SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7832 has this ugly white graffiti tag on it (it actually looks like a tag that would be on a train from the 80's). They used this thick white marker, and it's very noticeable from a distance. I think you should wipe that up for the (MTA). If you don't see it, then Corona might have beaten you to it. Being honest though, it's probably the biggest and worst graffiti tag I've seen on trains in awhile. Pretty sure it's gonna be cleaned up quite fast, because of how noticeable it is. 

Edited by R188 7857

7832 has this ugly white graffiti tag on it (it actually looks like a tag that would be on a train from the 80's). They used this thick white marker, and it's very noticeable from a distance. I think you should wipe that up for the (MTA). If you don't see it, then Corona might have beaten you to it. Being honest though, it's probably the biggest and worst graffiti tag I've seen on trains in awhile. Pretty sure it's gonna be cleaned up quite fast, because of how noticeable it is.

Corona needs to take better care of cleaning their trains I've been noticing that on a lot of R188s but it's probably just that carbon steel R188s won't structurally last long.

First things first, I do help out the MTA by giving them my money fare almost everyday not knowing were that money goes too. Second, it's nice that someone helped clean a subway car as far as a good samaritan goes but like I stated before this is New York and most things don't stay nice & clean after a few days especially in a 24/7 subway system.

Now I can't sleep thanks a lot lol

Yup, I mean I know he's helping but come on, clean it? Thats why the MTA hires CLEANERS. <7>

I know you are joking right? If you actually wasted your time wiping down a car that is going to get dirty the next day you're crazy.

Hey, I loved those converted sets when they were on the (6) and they deserve to be brand new on the (7), so I want to help the MTA out on their job. It's what I like to do, help people. 

Got it, what set is that linked up to?

I'm pretty sure Javier is trolling about cleaning that R188 car.... most times the cars on the (7) don't have enough down time for someone to "clean" the car, and I doubt he would be silly enough the waste his own money to buy cleaning supplies for a active subway car.

As for railfans misbehaving at the Hudson Yard opening, y'all do realize that event is gonna be swarming with cops, right?

As for railfans misbehaving at the Hudson Yard opening, y'all do realize that event is gonna be swarming with cops, right?

By cops that means (most likely) the mayor is going to be there, as well as (MTA) officials, the governor, and city politicians. Maybe even Schumer might be there for the opening.

By cops that means (most likely) the mayor is going to be there, as well as (MTA) officials, the governor, and city politicians. Maybe even Schumer might be there for the opening.

The mayors not gonna be there, thats why Bloomberg went when it was still being constructed. If the mayor was going why would it be in service?

Im excited too!! Only 2 more weeks

Corona needs to take better care of cleaning their trains I've been noticing that on a lot of R188s but it's probably just that carbon steel R188s won't structurally last long.

If the carbon steel R40s could last nearly 40 years, suffering in the 70s and 80s from acid baths to remove the graffiti, what makes you think the R188s wouldn't?

If the carbon steel R40s could last nearly 40 years, suffering in the 70s and 80s from acid baths to remove the graffiti, what makes you think the R188s wouldn't?

Well its more of a prediction than me just putting it out there the R40s were some rusty trains that suffered alot because of structural problems

Again... because of the acid baths. If I'm not wrong, that is also why the R44s were in such bad shape, and I think the R38s and R42s as well.

The R44s were in bad shape due to much higher levels of wear and tear, along with heavier level of mileage and vandalism, The R38s were in bad shape because they had really dirty interiors and roofs that the (MTA) had to hold together with duct tape. R42s roofs look like king Kong wiped his a** on them because of the scratchiti

The reason why the Redbirds, R38, R40, R42's bodies aged so poorly is because of the acid baths from graffiti...

The 188s are stainless steel just like the 32s and 46s so they bodies will hold up for 40+ years...

From what I read only a handful of R44s were in bad shape, most of them was decent when they was retired...

:lol: at dude saying the 42's roof looked like King Kong wiped his ass with it.

Edited by trainfan22

I'm pretty sure Javier is trolling about cleaning that R188 car.... most times the cars on the (7) don't have enough down time for someone to "clean" the car, and I doubt he would be silly enough the waste his own money to buy cleaning supplies for a active subway car.

Yeah, I'm not kidding...

The mayors not gonna be there, thats why Bloomberg went when it was still being constructed. If the mayor was going why would it be in service?

Im excited too!! Only 2 more weeks

The mayor would attend because it would be an achievement for NYC. Other than that, let's hope that some railfans don't misbehave... Edited by TheNewYorkElevated