July schedules

Amtrak7

LRG mean (M5) Limited stop service never ran on weekends. Right before the doomsday cuts last year, there was talk that the (MTA) was about to make the (M5) a 7-day full time limited between 72/Bway and 14th Street.

Okay, I just had a flash back of hanging out w/my friend Angelo right by where the M5s used to terminate and that was certainly on the weekend. I'm still fuzzy on limited stop weekend service on the M5 though, but I guess you're right. I just can't remember for sure. If that's indeed the case, then that may explain why I used to flock to the M104s on the weekends to get from Columbus Circle to the X1 or X10. Either way the M5 currently sucks!! :mad:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah well you said the same thing about the BXM2 and I certainly see folks riding it on the weekends, so while ridership may not be that high, it is certainly not low enough to not justify having Sunday service and I would NOT axe BXM2 weekend service. Let the Riverdale folks have their three express buses, as they need them. :)

I do however agree that some X17 Sunday service would be great. It would take some of the pressure off of the X1 and X10.

My main point why i suggested Sunday BXM2 be canned is that riders on Riverdale Ave have other mass transit options unlike SI or rest of the city's outerboros. Saturday BXM2 would remain the same. They include

1)Metro North to Grand Central

2)Take the BXM1(which would run every 30 minutes most of the day on weekends)to the East Side and take a crosstown bus back to West Midtown.

3)Take the (BX7) to 168th/Bway and transfer to the (M2) (M3) (M4) (M5) to get to Midtown.

4)Use The BXM3 as well.

That my point Garbaldi. I thought you be more mad at Riverdale residents since they alone in that neighborhood have '3' full time 7-day Manhattan routes. While SI only has '2' full time 7-day a week routes.

My main point why i suggested Sunday BXM2 be canned is that riders on Riverdale Ave have other mass transit options unlike SI or rest of the city's outerboros. Saturday BXM2 would remain the same. They include

1)Metro North to Grand Central

2)Take the BXM1(which would run every 30 minutes most of the day on weekends)to the East Side and take a crosstown bus back to West Midtown.

3)Take the (BX7) to 168th/Bway and transfer to the (M2) (M3) (M4) (M5) to get to Midtown.

4)Use The BXM3 as well.

That my point Garbaldi. I thought you be more mad at Riverdale residents since they alone in that neighborhood have '3' full time 7-day Manhattan routes. While SI only has '2' full time 7-day a week routes.

No, I certainly would not be mad at Riverdale residents. In fact I am happy that they have it. We need more areas like Riverdale with successful express bus service and strong ridership and that's why I'll continue to support Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights and Bensonhurst residents in their push to restore weekend service on the X27/X28.

I now receive updates from Senator Golden via e-mail/Facebook so as to keep abreast of what he's up to, which includes the latest on the X27/X28, for which the push for weekend service restoration is ongoing.

I'm a strong believer in express bus riders sticking together because a strong express bus network benefits all of us express bus riders IMO. :cool:

Off the top of my head, I'm still amazed that the QM12 has made it this long without much elimination talk. Ridership is okay in the mornings but certianly paltry in the afternoons. You could even take the LIRR into the city for 50 cents less (off peak) and save some time. It's too bad Forest Hills is one of those neighborhoods with more political power.

If there are those who are adamant about keeping service along Yellowstone, I propose combining QM10 and QM12 service. Route as follows:

To Manhattan: Start at Crescent, left on 71, left on Metropolitan, right on Woodhaven, follow current route up Yellowstone to 63 Dr, right on 63 dr, then QM10 path to Midtown

Because I can't remember the exact path the QM10 takes through Lefrak, I'll just say that Queens bound buses serve Lefrak first, loop back to the Forest Hills side of the LIE, serve Rego Park, and follow the QM12 routing down Yellowstone back to crescent.

Off the top of my head, I'm still amazed that the QM12 has made it this long without much elimination talk. Ridership is okay in the mornings but certianly paltry in the afternoons. You could even take the LIRR into the city for 50 cents less (off peak) and save some time. It's too bad Forest Hills is one of those neighborhoods with more political power.

If there are those who are adamant about keeping service along Yellowstone, I propose combining QM10 and QM12 service. Route as follows:

To Manhattan: Start at Crescent, left on 71, left on Metropolitan, right on Woodhaven, follow current route up Yellowstone to 63 Dr, right on 63 dr, then QM10 path to Midtown

Because I can't remember the exact path the QM10 takes through Lefrak, I'll just say that Queens bound buses serve Lefrak first, loop back to the Forest Hills side of the LIE, serve Rego Park, and follow the QM12 routing down Yellowstone back to crescent.

That my point. The (MTA) knows what neighborhoods to 'pick on' i.e first to go in service cuts i.e East NY/most of Brooklyn versus not to pick on i.e politically connected 'hoods' like Forest Hills, Throgs Neck and Riverdale.

Your mergering the QM10/QM12 sounds like a good idea. Just maybe needs some revisions.

Some restorations:

x1 overnight service

Q79 6AM-9PM, rush hour every 20 minutes, other times hourly.

x29, x90 restored, but with fewer trips. x90 discontinued when SAS Phase 1 opens.

The X29 deserved to be eliminated. It is the rare express bus route that I dislike. It's within walking distance of the Brighton line and not too far from the BM3. The X90 never should've been eliminated. It is a nice alternative to the crush loaded Lexington Avenue line. I'm not sure if the X1 has the ridership to justify 24/7 service. Keep in mind, it is in both directions. For example, how many people would ride a X1 from Hylan Blvd to Midtown at 2:30 AM on a Wednesday morning? The Q76 should have Saturday service restored.

1)Create a new "B51" route between 4th Ave/9th St (F)(R)(G) and Chambers-BMCC College via Smith-Court Sts.

2)Extend the (M8) via Avenue A and Williamsburg Bridge to Willie B Bus terminal weekdays.

I like the B51 and M8 ideas. The M8 idea in particular is good, since it connects two "hipster" neighborhoods while restoring bus service on the Williamsburg Bridge.

Yeah well you said the same thing about the BXM2 and I certainly see folks riding it on the weekends, so while ridership may not be that high, it is certainly not low enough to not justify having Sunday service and I would NOT axe BXM2 weekend service. Let the Riverdale folks have their three express buses, as they need them. :P

I do however agree that some X17 Sunday service would be great. It would take some of the pressure off of the X1 and X10.

true but x28 weekend service has no demand i know I used it I was alone most of the time

The Q76 should have Saturday service restored.

I forgot about that. Yes, that part of Queens needs a bus. Maybe even hourly Sunday service.

Riverdale express bus service is a good example of an express bus system in the rush hour. There are buses to all the different parts of Manhattan, and they are well-used. I don't know about midday/evening use, but weekend service is a bit excessive. Reducing Saturday service to hourly each route/half hourly combined would be the most obvious thing to do. As the MTA has admitted, BxM2 ridership has dropped significantly over the past few years. Even then, its weekend numbers are high enough to justify keeping the route. Weekend QM4, BM4, BM5 needs to go before any Bronx routes are touched in terms of total or weekend eliminations. (frequency and span reductions I support though) The worst BxM route is BxM3 Sunday, IIRC.

Also, the MTA should review weekend express bus spans of service. In general, the first inbound should get to NYC around 7 or 8 AM, the first outbound should reach its terminal around 10 AM. Outbound weekend express bus service should really continue as late as 8-9 PM, otherwise ridership would just plummet from people going into Manhattan to have fun not being able to take the bus.

x27/x28 weekend service doesn't need to come back, except maybe hourly Saturday x27 service. Don't give in to the politicians, MTA!

I forgot about that. Yes, that part of Queens needs a bus. Maybe even hourly Sunday service.

Riverdale express bus service is a good example of an express bus system in the rush hour. There are buses to all the different parts of Manhattan, and they are well-used. I don't know about midday/evening use, but weekend service is a bit excessive. Reducing Saturday service to hourly each route/half hourly combined would be the most obvious thing to do. As the MTA has admitted, BxM2 ridership has dropped significantly over the past few years. Even then, its weekend numbers are high enough to justify keeping the route. Weekend QM4, BM4, BM5 needs to go before any Bronx routes are touched in terms of total or weekend eliminations. (frequency and span reductions I support though) The worst BxM route is BxM3 Sunday, IIRC.

Also, the MTA should review weekend express bus spans of service. In general, the first inbound should get to NYC around 7 or 8 AM, the first outbound should reach its terminal around 10 AM. Outbound weekend express bus service should really continue as late as 8-9 PM, otherwise ridership would just plummet from people going into Manhattan to have fun not being able to take the bus.

x27/x28 weekend service doesn't need to come back, except maybe hourly Saturday x27 service. Don't give in to the politicians, MTA!

BM5 only runs on saturdays cause its literally in front of the garage plus its cheaper to run a BM5 run then interline it with another BM rte in manhattan than to DH the empty bus along a similar route to manhattan so it can become a BM bus. That is why BM5 runs on weekends.

The QM4 shouldn't even run outside rush hour. In fact, I would combine it with the Fresh Meadow bus and have the QM5 run super express on the LIE from 188 Street to Midtown.

How would that combination work? A big loop for Jewel Av passengers?

The weekday service is pretty good for an MTA Bus route. The weekend service performs horribly (though I often see one or two seniors catching the bus at its origin). Is midday ridership really that bad?

Don't feel like quoting a bunch of posts right now, so I'll just make a mass comment....

- To whoever proposed a combination of the QM10 & QM12, I can agree with that... give those folks hourly service (including off peak) in the process, which would actually be a service increase for both sets of riders.... The QM11 can remain as the downtown variant, running on the current service level that it does....

- Riverdale itself doesn't need 3 express routes; the area's not that dense.... If I were a Bensonhurst/Bath Beach/Bay Ridge express bus rider, I would be advocating for east side & west side service just like those folks in Riverdale get.... Anyway, however, I agree that gettin rid of gettin weekend service on either the BxM1 or BxM2 isn't justified; well at least saturday service anyway.... I simply don't know about its usage on sundays....

- The B51 I feel, should pan no further than downtown on the Brooklyn end.... and yeah, as I brought up many times before, an extension to BMCC on the Manhattan end...

The B4 (Sheepshead), B64 (Coney Island), Q79, Q74 should all be fully restored...

The B39 @ this stage in the game, I would support an M15 spur over the bridge into Brooklyn (WBP)... especially now that the city hall branch has been lifted.... as for those short turns at Pike, 1/2 the runs that currently end there would remain, and the other 1/2 would be the runs that would serve Brooklyn....

- It's shown that (south) Brooklyn doesn't/didn't want service along the Nassau; a (J)(Z) extension past Broad st isn't warranted... Those trains fill up quick in that part of Manhattan anyway, so let's not compromise that subway line(s) any further....

I took new pattern on (M50) today after saying "Happy July 4th" to my NYWY B/O Friend at Pier 79. It was much quicker, and after 2nd Av, there were few people still were confused.

New last stop is at 49th St/1st Av which is first stop and similar to what (M96) does at 97th St/1st Av.

Don't feel like quoting a bunch of posts right now, so I'll just make a mass comment....

- To whoever proposed a combination of the QM10 & QM12, I can agree with that... give those folks hourly service (including off peak) in the process, which would actually be a service increase for both sets of riders.... The QM11 can remain as the downtown variant, running on the current service level that it does....

- Riverdale itself doesn't need 3 express routes; the area's not that dense.... If I were a Bensonhurst/Bath Beach/Bay Ridge express bus rider, I would be advocating for east side & west side service just like those folks in Riverdale get.... Anyway, however, I agree that gettin rid of gettin weekend service on either the BxM1 or BxM2 isn't justified; well at least saturday service anyway.... I simply don't know about its usage on sundays....

- The B51 I feel, should pan no further than downtown on the Brooklyn end.... and yeah, as I brought up many times before, an extension to BMCC on the Manhattan end...

The B4 (Sheepshead), B64 (Coney Island), Q79, Q74 should all be fully restored...

The B39 @ this stage in the game, I would support an M15 spur over the bridge into Brooklyn (WBP)... especially now that the city hall branch has been lifted.... as for those short turns at Pike, 1/2 the runs that currently end there would remain, and the other 1/2 would be the runs that would serve Brooklyn....

- It's shown that (south) Brooklyn doesn't/didn't want service along the Nassau; a (J)(Z) extension past Broad st isn't warranted... Those trains fill up quick in that part of Manhattan anyway, so let's not compromise that subway line(s) any further....

B51 to BMCC err ppl bound for BMCC use the A/C lines or 2/3

B51 to BMCC err ppl bound for BMCC use the A/C lines or 2/3

the 2/3 isn't any faster b/w Chambers & Jay than the B51 is goin over the bridge.... Students will take that into Downtown Brooklyn if they know such a service exists.... I can almost guarantee it...

besides that, we know you have a bias about the route.... I don't wanna hear this bulls*** again, about its riders....

don't think I forgot about that....

I think I can see that happening....the ridership will somewhat increase. Since no one complained to extend the B51 from City Hall-Park Row to BMCC...!

LOL... Nice try but believe me we're like the cat w/nine lives. If the (MTA) had its way they would've gotten rid of the X27/X28 entirely, but thanks to Senator Golden fighting the (MTA) tooth and nail they have only been able to kill off weekend service... For now that is... :P Boy you're lucky I have a daytime job, otherwise I would be out personally boarding X27 and X28 express buses getting signatures to fully restore weekend service, but even w/my crazy schedule I'm still going to try to spread the word around via e-mail and Facebook. My old boss is a good friend of mine and he has a condo down in Bay Ridge w/his wife and kid and I know for sure that he uses the X37 since I've seen him waiting there for it on 23rd.

I should shoot him an e-mail and see if he has made any contact w/any regulars on the line to see if we can stir the pot a bit more. :cool:

Hell that's the least I owe him for constantly telling him that he should ditch Brooklyn Heights and move to Bay Ridge. :(

This was before weekend servive was axed of course. And to think I was so close to moving on Shore Rd myself...

LOL... Nice try but believe me we're like the cat w/nine lives. If the (MTA) had its way they would've gotten rid of the X27/X28 entirely, but thanks to Senator Golden fighting the (MTA) tooth and nail they have only been able to kill off weekend service... For now that is... :P Boy you're lucky I have a daytime job, otherwise I would be out personally boarding X27 and X28 express buses getting signatures to fully restore weekend service, but even w/my crazy schedule I'm still going to try to spread the word around via e-mail and Facebook. My old boss is a good friend of mine and he has a condo down in Bay Ridge w/his wife and kid and I know for sure that he uses the X37 since I've seen him waiting there for it on 23rd.

I should shoot him an e-mail and see if he has made any contact w/any regulars on the line to see if we can stir the pot a bit more. :cool:

Hell that's the least I owe him for constantly telling him that he should ditch Brooklyn Heights and move to Bay Ridge. :(

This was before weekend servive was axed of course. And to think I was so close to moving on Shore Rd myself...

MTA would be foolish to kill off a high ridership express route now a weak one like QM3 or BM4 are easier to kill due to ridership BUT only QM3 is useless. BM4 serves isolated area it can't die even with low ridership.

LOL... Nice try but believe me we're like the cat w/nine lives. If the (MTA) had its way they would've gotten rid of the X27/X28 entirely, but thanks to Senator Golden fighting the (MTA) tooth and nail they have only been able to kill off weekend service... For now that is... B) Boy you're lucky I have a daytime job, otherwise I would be out personally boarding X27 and X28 express buses getting signatures to fully restore weekend service, but even w/my crazy schedule I'm still going to try to spread the word around via e-mail and Facebook. My old boss is a good friend of mine and he has a condo down in Bay Ridge w/his wife and kid and I know for sure that he uses the X37 since I've seen him waiting there for it on 23rd.

Hell that's the least I owe him for constantly telling him that he should ditch Brooklyn Heights and move to Bay Ridge. B)

I have elderly relatives who live on Shore Rd and can't easily walk to the (R)... but they never complain about walking to the B16.

Gerritsen Beach needs to pick one: getting overnight bus service back, or saving the off-peak BM4. If the overnight was restored, then run it hourly and a bit more BM3 service. The argument about an isolated community is one that applies to local service with outside connections, not express bus service unless that express bus was well used.

I have elderly relatives who live on Shore Rd and can't easily walk to the (R)... but they never complain about walking to the B16.

Gerritsen Beach needs to pick one: getting overnight bus service back, or saving the off-peak BM4. If the overnight was restored, then run it hourly and a bit more BM3 service. The argument about an isolated community is one that applies to local service with outside connections, not express bus service unless that express bus was well used.

lol... Yeah, they're one of the few that don't and they're lucky to have the B16 there on Shore Rd. I had checked out a place on Shore Rd and 92nd and boy am I glad I didn't move there because I would be beyond pissed with no weekend express bus service. I mean who wants to schlepp over to 86th street in that dungeon of a station (although they finally put some tiles on the walls and made it look a little less sewer like) but still. The (R) is the slowest train on earth and never seems to connect to the (N) express. B)

As for Gerritsen Beach, with the limited amount of the BM4 service that they get, I see no need for them to pick one or the other. They have the least service out of the BM buses (BM1 and BM3), so they have certainly given up a lot of terms of service, and losing the B31 overnight service was just adding insult to injury.

That's one thing that annoys me with the (R)...the (R) on weekends stands for ®EALLY SLOW AND ®OTTEN, especially since the (R) now runs alone on Queens Boulevard since the (G) was cut back full-time. At least Queens Boulevard has the Q60 bus and express bus service as alternatives but the alternatives in Brooklyn absolutely suck during certain times of the day and the week.

During the instances I go to Manhattan from 86th Street I usually go to 36th Street where my chances of catching an express train are better, but I still hate it when the trains don't connect.

lol... Yeah, they're one of the few that don't and they're lucky to have the B16 there on Shore Rd. I had checked out a place on Shore Rd and 92nd and boy am I glad I didn't move there because I would be beyond pissed with no weekend express bus service. I mean who wants to schlepp over to 86th street in that dungeon of a station (although they finally put some tiles on the walls and made it look a little less sewer like) but still. The (R) is the slowest train on earth and never seems to connect to the (N) express. B)

As for Gerritsen Beach, with the limited amount of the BM4 service that they get, I see no need for them to pick one or the other. They have the least service out of the BM buses (BM1 and BM3), so they have certainly given up a lot of terms of service, and losing the B31 overnight service was just adding insult to injury.

I'll get back to you.

I agree with the S79, X1 and B64 ideas and the X27/X28 should be fully restored on both Saturday and Sunday with 30 minute headways for the heavier parts of the day and hourly headways outside of that.

BTW, I've been keeping tabs on the BXM2 since you've been complaining about cutting Sunday service and I am usually in areas in the city where it runs. Yesterday after a late brunch at one of my Belgian spots in Chelsea accompanied by some good drinks B), I headed up to the Upper West Side to catch a movie and then walked up by Columbus and 78th to relax by the park there and read my Italian newspaper and see what new restaurants and specialty stores were opening. On my way to Columbus Circle to grab some things from Whole Foods, I spotted a BXM2 around 20:30 or so and it had a decent amount of people on it (maybe ~10 or so) which isn't bad for that late at night going to the city. That's about what I see on most of the BXM buses around that time on Sunday. Of course ridership fluctuates and considering that it was July 4th and many people were out of the city, I'd say that isn't terrible.

30 minute headways is way too much for the X27/X28, especially on Sundays. They could bring back Saturday service to the X27 at 60 minute headways and forget about the X28.

Some restorations:

B4 midday and every other evening/weekend trip goes to Sheepshead Bay.

M21 weekend service with the new route. 7:30AM to 10:30PM, every 20 min.

x1 overnight service

Q79 6AM-9PM, rush hour every 20 minutes, other times hourly.

x29, x90 restored, but with fewer trips. x90 discontinued when SAS Phase 1 opens.

M1 weekend service extended down to 96th St

M6 restored south of 34th St, M5 terminates at 14th St

(J) or (Z) to 9 Av to replace (Mx)

As BrooklynBus said, going to the Sheepshead Bay station would actually save them money (it's the same distance off-peak, and during rush hours, buses don't have to make the loop along Shore Parkway). And obviously, it would allow a two-way transfer to the B68, as well as a connection to the B49 and (B(Q trains.

I think the B4 should be restored to Knapp Street full-time, except for maybe the late evening (say, after 10PM). I'd actually want to extend it down Knapp Street and Avenue U to Kings Plaza to serve more of Sheepshead Bay and connect to another ridership generator.

I agree with the weekend M21 restoration. The West Village has no crosstown service (the eastern part has the subway as somewhat of an alternative). I think the M8 should have weekend service every 20 minutes as well.

Agree with the X1, Q79, M1, M6 and X29/X90.

I don't think that part of Brooklyn needs the Nassau Street service. Some extra (R) service should suffice (maybe (M) service could be reduced a bit to keep it cost-neutral)

Replies to Amtrak and Garbaldi.

The (J or (Z would be way too long between Jamaica Center and SW Brooklyn (either 95th or Bay Parkway)as not like the (F) that goes 'express' a long way. Instead maybe a Brown (R) running between Chambers and 95th or Bay Parkway better idea.

No need to restore the X29 as the BM3 is a replacement. If the X90 returned it should be a (M98) type super 'limited' say between York/92nd St and Lower Manhattan peak direction only.

M1 should be retstored and run on weekends at least to/from Penn Station. Only overnight service if needed should be cut on the (M1).

I don't think the M6 is coming back. And very little chance for the old (Q79). Instead i picture the (MTA) extending either the (Q46) Glen Oaks Branch or the "Q30" up Little Neck Pwy as a semi replacement.

And Garbaldi is still stubborn and never gives up on Sunday X27/28 service even if has zero riders on most of it's trips. Not worth discussing again he won't change his mind even with the facts point the X27/28 should only have Saturday service. If anything the X17 needs Sunday aka full 7 day a week service more.

Actually, I had a plan to make Glen Oaks a main terminal for that area. The Q12, Q30, Q36, and Q46 would all end there (of course, most Q12/Q36 buses would end at their current terminals, with only a few ending at Glen Oaks)

Yeah well you said the same thing about the BXM2 and I certainly see folks riding it on the weekends, so while ridership may not be that high, it is certainly not low enough to not justify having Sunday service and I would NOT axe BXM2 weekend service. Let the Riverdale folks have their three express buses, as they need them. B)

With the alternatives of Metro-North, the (1) and the remaining two express buses, they need the excess express buses?

I would have the BxM1/BxM2 run every 60 minutes each, so they still have service to the different parts of Midtown, but not excess service.

No, I certainly would not be mad at Riverdale residents. In fact I am happy that they have it. We need more areas like Riverdale with successful express bus service and strong ridership and that's why I'll continue to support Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights and Bensonhurst residents in their push to restore weekend service on the X27/X28.

I now receive updates from Senator Golden via e-mail/Facebook so as to keep abreast of what he's up to, which includes the latest on the X27/X28, for which the push for weekend service restoration is ongoing.

I'm a strong believer in express bus riders sticking together because a strong express bus network benefits all of us express bus riders IMO. :cool:

I don't think most Riverdale residents care about South Brooklyn riders and vice versa.

Like I said, I'm all for keeping those routes if they can get the ridership high enough to justify the service.

Agreed!

And I think the Q76 should have 7-day service. That part of Queens is left with no north-south service at all (and it wasn't even that expensive to run)

In a way, South Brooklyn doesn't really need the East/West Midtown service since the buses go straight down the middle on Madison/5th Avenue. I don't think there is any better way to run the service (there's activity in East Midtown, but not as much in West Midtown)

LOL... Nice try but believe me we're like the cat w/nine lives. If the (MTA) had its way they would've gotten rid of the X27/X28 entirely, but thanks to Senator Golden fighting the (MTA) tooth and nail they have only been able to kill off weekend service... For now that is... :o Boy you're lucky I have a daytime job, otherwise I would be out personally boarding X27 and X28 express buses getting signatures to fully restore weekend service, but even w/my crazy schedule I'm still going to try to spread the word around via e-mail and Facebook. My old boss is a good friend of mine and he has a condo down in Bay Ridge w/his wife and kid and I know for sure that he uses the X37 since I've seen him waiting there for it on 23rd.

Hell that's the least I owe him for constantly telling him that he should ditch Brooklyn Heights and move to Bay Ridge. :o

What are you talking about? The farebox recovery ratio of the X27/X28 is better than a decent number of local bus routes.

I suggested that the B9 (which connects directly to the (N) ) have some trips extended down Shore Road, but he accused me of "cheating them out of express service". If there is low ridership on the weekends, and the issue is that the (R) is slow, the obvious solution is to get to the (N).

lol... Yeah, they're one of the few that don't and they're lucky to have the B16 there on Shore Rd. I had checked out a place on Shore Rd and 92nd and boy am I glad I didn't move there because I would be beyond pissed with no weekend express bus service. I mean who wants to schlepp over to 86th street in that dungeon of a station (although they finally put some tiles on the walls and made it look a little less sewer like) but still. The (R) is the slowest train on earth and never seems to connect to the (N) express. :(

They lost it (the runs on the BM4 and the overnight B31) because there wasn't enough ridership for it. That's like saying that the fact that Amtrak7 only has 60 minute N79 service and no LIRR service is adding insult to injury: I'm sure his family had an idea of what they were in for when they moved to Plainview: There isn't the ridership to support that much service.

Archived