*Ring Ring* MTA if you are listening/watching...

The Real

Ok, so we're knee deep into this decal deal. But there seems to be NO consistency to how the high floor artic buses are being done. Ok, so it seems you have settled into the 5705/5702/5635 look over the 5693 look and that is fine. BUT PUPAJESUS, get it right!

Below is how (If they are gonna keep this up) the D60HF's decals SHOULD be applied....

nymta-d60hf.jpg

(Of course click to enlarge for the full effect) At least this way the ads won't cover the name and logo and it carries more of the Low Floor look that this represents than what is being put on these buses.

This is so unacceptable:

NYCB_NFI_5635b.jpg

NYCB_NFI_5705.jpg

Sorry to burst everybody's bubbles, but the average passenger does not care about decals and stripes. The bus could be purple with puke green polka dots and bunny ears growing out of the tail pipe, and that would be fine as long as it takes them safely from Here to There.

Agreed, people won't say "THAT BUS IS SOOO UGLY!!"

Btw, can I have that in paper bus form?

5635 is just a new level of ugly, and it must have taken an idiot to put the badging stickers right where they could be covered by ads. 5693 didn't even look too bad either...

Your design just seems like common sense, but the MTA...

Agreed, people won't say "THAT BUS IS SOOO UGLY!!"

Btw, can I have that in paper bus form?

Beg to differ, I've heard regular passengers comment on buses looks, hell you've even got passengers in the Ulmer Park route district that won't set foot on an LFS...

So you tell me if curb appeal doesn't matter in the transportation industry, because guess what, it does!

5635 is just a new level of ugly, and it must have taken an idiot to put the badging stickers right where they could be covered by ads. 5693 didn't even look too bad either...

Your design just seems like common sense, but the MTA...

It is a shame too, I remember 5635 back in 1999 or around then on the M15. It looked a lot better back then than it does now. MTA should've left the original 'design' alone.

Also what is the point of these new 'designs' with the blue stripe being placed lower? It makes no sense for a hf bus. I understand for the lf buses, but hf? wth?

Also what is the point of these new 'designs' with the blue stripe being placed lower? It makes no sense for a hf bus. I understand for the lf buses, but hf? wth?

IMO the blue stripe should be just under the main window line for all buses. Only then should they fill in the empty space with black vinyl, not create a new "window line" like seen above. That's why it works on a low floor bus even though the rear windows are smaller, and that's why 5693's scheme works better than the rest of the schemes on the D60s.

IMO the blue stripe should be just under the main window line for all buses. Only then should they fill in the empty space with black vinyl, not create a new "window line" like seen above. That's why it works on a low floor bus even though the rear windows are smaller, and that's why 5693's scheme works better than the rest of the schemes on the D60s.

We all feel that way that 5693's scheme is the way to go, but it seems more and more like 5705's style is what they are gonna go with, so if they are going to keep out with the madness, at least apply it correctly!

What I'm also noticing that the MTA Bus decal units (Being done by College Point) are uniform and all pretty much look the same, but the units being done by NYC Bus (Zerega) all have differences in the way the vinyl is being applied and fleet number styles, where is the uniformity.

What I'm also noticing that the MTA Bus decal units (Being done by College Point) are uniform and all pretty much look the same, but the units being done by NYC Bus (Zerega) all have differences in the way the vinyl is being applied and fleet number styles, where is the uniformity.

Take into consideration that CP is only applying decals to OG buses. With the exception of the fleet number on the front, NYCT's OGs have the exact same scheme as MTAB's.

Take into consideration that CP is only applying decals to OG buses. With the exception of the fleet number on the front, NYCT's OGs have the exact same scheme as MTAB's.

Yeah, but its noticeably different who's doing what. CP is keep it uniform across all buses done. Zerega is just, I D K and then now they throw in a curve ball with 6792 missing the black all together, its like ok, NYCB get it in gear and lets get some uniformity.

Yeah, but its noticeably different who's doing what. CP is keep it uniform across all buses done. Zerega is just, I D K and then now they throw in a curve ball with 6792 missing the black all together, its like ok, NYCB get it in gear and lets get some uniformity.

6792 is white with a straight across blue stripe as well? I thought only 6742 was the only one

And then there are the ones that are still being painted with the old scheme. There was a thread a few days ago that had both fresh decals and fresh repaints in it. It's like they can't even make up their minds on that issue.

And then there are the ones that are still being painted with the old scheme. There was a thread a few days ago that had both fresh decals and fresh repaints in it. It's like they can't even make up their minds on that issue.

Yes you do still have buses being painted instead of decal'd and that is mainly to exasperate the remain supply of blue paint in the system, Once all the paint exasperated, then it will be 100% decal mayhem!

The only paint that will be in the system will be white.

Archived