Rep. Peter King Holds Hearings On Capitol Hill On Radicalization Of Muslims In U.S.

R68 Subway Car

Hes a bigoted , racist....person in power who had ties to a Terriost group in the past....singling out one religion for extremism is a dangerous path and this country should not travel down it. Haven't we learn form the lessons of past wars or stereotyping? I guess not and its sad.....this country is falling apart....:mad:

He's taking a stand and saying what needs to be said. As he said there are plenty of law abiding Muslims who live right and such, but there are those who are looking to do harm to this country and that needs to be said and addressed. How many attacks have to happen before we accept that and stop trying to sugar coat things like everything is eh okay?

I saw that guy Democrat from Minnesota Ellison crying and such about stereotyping and such and I understand and feel for him, but they need to understand why people feel the way they do and reach out and try to open themselves up more to outsiders. Most Muslims don't do that and that's a big problem.

When you don't mingle much overall with outsiders and then you're in the news constantly for plotting terrorist attacks, what are people supposed to think? I have friends from all walks of life and I have to say that the Arabic Muslims and other Muslims are extremely closed and secretive. They just don't mingle with other folks much, esp. Westerners, so that makes it very difficult for other people to learn about their culture and see a different perspective other than the one shown on the news.

The hearings are a joke. Not because there shouldn't be a hearing, but because there was nothing but people with personal experiences and Representatives with their own personal biases.

I'll take it seriously when there are more law enforcement people talking, as opposed to 9/11 survivors and midwesterners that cant tell the difference between Al-Qaeda and CAIR.

I thought the hearings were surprisingly civilized and well run. THey had a number of different people givign opinions, and they were not all racist or xenophobic or whatever.

The sheriff from, I believe it was LA, spoke about how the Muslim community leaders work closely with the police and they have a nice relationship, and have actually stopped crimes from occuring that way. I think it shows some nice possibilities for the future of law enforcement and Muslim-police relationships.

He's taking a stand and saying what needs to be said. As he said there are plenty of law abiding Muslims who live right and such, but there are those who are looking to do harm to this country and that needs to be said and addressed. How many attacks have to happen before we accept that and stop trying to sugar coat things like everything is eh okay?

I saw that guy Democrat from Minnesota Ellison crying and such about stereotyping and such and I understand and feel for him, but they need to understand why people feel the way they do and reach out and try to open themselves up more to outsiders. Most Muslims don't do that and that's a big problem.

When you don't mingle much overall with outsiders and then you're in the news constantly for plotting terrorist attacks, what are people supposed to think? I have friends from all walks of life and I have to say that the Arabic Muslims and other Muslims are extremely closed and secretive. They just don't mingle with other folks much, esp. Westerners, so that makes it very difficult for other people to learn about their culture and see a different perspective other than the one shown on the news.

That is true to extent because many Arab people just do their jobs and go home to their family since we believe that family is the only thing you have in life to a bigger extent than many and our culture is a great culture if people came our way and are willing to educate themself and see things for themself on our culture and not listening to only what they hear on news

You've got no reason to fear the police unless you're the wanted one.

Thats the most naive statement ever, maybe in a perfect world where there is no corruption. In the NYPD corruption runs rampant.

they backup each other with lies, half truths and inuendo.

nypd is probably one of the most arrogant law enforcement agencies in the country. they are also corrupt in as much as they escape penalties for all manner of improprieties, and misdemeanors, by value of the badges they wield like a knight's shield. in fact they refer to their badges as shields. it should also be noted that a policeman who generally abides by the rule of law and professional conduct, yet ignores or assists fellow officers misconduct, must too be considered corrupt for employing a double standard.

fellow officers who break the law are considered brothers in blue and extended every leniency in the name of professional courtesy. when they are confronted by an investigatory agency they protect one another with the famed "blue wall of silence".

when the average joe breaks the same law they are treated like the scum of the earth.

they have one simple mindset: us and them. us being cops, and all others fall into the "them" category. A cops mindset is every civilian is a thief who just hasnt been caught yet!

Naive my ass. Acting like a human being goes a long way.

might be of interest that if you check you would find that a large percentage of the police are former U.S. Marines. they actively recruit Marines at the discharge facilities. Marines are taught that everyone who is not one of them is a enemy. Period. when they become police they continue in the same mindset.

I thought the hearings were surprisingly civilized and well run. THey had a number of different people givign opinions, and they were not all racist or xenophobic or whatever.

The sheriff from, I believe it was LA, spoke about how the Muslim community leaders work closely with the police and they have a nice relationship, and have actually stopped crimes from occuring that way. I think it shows some nice possibilities for the future of law enforcement and Muslim-police relationships.

That was the ONLY law enforcement personnel that testified, however...which to me made it a complete farce. This should have been talking to them solely...to examine the problem at its root.

People may be blasting King for one reason for another, but I will blast him for not doing his research. Most people who do terrorism in the name of Islam are converts who converted in the prisons.

That was the ONLY law enforcement personnel that testified, however...which to me made it a complete farce. This should have been talking to them solely...to examine the problem at its root.

People may be blasting King for one reason for another, but I will blast him for not doing his research. Most people who do terrorism in the name of Islam are converts who converted in the prisons.

I had assumed that there would be no actual experts at all, so even having the 1 guy surpassed my expectations.

The prison issue definitely is something that should have come up, I agree.

Not only that, but the liberals' most beloved president: FDR put Japanese Americans into prison camps following the Pearl Harbor attacks. As bad as Bush was, he never put Muslims into prison camps and given how much worse the 9/11 attacks were.

The very least the communities could do is allow for more 'inspections'. This is hardly as bad as how things could be as shown in the movie "The Siege".

Not only that, but the liberals' most beloved president: FDR put Japanese Americans into prison camps following the Pearl Harbor attacks. As bad as Bush was, he never put Muslims into prison camps and given how much worse the 9/11 attacks were.

The very least the communities could do is allow for more 'inspections'. This is hardly as bad as how things could be as shown in the movie "The Siege".

You could have not have nailed this down better. And in addition to that, Bush got crap for waterboarding terrorists who we captured on the battlefield while those same liberals praise their hero FDR in spite of the fact that he locked up 110,000 innocent Japanese Americans in California. I feel that locking up 110,000 innocent persons is more of a violation of civil liberties than waterboarding terrorists to get info to stop attacks.

Can you name some of them that aren't Jose Padilla?

James Cromitie (and others who tried to blow up Stewart Airport in Newburgh), Raymond Vasquez (in NJ), Kevin James (of the 2005 LAX bombing plot). Spellings may be a bit off, but they were converts in prison.

I'm glad you mentioned that movie-it really was quite ahead of its time, and quite brilliant, too. Despite being made before 9/11, it not only showed how devastating terrorist attacks on NYC could be, but it also showed one way the government could have reacted.

Whenever someone talks about how horrible and controlling the government has become since the implementation of the Patriot Act, blah blah blah, I can only think of this film, and think how much restraint the government actually shows in fighting terrorism.

Archived