Is Linden Blvd corridor good for BRT/LRT Corridor

FamousNYLover

I was wondering when you were going to ask that well maybe BRT but not light rail. light rail would fail in NYC big time. however a new rte may be able to do it.

How would LRT fail , the trains can be 4x the size of a bus....

Light Rail could work in New York City but, likely, in the outer boroughs. Philadelphia, San Diego and Boston each have light rail. In Philadelphia, light rail runs partly underground, and in fact, provides the local service on Market Street between City Hall and 30th Street while the MFL runs nonstop. Boston has, perhaps, the oldest light rail line. In 1897, the city placed a trolley line underground on Tremont Street - the beginning of the Green Line. Select Bus Service or Bus Rapid Transit is light rail in a sense with buses, tires and road lanes. You have specifically named stops where fare is paid before boarding. On the M15 SBS, new buses with three doors operate.

Not necessarily along Linden Boulevard/NY 27, primarily becayse it is mostly residential along it (except in parts of East New York). That is why there are no bus routes along most of Linden Boulevard before Ashford Street, but rather on the streets a few blocks to the north or south.

As for BRT, I would actually suggest it as cross-town routes connecting hubs outside of NYC. For instance, one could do Far Rockaway to Flushing, Green Acres to Flushing via Jamaica, Flushing to Fordham, 86 Street/Avenue U crosstown, as well as current BRT corridors.

Not necessarily along Linden Boulevard/NY 27, primarily becayse it is mostly residential along it (except in parts of East New York). That is why there are no bus routes along most of Linden Boulevard before Ashford Street, but rather on the streets a few blocks to the north or south.

As for BRT, I would actually suggest it as cross-town routes connecting hubs outside of NYC. For instance, one could do Far Rockaway to Flushing, Green Acres to Flushing via Jamaica, Flushing to Fordham, 86 Street/Avenue U crosstown, as well as current BRT corridors.

yeah it's called Q85 LTD to Q44 LTD!!! However I suggested similar ideas in other threads MY LIB NYC plan details this.

an emphatic NO to light rail in NYC out of me !

wish I could make that NO bigger.....

people don't know how to drive enough as it is here in this city.... it's congested enough in this city (pedestrian AND vehicular)... traffic lanes are being taken away by f***ing bike lanes left & right, and we're gonna excavate/vacate for more "dedicated" lanes for a light rail, when we have BRT/+SBS+ shoved in our faces.... nevermind the creation of bus lanes themselves, regardless if they're in effect only for certain times of the day.....

at this rate, cars are gonna have to hover over the streets....

people don't know how to drive enough as it is here in this city.... it's congested enough in this city (pedestrian AND vehicular)... traffic lanes are being taken away by f***ing bike lanes left & right, and we're gonna excavate/vacate for more "dedicated" lanes for a light rail, when we have BRT/+SBS+ shoved in our faces.... nevermind the creation of bus lanes themselves, regardless if they're in effect only for certain times of the day.....

NYC hates cars for a reason!!!! however that was not my reason for bashing LRT but ya have a point

yeah it's called Q85 LTD to Q44 LTD!!! However I suggested similar ideas in other threads MY LIB NYC plan details this.

But he was suggesting to put bus lanes and proof-of-payment on this corridor, so travel times on these routes would be faster.

You could argue that, when done right, bus lanes improve congestion by causing people to switch from cars to transit.

In any case, most of these bus lanes carry more people than the car lanes that surround them.

In any case, most of these bus lanes carry more people than the car lanes that surround them.

Most bus lanes carry more cars, than the people that benefit by getting on said buses riding along those bus lanes....

yellow cabs are notorious for that in Manhattan.

Most bus lanes carry more cars, than the people that benefit by getting on said buses riding along those bus lanes....

yellow cabs are notorious for that in Manhattan.

well here is a very simple solution CAMERA ENFORCEMENT FINE THE CRAP OUTTA THE CARS AND CABS!!!!!!! charge $500 to $1500 fine for driving on the bus lane!!!! at rush hr bring in the tow truck and TOW THEIR ASSES!!!! THEN CHARGE AN ARM AND LEG TO GET THEIR CAR BACK!!! problem solved if they get pissed they can **** off and leave NYC.

well here is a very simple solution CAMERA ENFORCEMENT FINE THE CRAP OUTTA THE CARS AND CABS!!!!!!! charge $500 to $1500 fine for driving on the bus lane!!!! at rush hr bring in the tow truck and TOW THEIR ASSES!!!! THEN CHARGE AN ARM AND LEG TO GET THEIR CAR BACK!!! problem solved if they get pissed they can **** off and leave NYC.

WTF is wrong with you?.....did you fail your driving test or something?

But the bus riders aren't any worse off than if there weren't any bus lanes in the first place.

they aint any better off either...

other vehicles in bus lanes impede any chance of steady flow of movement....

let's not mention bus lanes along a stretch of road that has more than one route traveling along it....

are you really trying to imply to me that the plasteration of bus lanes have been a significant help in NYC? It aint like BX12 & M15 SBS's are exactly flying down these lanes....

next, you'll be telling me the implementation of traffic lights for the bikes was also beneficial for the bicyclists of NYC.... which would be just as laughable....

as comical as I found the way you expressed this point....

it's theoretical; not all that practical....

they aint any better off either...

other vehicles in bus lanes impede any chance of steady flow of movement....

let's not mention bus lanes along a stretch of road that has more than one route traveling along it....

are you really trying to imply to me that the plasteration of bus lanes have been a significant help in NYC? It aint like BX12 & M15 SBS's are exactly flying down these lanes....

next, you'll be telling me the implementation of traffic lights for the bikes was also beneficial for the bicyclists of NYC.... which would be just as laughable....

as comical as I found the way you expressed this point....

it's theoretical; not all that practical....

In a way yes in a way no It could work if done similar to SBS however!!!!! If camera enforcement is effective it can work if ppl violate the lanes they will simply have to pay up!!!! thats all

...It aint like BX12 & M15 SBS's are exactly flying down these lanes....

It sure as hell aint working on the M15 SBS, espically on 1 Av between Houston & 23 Sts. Its like most of the time, the buses aren't even using them lanes during rush hour; them cabs and delivery trucks are

It sure as hell aint working on the M15 SBS, espically on 1 Av between Houston & 23 Sts. Its like most of the time, the buses aren't even using them lanes during rush hour; them cabs and delivery trucks are

opportunity to fine the crap outta them if the cameras can guarantee a fine gets sent then let the buses use the lanes at rush hr then TICKET SPREE HA HA HA The fines from the fine spree will bring in millions!!!

opportunity to fine the crap outta them if the cameras can guarantee a fine gets sent then let the buses use the lanes at rush hr then TICKET SPREE HA HA HA The fines from the fine spree will bring in millions!!!

you sound like one of those idiots that work for the feds.

Archived