SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen the petition thats going around to bring back (9) service?

Uhh No. What's the whole point in bring back the (9)? You know this topic has been talked about so many times already it's like beating a dead horse. Enough already with the (9), it's been 10 years without it and haven't heard or seen a riot come up because the (9) was discontinued.

Well, they plan the (9) to go express stopping at 242, 231, 225, then go express to DyckMan, then go express to 96 St.

Well, they plan the (9) to go express stopping at 242, 231, 225, then go express to DyckMan, then go express to 96 St.

You do realize that they run about 30 trains on the (1) during rush hours. Having the (9) do this sort of express pattern IMO doesnt solve anything when you have a 4 to 5 minute headways. Plus, some (1) trains come directly out of 137th St layup to provide AM rush hour service.

Lately I've been impressed of how well the R62s kawasaki have been managing & performing. I've seen them with new trucks, some new lighting inside and their air conditioning seems more cooler as well.

I rode an R142A & R62 on the same day this summer and the way the AC on the R62 felt, it puts the one I felt on an R142A to shame.

Lately I've been impressed of how well the R62s kawasaki have been managing & performing. I've seen them with new trucks, some new lighting inside and their air conditioning seems more cooler as well.

I rode an R142A & R62 on the same day this summer and the way the AC on the R62 felt, it puts the one I felt on an R142A to shame.

The trucks aren't new, they just washed them off when they got SMS'd.

Was on R142 (5) 6791. Didn't get version 2 of the M86 SBS update, so at City Hall, I heard Dianne Thompson announce a transfer to the (1)(7)(9)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q)(R) and (W) trains. I kinda chuckled when I saw a dude's face go "WTF?"

Was that northbound or southbound?

Was on R142 (5) 6791. Didn't get version 2 of the M86 SBS update, so at City Hall, I heard Dianne Thompson announce a transfer to the (1)(7)(9)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q)(R) and (W) trains. I kinda chuckled when I saw a dude's face go "WTF?"

I think that one also plays 2 versions of the M60 at 125 St. It goes...

"This is 125 St. Transfer is available to the (4) and (6) trains. Transfer is available to the M60 bus to LaGuardia Airport. Transfer is available to the M60 Select Bus Service to LaGuardia Airport."

No mention of Metro North lol

"This is 125 St. Transfer is available to the (4) and (6) trains. Transfer is available to the M60 bus to LaGuardia Airport. Transfer is available to the M60 Select Bus Service to LaGuardia Airport."

No mention of Metro North lol

There's at least a couple of sets on the (4) that also play both M60 announcements overnight. Other than that, the announcement glitches seem to be fixed on the (4) sets, with a few still on the pre-June program.