LFSs vs NGs

Via Garibaldi 8

IMO, you can't really compare an NG(hybrid) to an LFS(diesel). I say wait till the 3G's come in, then you can make an accurate comparison.

That's going to be something right there. I cant wait to compare the 3G's with the OG's/NG's.

MTAB getting artics? i don't think so. With artics only running through manhattan and the bronx, the only way this could happen is if they send them to eastchester depot. I don't think NYCTA wants to trust brand new 62ft $700,000 buses to those tight congested roads of queens, and drivers that are not familiar with artics

The first aric order for MTAB is already in the works. 72 will be split between Baisley Park, and JFK depots.

That's going to be something right there. I cant wait to compare the 3G's with the OG's/NG's.

I want to see how the New Flyers, Nova's, and 3G's stack up to each other.

I got to ride on 8005 today and TBH it doesn't feel much different from the 1800s @ LIB... Other than its a bit louder which is nice from a fan POV but overall is irreverent.

I wonder why the OP didn't compare the LFS to those 17/1800s as it be more fair, I ridden on ST Diesel NG's and there's little to no difference in how the bus runs compared to the NG CNGs @ LIB.

I'm looking forward to the new New Flyers than more than the LFS and Diesel 3G. Can't wait to see the LFR in real life! As well as riding if there anywhere as awesome as the C40LFs in Gleason are.

That 0058 bus, it seemed fimsy to me when I rode it but it was a very nice bus otherwise, I hope I'm wrong about the XD40 build quality.

In a sense, while its a similar model, you still cant in terms of power since its Hybrids vs Diesel.

But that's why I look forward to comparing them. Seeing if there is a difference between a diesel and a hybrid version of practically the same bus and to see if the quality of the 3G's are better than the quality of the NG's since Orion claims that they will be using "nuts and bolts" as opposed to that glue that they used for the OG's/NG's.

I want to see how the New Flyers, Nova's, and 3G's stack up to each other.

I'm with you 1000% The end of 2011-2012 is going to be a very interesting one once all the new buses come in and I can't wait, especially the New Flyer bus!

But that's why I look forward to comparing them. Seeing if there is a difference between a diesel and a hybrid version of practically the same bus and to see if the quality of the 3G's are better than the quality of the NG's since Orion claims that they will be using "nuts and bolts" as opposed to that glue that they used for the OG's/NG's.

I'm with you 1000% The end of 2011-2012 is going to be a very interesting one once all the new buses come in and I can't wait, especially the New Flyer bus!

The OGs had bolts; the NGs had glue.

• 3 weeks later...
Good, those NF artics can be displaced to retire some of the O5 crap at BP and JFK. Go Nova!

Ditto. The good thing about the OGs are some of the older ones still have the old seating config [i still prefer the forward facing rear seats than the interior facing ones].

1) 05 is not crap.

2)I agree with the foward seats which is why I like the 1800's NG CNG's.

NG's are better. I think the LFS has two seats on the door side which I don't like. I like two-seats on window side and one-seats on the door side. I HATE THAT C40LF CRAP! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE C40LFR's! THEY LOOK 10000000x BETTER!

Just hang around east Queens and wait for an N4/6/20/21/22/22A/24. Hopefully the NG CNGs haven't already dominated those lines.

I've seen the NG CNG's dominate the N6 on the weekends as far as I can tell. As for the other N2X lines mentioned I mostly see the Orion V's on those lines. The N4 is fairly diverse.

I don't have much to say on the NGs since I have never been on one.

After seeing videos, I have to say that the MTA made a good power train choice with the new LFS'. I have only seen a handful of 3rd gen Novas with the Allison transmission, and it sound AWESOME with the ISL9.

The one and only complaint I have about this batch of Novas, is the font used on the destination signs (Luminator?). It looks ugly to me, compared to the type used on, for example, a Montreal LFS:

SDC15968.JPG?m=1299341930

Otherwise, great buses, I hope they get more! That is my 2 cents...:o

I don't have much to say on the NGs since I have never been on one.

After seeing videos, I have to say that the MTA made a good power train choice with the new LFS'. I have only seen a handful of 3rd gen Novas with the Allison transmission, and it sound AWESOME with the ISL9.

The one and only complaint I have about this batch of Novas, is the font used on the destination signs (Luminator?). It looks ugly to me, compared to the type used on, for example, a Montreal LFS:

SDC15968.JPG?m=1299341930

Otherwise, great buses, I hope they get more! That is my 2 cents...:o

Our LFS Artics have Luminator Titan signs whereas our LFS 40-footers have Axion signs.

Archived