BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

By merging the proposed Williamsburg-LIC with the current B39, I got a new triborough route. The QBM1, Long Island City - Williamsburg - Lower East Side.

Your opinion guys, a connective success or a clusterf**k of mass proportions?

I'm honestly leading towards the latter, I just think it'll be hilarious to hear your replies.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By merging the proposed Williamsburg-LIC with the current B39, I got a new triborough route. The QBM1, Long Island City - Williamsburg - Lower East Side.

Your opinion guys, a connective success or a clusterf**k of mass proportions?

I'm honestly leading towards the latter, I just think it'll be hilarious to hear your replies.

design on google maps and show us what you got.

what made them create the Q52? and made changes to the Q11 and Q21

There's a new development called Arverne-By-The-Sea that was built at the location of the current Q52 terminal. The MTA realized that the Q21 as barely used out of Rockaway Park, because everybody was piling onto the Q53, so they sent the Q21 out to Arverne, and they also made a limited-stop version of it during rush hour. Eventually, they figured that people from the Rockaways wouldn't want to take a bus going through Lindenwood because it's too indirect, so they cut the Q21 back to Lindenwood, and made the limited-stop version a full-time route, and renamed it as the Q52.

Hmmm, and I thought the Q42 was the shortest. Silly me.

That would be the definitive shortest line next to the B42.

And the 74.. The 74 they give you 15-20 minutes to do it will take about 15 minutes or so including traffic. When it's empty it can take 7-11 minutes. I've seen a driver do it in 5 minutes 1 trip.

Same as single-artics

|

\

|

\_

To be fair, the Van Hool AGG300 needs a little more space when making turns because they swoop a little to the side. And I know because I've seen it happen when commuting in AGG300's lots of times. But they are quite bendy so you can make fast turns with 'em which is very nice.

Edited by Vistausss

To be fair, the Van Hool AGG300 needs a little more space when making turns because they swoop a little to the side. And I know because I've seen it happen when commuting in AGG300's lots of times.

Probably wouldn't be an issue on the wider streets in Manhattan, but I don't think some Brooklyn routes like the B44 would have the space.

So that's why there are some Van Hool AGG300s running in the USA... yeah, makes sense.

There are no Van Hool AGG300's in service within North America.

Ok, Which US cities are running these buses?

Exactly there isn't because in many locations these vehicles can not legally be operated.

There are no Van Hool AGG300's in service within North America.

Exactly there isn't because in many locations these vehicles can not legally be operated.

Thank you! I don't recall seeing The Van Hool AGG300's being on any US in service roster...

Which reminds me... I heard about LA metro actually needing a special permit for a bus they had out there due to it being 65 feet...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Thank you! I don't recall seeing The Van Hool AGG300's being on any US in service roster...

Which reminds me... I heard about LA metro actually needing a special permit for a bus they had out there due to it being 65 feet...

Yes, the demo NABI 65-BRT.