Who watchs NY1.

King Of RedBirds

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do watch NY1 and I must say that their Rail and Road report is not the most accurate thing on the network. Sometimes they won't catch a service alert until the next cycle (sometimes 30 minutes later), or they completely miss one that doesn't involve skipping stops. You're better off looking at the MTA's website before leaving.

I do watch NY1 and I must say that their Rail and Road report is not the most accurate thing on the network. Sometimes they won't catch a service alert until the next cycle (sometimes 30 minutes later), or they completely miss one that doesn't involve skipping stops. You're better off looking at the MTA's website before leaving.

Yea but I never have time then that ugly lady says no problems. B)

Yea but I never have time then that ugly lady says no problems. B)

Which one? There's three of them... One hot Latin chick w/big knockers (:tup: :cool:) that comes on at night and the other two. The one in the morning is okay and dresses nice (not sure what she is) and then the black chick, which I'm not fond of, but she does try. The one that does the best is the chick in the morning, but yeah, I get the feeling that they do recordings or something. However, I must say that their reports have helped me avoid traffic jams going via New Jersey when my colleagues have been stuck at the Lincoln Tunnel for almost an hour. :cool:

Which one? There's three of them... One hot Latin chick w/big knockers (:tup: :cool:) that comes on at night and the other two. The one in the morning is okay and dresses nice (not sure what she is) and then the black chick, which I'm not fond of, but she does try. The one that does the best is the chick in the morning, but yeah, I get the feeling that they do recordings or something. However, I must say that their reports have helped me avoid traffic jams going via New Jersey when my colleagues have been stuck at the Lincoln Tunnel for almost an hour. :cool:

Lmao with the Latina's the one on channel 8 IDKY. I mean the Car traffic it sort of helps unless I'm on the FDR she never helps she says Broadway,FDR,I87,and I95 Are packed.

I'f you watch it every morning and watch the Rail And Road Report and them telling lies tell me. Exa. All subways are good 3 Min later I'm on the <6> theres a problem. Who expirences that.

Are you seriously going to rant about a rail and road report on some news channel that you could get in more accurate detail from the actual (MTA) website or one of these knowledgeable railfans and foamers on here? >.>;;

Why dont you just use your phone if its not exactly up to speed? Are you too lazy to do that? If you think theres going to be a problem leave early. And also if something is going to happen then big deal. The time it take you to walk to a subway station you could be checking your phone. Sign up for MTA alerts ect....

Are you seriously going to rant about a rail and road report on some news channel that you could get in more accurate detail from the actual (MTA) website or one of these knowledgeable railfans and foamers on here? >.>;;

He's not ranting. He does have a valid point. If a channel like NY1 is going to be reporting stuff like that they should be giving live reports instead of recorded ones.

He is ranting and this topic is stupid. If he wants to follow NY1 and not the MTA website then thats his problem. To sit here and rant about not getting the correct info on the news is stupid. The MTAs website gives you the most up to date info.

He is ranting and this topic is stupid. If he wants to follow NY1 and not the MTA website then thats his problem. To sit here and rant about not getting the correct info on the news is stupid. The MTAs website gives you the most up to date info.

Well, how about this... Both of you are right! B)

I listen to NY1 while I'm in the shower and only check the (MTA) website on the weekends where I need to do more planning because during the week I leave early enough and already have several backups in place in case there are problems.

Well, how about this... Both of you are right! B)

I listen to NY1 while I'm in the shower and only check the (MTA) website on the weekends where I need to do more planning because during the week I leave early enough and already have several backups in place in case there are problems.

Lmao in the shower LMAO.:tup:

Lmao in the shower LMAO.:tup:

I know... I'm lazy as f*ck in the morning. I leave the TV on at night because I'm a Forensic Files addict B). In the morning, I lay there in bed and BS in for like half an hour with NY1 on because I'm not ready to wake up, so basically by the time I get up, I have about 30 minutes to iron, shower, brush teeth, get dressed and get out the door to the express bus. All I can say is I tie a mean tie in less than a minute. :cool:

I know... I'm lazy as f*ck in the morning. I leave the TV on at night because I'm a Forensic Files addict B). In the morning, I lay there in bed and BS in for like half an hour with NY1 on because I'm not ready to wake up, so basically by the time I get up, I have about 30 minutes to iron, shower, brush teeth, get dressed and get out the door to the express bus. All I can say is I tie a mean tie in less than a minute. :cool:

Lmao I listen I don't watch because everything is wrong and they are mad late with stuff. Ex: Osama's Death, 9/11.

I used NY1 online all the time back during the service cuts, but now that it's slowed down they don't report on much transit-related anymore. For regular news it's 1010WINS or CBS880 for me.

Yeah, they should bring back that Transit show w/Bobby Cuza. :mad:

I dont need NY1 or the News. Ill go to MTA.info for my G/os or tune to my Scanner and listen to the NYCTA on what goes on in the system....

I dont even go to FB where MTA sometimes post g/os.. Thats where most FB people go who only go the the (MTA)s FB page just to get the G/os not the MTAs site..

I used to watch NY1 years ago (at least a decade ago).... but it got to a point where I started watching the local news more (especially channel 11's morning news, before it turned into complete & utter shit)... then when the news 12's (Brooklyn, in my case) came out, I watched that for a bit.... Now I sporadically watch fox 5 news, news 12 brooklyn, and channel 10's news (long island)....

The rail & road report I don't rely on.... No particular reason.

It just isn't something that I run to the tv & look to tune in to for updates/details... same deal w/ channel 61 (or w/e) on cablevision that shows traffic & weather...

Archived