip and during the summer of 1988 I visited 1080 Broadway.

Ugh. Don't remind me of that bus. That bus ALWAYS broke down in the middle of the damn street. Pull out of Journal Square....CUTS OUT. Crank it back up, pull out, make the right unto Sip, traffic light to Blvd. CUTS OUT. Every bus stop and traffic light. CUTS OUT. Oy. 10 minute trip took 30 minutes.

bus broke down in front of my school let me guess the Fat Bus Driver was operating it right?? o and the New Bergen Bus is out today

Archived