Smith-9th Sts F, G Station Closes on June 20 for 9 Months for Rehab

LRG

MTA New York City Transit announces that as a continuation of Phase II of the Culver Viaduct Rehabilitation Project, the Smith-9th Sts F and G station will close effective Monday, June 20 for rehabilitation through March 2012.

The F and G trains will skip Smith-9th Sts station in both directions. Customers may use the B57 bus for connections between Smith-9th Sts and Carroll Street stations, where F and G service is available. Customers may also use the B61 for connections between Smith-9th Sts and 4th Avenue-9th Street stations where F, G and R trains are available.

When the Smith-9th Sts station reopens in Spring 2012, customers will be welcomed with a new and expanded street level control house, new architectural metal panel escalator enclosure, and rehabilitated stairs and platforms. The station will also have new lighting, public address and CCTV systems. This work will be done in coordination with the Culver Viaduct Rehabilitation and 4th Avenue Interlocking Signal Modernization.

Customers may visit our website at http://www.mta.info and click on "Planned Service Changes" for information or sign up for free email and text message alerts. Remember, TripPlanner provides information that takes weekend service diversions into account. In addition, our Travel Information line may be reached at 718-330-1234 daily, between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. for assistance with travel plans.

http://mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=110617-NYCT74

Not to repeat myself but the area of Western end of Park Slope and Red Hook that use are being screwed. The (MTA) should have provided at least weekdays a shuttle bus that ran between 4th Ave/9th St and Carroll to help out both the (B57) and (B75).:mad::tdown:

Not Park Slope so much, but the southern end of Cobble Hill for sure. Unfortunately, the work needs to get done.

Not to repeat myself but the area of Western end of Park Slope and Red Hook that use are being screwed. The (MTA) should have provided at least weekdays a shuttle bus that ran between 4th Ave/9th St and Carroll to help out both the (B57) and (B75).:mad::tdown:

I see and do you have the buses and money for the B/O's to do it since it's a "free" shuttle bus.

I see and do you have the buses and money for the B/O's to do it since it's a "free" shuttle bus.

Well the (MTA) found the $$$ to provide shuttle bus for riders on the Pelham (6) line recently for their rehab work.

Again I suggested Dman a weekday Smith-9th shuttle bus because a route like the (B57) and to small degree the (B61) could be stuck in traffic

creating bus bunching.

On weekends and overnights (B57) is not running, the (B61)can handle it fine as long as the headways was increased to every 20-30 minutes during owl hours.

Guest lance25
Well the (MTA) found the $$$ to provide shuttle bus for riders on the Pelham (6) line recently for their rehab work.

Maybe I'm misremembering the details, but I was under the impression that the (Bx4)(A) and (Bx27) buses, not official shuttle buses, were picking up the slack with free boarding in effect at Elder Av and St. Lawrence Av.

@Brighton Local: the Coney Island-bound LOCAL track and Manhattan/Queens Bound EXPRESS tracks are bring used.

To add on, the B61 will be operating every 20 minutes at night. Normally it operates every 40 minutes.

Maybe this was a mistake, but a day after this was announced, I was on an F train that skipped it toward Manhattan but when I was heading home in the evening it stopped there. There was an inaudible announcement and a 2 minute pause before opening the doors. If the stairs are closed off how did the people who got off there leave the station?

:confused:

The first day of the closure there were rampant reports of customers on the s/b plat at Smith-9 (went through there twice with a supervisor but no one was found. N/b is easy, they took down the bridge leading from the temp platform to the station. The (6) shuttle bus runs because late at night there is no Bx4 for a few hours.

You know this closure was announced back in 2007, yet there are a-holes complaining about it. Of all the many and many posters the Culver line has, I just don't understand people who do not bother reading them.

Maybe I'm misremembering the details, but I was under the impression that the (Bx4)(A) and (Bx27) buses, not official shuttle buses, were picking up the slack with free boarding in effect at Elder Av and St. Lawrence Av.

I think this was said already, but the Bx4/A doesn't run late night, and the Bx27 only runs from Clasons Point to W'Chester/Morrison Av (6) after like 8pm.

They have no third rail but they have the new signals ready on both tracks the the south bound train just by pass

B4 has been in use for some time now between 4th Av and Smith-9th St. It had been in use from N/O Ditmas Av to S/O Carroll St while B2 was OOS. Also, the signals on B4 are only temporary. B3, the S/B express is still closed but is connected the whole way through and has been used by project trains dropping off equipment.

No, they closed the N/B platform for 6 months but they had a temp. platform so all trains still stopped there. This fall they will do the same thing for S/B trains. It's a major transfer point so they can't have one direction skip the station.

Again I suggested Dman a weekday Smith-9th shuttle bus because a route like the (B57) and to small degree the (B61) could be stuck in traffic

creating bus bunching.

On weekends and overnights (B57) is not running, the (B61)can handle it fine as long as the headways was increased to every 20-30 minutes during owl hours.

Please check the B57 schedule on the MTA website. It runs 7 days a week, but does not run overnights.

Archived