What's your favorite sports arena/stadium?

JubaionBx12+SBS

What professional sporting venue do you like best?

For me it's Yankee Stadium because of it's proximity to public transit and the fact that the Yankees are a good team making the games there very exciting. I'm looking forward to see how MSG looks after the renovation.

OLD yankee stadium and AT&T park

would love to have seen the polo grounds back in the day

i'll add historic wahconah park to this list also. Pics below the jump:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wahconah_-_Exterior_Far_640T.jpg

pfield4.jpg

36879169.jpg?redirect_counter=1

waconah_06_scoreboard.jpg

1st for me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mcg_melb.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d6/MCG_2009_Haw_Ess_Panorama.jpg/1000px-MCG_2009_Haw_Ess_Panorama.jpg

It's close to two train stations(Richmond and Jolimont) and near two tram stops(Stop 7B and 7C on the number 70 tram)

2nd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFL_Park

Wooden seats, Orange and black scoreboards.

3rd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docklands_Stadium

It's better with the roof open. But compaired to AFL/VFL park and the G it doesn't rate that highly. With the roof closed it feels like a grassed gym.

Rexall Place up in Edmonton. Love watching the Oilers play up there. The New Yankees Stadium is nice, esp. when sitting along by the right field line. :cool: I also like San Siro in Milan and the Bell Centre up in Montréal. :cool:

Until few years ago, Garibaldi it was know in the Wayne Gretzy/Mark Messier days as the Edmonton Northlands Colseium. Ditto for Rogers Center in Toronto formerly Skydome and Rogers arena In Van known until recently as General Motors Place.

I know it's here to stay but I am not a fan of forunate 500 companies having naming rights to stadiums.

I say my favorites (i been all over the US and Canada)are Staples Center in LA, the old Yankee Stadium, (yet to see a game at the new one)and Camden Yards. Citifield is nice but of the all of the new old school baseball parks bulit in last 15 years, I really love Camden Yards.

And I am not even an Orioles fan.

Just my takes.

Until few years ago, Garibaldi it was know in the Wayne Gretzy/Mark Messier days as the Edmonton Northlands Colseium. Ditto for Rogers Center in Toronto formerly Skydome and Rogers arena In Van known until recently as General Motors Place.

I know it's here to stay but I am not a fan of forunate 500 companies having naming rights to stadiums.

I say my favorites (i been all over the US and Canada)are Staples Center in LA, the old Yankee Stadium, (yet to see a game at the new one)and Camden Yards. Citifield is nice but of the all of the new old school baseball parks bulit in last 15 years, I really love Camden Yards.

And I am not even an Orioles fan.

Just my takes.

Yeah, the Oilers are always fun to watch. They play an open style offensive game and the ice is great there too (probably the best in the league) so I try to catch them as much as possible. I'll probably subscribe to the NHL package again for the new season. :cool:

Nassau Coliseum LOL JK its a shithole

I agree. The Coliseum is maybe the one of the worst buldings in North America still standing. Don't worry my friend. By 2015, the Islanders will be playing either in a new arena. Or by then they have left LI and playing out of town i.e Kansas City, Seattle, Portland or somewhere in Canada like Hamilton, Ontario.

Tommorow 8/1 voters in LI, will vote to provide funding for a new $300 Million dollar plus arena for the Islanders.

Archived