The (A) and (C) Changes (swap)

R32 3838

Who knows. But it sure must of fooled a lot of people who love the R32s way too much :).

For me.. whether its an april fools prank or not, I wait till i see. Same for the future.

As in the C question thread, I think this was an elaborate ruse. Afterall it was posted on April 1st, that should be a big enough clue. But if it was for real then I'll admit I was wrong.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As in the C question thread, I think this was an elaborate ruse. Afterall it was posted on April 1st, that should be a big enough clue. But if it was for real then I'll admit I was wrong.

Hey bro, No ones wrong or right at this time. When May 1st come in and its a lie, that means we didn't felt for crap. And it ill increase our believe that all rumors about the R32s being swap to other lines is a bunch of (:((S) as usual~ B)! .. See to baaleeeeeeaveeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Damn I'd personally like to see the reaction when people see R32s converted back to their Pre-GOH appearance. Shoot if that happens there will be a Tsunami in the subway from foamers foaming like never before. Add 2CY3B compressors to the preserved R32s and I'll be even more happy with that despite the fact two R32s have been saved so far, so I'm happy either way.

Yeah Pre-GOH id love to see. As a matter of fact i would love to see those Redbirds reverted back to original.. Now that would be hot!

Well a WH version of the TOMC can be created. There are two pairs of WH R36 cars plus a WH R29. They also have that WH R17 and WH R21 that are at Concourse and the fate of those cars is unknown at this time. They have an R22 garbage motor that is coupled to an R12 and R14 cars. The R12 and R14 cars are both still in the race stripe paint scheme. Then that other R22 car in the museum 7422 I believe that's the number. Get all of those cars running and you could run them on the (1) or (3) line just like they did back in the 1980s. Of course a significant amount of work plus money will be needed to restore those cars. Same thing goes for R32s being converted back to their Pre-GOH appearance. Right now though the remaining first generation equipment is being worked on and when those cars are taken care of that is where we are going to the second generation fleet being worked on.

Only problem is, it is unknown when the TOMCs will come back. Lately its been the Low Voltage and Arnies.. But I would love to see an R12 THRU R33 in a fan trip. R12/R15/R17/R21/R22/R26/R28/R29/R33/R36. Total 10 cars. That would be sweet/

Okay I had enough of this shit

1 I do not want the R32's on the (:( because of railfans

Im going to explain this in clear english, The R32's are old, The TA has the (B) that is the Only line that runs 5 DAYS A WEEK!!!!! and Plus The Mileage on those cars won't be a big deal,

The R46's the (A) Are done, They breakdown everyday, thursday evening 3 R46's were taken out of service during the PM RUSH and they sent 2 (C) trains to the Rockaways, The R46's MDBF are lower than the R32's, NOT GOOD, To Be Honest the ®'s R46's give no problem at all due to the fact they don't RUN 24/7,

This subway system needs new management when it comes to car equipment Because to me its bullshit, you have newer R68's (POS to T/O's) on a subway line that Runs 5 days a week, and you have the longest subway line with old equipment That's bullshit

so Im not thinking like a railfan when I say the R32's need to be on the (B), Its logical sense due to the facts, as well as the R46's, so for the fools who bash me, especialy the idot that's telling me to go buy an R32, Your no special yourself. Because your just a foamer just like everyone else, Im not the one for this all Talk BS but no action, I have a right to write whatever I want because this a Public Transit forum and what we say is always transit related, Its our hobby and I still enjoy it and this is NYCTForums, Transit Focused Member Driven B)

Hey bro, No ones wrong or right at this time. When May 1st come in and its a lie, that means we didn't felt for crap. And it ill increase our believe that all rumors about the R32s being swap to other lines is a bunch of (:((S) as usual~ B)! .. See to baaleeeeeeaveeeeeeeeeeeeee~

yeah, but like I said: "it happens, it happens". I'd be happy if it did, but I don't really care if it doesn't. I'm not going to get all worked up over this stuff.

Only problem is, it is unknown when the TOMCs will come back. Lately its been the Low Voltage and Arnies.. But I would love to see an R12 THRU R33 in a fan trip. R12/R15/R17/R21/R22/R26/R28/R29/R33/R36. Total 10 cars. That would be sweet/

Just like in 2008 for that final Shea Stadium home opener, that was a fun ride. I do hope at least the museum 4 run again. I think it could run b/w 96th-South Ferry. Would be nice to have that for the December trips on the IRT.

From what I heard TOMC need work as much I want to see them they are in need for some work and plus the TM makes more money with the R1/9's as well as the Low V's

What does Express and Local has to do with putting fleets on each line?

An R32 can be placed on the (A). Nothing different. It has happened before.. Only problem is changing the signs for the southern terminal. And maybe the northern (AM Peak off Rkway Pk to 59th)

As for when this will ever happen. I have a feeling it may never happen, becuz all the stupid rumors from the past never came true, and i knew it.. But as always, wait and see.

Usually those trains go to Dyckman St and the sign reflects it. That or it still says 207 St but the top sign isn't the problem

Okay I had enough of this shit

1 I do not want the R32's on the (B) because of railfans

I dont understand this?

Besides, you said before you wanted R32s on the (:( and now no, becuz of a railfans? Or is it becuz of foamers?

The RTO decides on what goes where, not what us railbuffs think. Sucks tho.

I dont understand this?

Besides, you said before you wanted R32s on the (B) and now no, becuz of a railfans? Or is it becuz of foamers?

The RTO decides on what goes where, not what us railbuffs think. Sucks tho.

No, that's life...

yeah, but like I said: "it happens, it happens". I'd be happy if it did, but I don't really care if it doesn't. I'm not going to get all worked up over this stuff.

Just like in 2008 for that final Shea Stadium home opener, that was a fun ride. I do hope at least the museum 4 run again. I think it could run b/w 96th-South Ferry. Would be nice to have that for the December trips on the IRT.

The TOMC running again? Don't hold your breath on that one....

As someone that more intrestred in the planning aspect of foaming lol then what is the actual fleet of cars on NYC subways, this is what the (MTA) should be doing to the (A)(C)(B)(D) lines.

The R68's(a)should have switched to the Pitkin/207th Yards. With a few extra R32's also on the (A)(C) lines.

While Concourse got the R46's/R32's IMO when the R160's took over Jamaica by early in 2010.

(B)Mostly R32's with some occasional R46's and R160's as back-ups. Brighton riders already got the (Q) R160's 24/7 and make the (:( first line (along with the (A)(C) lines)to get first the newest train fleet probably the R-179's.

(A)Far Rockaway branch. Should be all R68's.

(A)Lefferts Blvd. R68's and R46's.

©R'68's and occaionally R'32.s

(D)R46's (unless there is an issue with the 75-foot fitting into these former BMT West End stations in Brooklyn)with R32's(used for extra Yankee games service)and R160's as back-ups.

This would have been more 'fair." (C) riders getting newer cars and yet making use of the R32's in it's final couple of years service.

As someone that more intrestred in the planning aspect of foaming lol then what is the actual fleet of cars on NYC subways, this is what the (MTA) should be doing to the (A)(C)(B)(D) lines.

The R68's(a)should have switched to the Pitkin/207th Yards. With a few extra R32's also on the (A)(C) lines.

While Concourse got the R46's/R32's IMO when the R160's took over Jamaica by early in 2010.

(B)Mostly R32's with some occasional R46's and R160's as back-ups. Brighton riders already got the (Q) R160's 24/7 and make the (:( first line (along with the (A)(C) lines)to get first the newest train fleet probably the R-179's.

(D)R46's (unless there is an issue with the 75-foot fitting into these former BMT West End stations in Brooklyn)with R32's(used for extra Yankee games service)and R160's as back-ups.

This would have been more 'fair." (C) riders getting newer cars and yet making use of the R32's in it's final couple of years service.

Nice plan but the problem is that why break up the R32s into multiple yards when they're already on their last legs? The way I see it, if you move a few, you might as well move them all; keep them all in one place to make it easier to maintain. Or you can do a fleet-for-fleet swap (ie: R68s for R32s, etc.) As for the last statement, the R46s on the (D), there shouldn't be any problem since the R68s do it every single day and they're the same size

I like that idea.And there shouldn't be problems b\c the (D) is already using 75 foot cars and late nights sometimes OOS ®'s are re-routed via West End going to the yard.

I'm satisfied with the R46s going to B116/Rock Park-Belle Harbor. The R46s IMHO are the best especially with their Cineston M/C handle which is better then the Westinghouse dual controllers for brake and power separate or the R160s Knorr NYAB M/C handle

Two handles are better then one.... Makes a big difference when making short moves like adds and starting on a grade under load.

Wasn't there like a problem with the R12/15/17/33WF cars or something like that?

The R12/15/33 are ok, the R17 is a risk every time you take it out (more of a personal opinion). The repainted redbirds though are shot.

As someone that more intrestred in the planning aspect of foaming lol then what is the actual fleet of cars on NYC subways, this is what the (MTA) should be doing to the (A)(C) (:)(D) lines.

(B)Mostly R32's with some occasional R46's and R160's as back-ups. Brighton riders already got the (Q) R160's 24/7 and make the (B) first line (along with the (A)(C) lines)to get first the newest train fleet probably the R-179's.

Why should the (A) and (D) swap cars? Its a lot of work for nothing. The (B) and (D) work well with the equipment that they have.

The (A) and (C) could benefit from sharing their fleet of R46s and R32s.

I don't care what the (A)(C) runs. Long as when I go to stand on that platform a train shows up and takes me where I need to go. I had my fun and foam over car switches during summer of 09 when every subway line was a mixed bag of fun and I was learning my fleet numbers. It's over now.

I don't care what the (A)(C) runs. Long as when I go to stand on that platform a train shows up and takes me where I need to go. I had my fun and foam over car switches during summer of 09 when every subway line was a mixed bag of fun and I was learning my fleet numbers. It's over now.

those were the days, I wish I had started railfanning earlier that year to see a lot of it

Two handles are better then one.... Makes a big difference when making short moves like adds and starting on a grade under load.

Oh I see. But if I were motorperson I'd go with the combined Cineston M/C, like we have in the Red Line 015/016/01700s. Our Red Line Fleet hasnt had dual handles since the 1911-1928 build 0600s and 0700s which were retired in 1963-1971, and virtually all my Red Line motorperson employees wouldnt know how to operate dual handles, they only know the Cineston M/c and the Knorr NYAB handle on the 01800s

Archived