Who watchs NY1.

King Of RedBirds

I don't understand that move either, but at least ch 8 was empty. I think even ch 3 would've made more sense. Cablevision has done worse: they moved travel ch around 3 times. First from 29 to 176? and then that to now 96 just below Food network [which makes sense since their primetime shows seems to be about food now].

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NY1 = GARBAGE. Its just a loop of the same bullshit over and over. They suck.

LMFAOOOOO! You so crack me up sir!!! So true!

The worst being News 12(Cablevision), which repeats the bs of the SAME news every 30min.. Only updated 1 in the morning, then the afternoon and the night.

NY1 is garbage, especially if you have Cablevision cuz it's now on Channel 8!

You must have cablevision? Howd you know?

Maybe they pushed it to channel 8 because they got tired of NY1 being #1.. Next will be News 12 moved to channel 1 and making it #1 and NY1 #8 :)

Who ever has NY1 on Channel 8, don't you think they should change it to NY8?

As for the original topic: ----no comment----

Because the change was only cablevision, not TWC. And I think it was to turn channel 1 into some thing, forgot what. But I still think it was a stupid move.

LMFAOOOOO! You so crack me up sir!!! So true!

The worst being News 12(Cablevision), which repeats the bs of the SAME news every 30min.. Only updated 1 in the morning, then the afternoon and the night.

Again, who is watching NY1/News 12 18/7? It's for those wanting to catch up on stuff they miss and don't want to wait for the 5-7pm etc shows. It's very good especially b/w 1-5pm when there's no news at that time.

Who ever has NY1 on Channel 8, don't you think they should change it to NY8?

As for the original topic: ----no comment----

they did that with WLNY, a station in Suffolk County, on analog (bunny ears) TV it was Channel 55, then Cablevision stuck it at Channel 10, so now its TV10/55 WLNY.

Because the change was only cablevision, not TWC. And I think it was to turn channel 1 into some thing, forgot what. But I still think it was a stupid move.

Again, who is watching NY1/News 12 18/7? It's for those wanting to catch up on stuff they miss and don't want to wait for the 5-7pm etc shows. It's very good especially b/w 1-5pm when there's no news at that time.

They got the internet if they missed anything. And if they have no internet, ether go watch the 11PM News or pick up a newspaper which covers yesterdays news.

On cablevision Channel 1 is not found in the set top boxes.. So if you need Channel NY1 you need channel 8 as you said.

I like Sports on 1. Besides that and the weather, NY1 is basically useless.

Up here in Mid Hudson Valley we got a local upstate news channel called YNN(Your News Now)sister station of NY1. In January NY1 was added to all of the Mid Hudson TWC systems in Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Columbia and Greene Counties.

And ironic enough we even have a 24/7 NY1 traffic station.

It's even worse up w/ YNN as on weekends the news updates on slower news days (other than the weather) are show the whole day. For traffic best option is look at all sources including the (MTA) website.

And as far as NY1 their best speciality show is 'Inside City Hall.' Personally I also like 'In the Papers' w/ Morning Host Pat Karian.

As a news junkie, I more watch tv news and online editions of papers in short 2-3 minute pieces from around the country than say '1' or '2' sources. Also I don't watch the national cable news channels i.e Fox News, CNN and MSNBC unless it'a big news event.

The week before when Osama was caught and killed, I was glued to all of the news channels. I do give Redbirds 'props' for even being intrested in the news as a lot of teen these days don't give a damn about the news and current events.:tup:

Which one? There's three of them... One hot Latin chick w/big knockers (:tup: :cool:) that comes on at night and the other two. The one in the morning is okay and dresses nice (not sure what she is) and then the black chick, which I'm not fond of, but she does try. The one that does the best is the chick in the morning, but yeah, I get the feeling that they do recordings or something. However, I must say that their reports have helped me avoid traffic jams going via New Jersey when my colleagues have been stuck at the Lincoln Tunnel for almost an hour. :cool:

For the record those 'chicks' lol have names. The Hottie Latina traffic reporter you talking about is Adelle Caballero.

They got the internet if they missed anything. And if they have no internet, ether go watch the 11PM News or pick up a newspaper which covers yesterdays news.

On cablevision Channel 1 is not found in the set top boxes.. So if you need Channel NY1 you need channel 8 as you said.

It takes a few seconds to turn on the tv vs a few min to boot up the pc if it was turned off and then log onto the internet. Plus the internet you have to click a bunch of links compared to just watching it all on the tv.

To me it's tv > online for the news.

I actually like News 12 over NY1 since they actually give some good reports, NY1 is improving but I personally still like News 12 since it is like an ABC7 while running 24/7. Very informative and straightforward. But sadly, News 12 only exists in Brooklyn and The Bronx not in Staten Island, Manhattan and Queens.

One thing that intresting is that all of the NYC local stations Ch.2/CBS, Ch.4/NBC and Ch.7 all have local morning news/information shows 365 days a year. As most of you know, Ch.11 and Fox/ch.5 have no weekend news shows.

On other side of my cable system, the local Albany stations are showing infomericals i.e CBS/Ch.6, ABC/Ch.10 on weekend mornings.

I got Fios so there is no NY1 for me. But I wish there was something similar to Fios1 available in New York City, but its only for Long Island. Back when I had Time Warner Cable years ago, I checked NY1 every morning for the weather.

Yup, cool stuff...

But do keep in mind, sometimes some remote towns of East of Mississippi do get New York Channels because they do not have local channels. Don't know clearly and why but that's what some people said...

Yup that true. Applies to markets with no local network affliates. For example closer to home, Utica/Syrcuase and Buffalo does not have a Local Fox news station so it shows Fox/Ch.5 from NYC.

Also I think Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Island and parts of Canada i.e Nova Scotia on digital cable/sallite also show the NYC local stations of the major US networks.

I watch NY1 everyday. I have my box set to Channel 8 (what in the hell was so wrong with Channel 1?) so that I can hear what's happening first thing in the morning and I watch some of the shows too when I'm around but I don't rely on them for Traffic but if it's on, I'll listen.

I actually enjoy watching the news. I watch all of them to some degree. I'm more of an Channel 7 and Channel 2 kind of guy. It depends on what I feel like watching that night. News 4 New York was great back in the day but they've made so many changes in the last couple of years and it's not as good as Eyewitness News or CBS 2 News to me but if I'm somewhere and it's on, I'll watch it.

If there's nothing on at 10, I'll watch Channel 5, even though I don't like some of the new segments like that "Real Housewife" from Brooklyn who rants and raves. She needs to sit down somewhere. Channel 11 is all f*cked up nowadays. I watch the morning news but its not as good as it was a year ago but it's not as bad as the News At 10. Man is that newscast abysmal. I hate that new format of theres. I laugh when I see the PIX 11 ads on the subway, it doesn't make me want to watch it anymore than I did before. The only time I watch News 12 is when I'm at the gym, otherwise "out of sight, out of mind". And ever since they moved the news on Channel 9 to 11, I totally forget all about about it but they are moving it back to 10 either before the month is out or next month.

I watch NY1 everyday. I have my box set to Channel 8 (what in the hell was so wrong with Channel 1?) so that I can hear what's happening first thing in the morning and I watch some of the shows too when I'm around but I don't rely on them for Traffic but if it's on, I'll listen.

I actually enjoy watching the news. I watch all of them to some degree. I'm more of an Channel 7 and Channel 2 kind of guy. It depends on what I feel like watching that night. News 4 New York was great back in the day but they've made so many changes in the last couple of years and it's not as good as Eyewitness News or CBS 2 News to me but if I'm somewhere and it's on, I'll watch it.

If there's nothing on at 10, I'll watch Channel 5, even though I don't like some of the new segments like that "Real Housewife" from Brooklyn who rants and raves. She needs to sit down somewhere. Channel 11 is all f*cked up nowadays. I watch the morning news but its not as good as it was a year ago but it's not as bad as the News At 10. Man is that newscast abysmal. I hate that new format of theres. I laugh when I see the PIX 11 ads on the subway, it doesn't make me want to watch it anymore than I did before. The only time I watch News 12 is when I'm at the gym, otherwise "out of sight, out of mind". And ever since they moved the news on Channel 9 to 11, I totally forget all about about it but they are moving it back to 10 either before the month is out or next month.

Ch.9 should just return to it's pre-UPN days IMO as an independent station and not as Fox/Ch.5 'sister' station. Rupert Mudrock should sell Ch.9.

Archived