Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

I took the exam yesterday and on the fourth floor I stopped and had a conversation with an employee from that floor. She informed me 2301 is MABTSOA. I too was understanding the 2301 was MTA. So when I finally went to the lobby I also asked the customer service lady behind the long glass window and she double checks a memo and also confirms that 2301 is MABTSOA. I HOPE THEY ARE BOTH MISTAKEN. BUT MABTSOA operators are not just serving Manhattan and Bronx anymore from what MABTSOA drivers are saying. Besides MABTSOA has the RED I'd cards. I'm hearing MTA is merging with MABTSOA. I'm just going by what's being told to me by actual employees (both personel and drivers.

well I hope they're both wrong because that plays a HUGE decision for me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would prefer MTA I believe they are a larger fleet and growing and could hire more of us. Besides I don't want be stuck to just driving Manhattan & Bronx. Anyhow I would be grateful for any route as a driver. I just want to work and earn the pension & benefits of having a career job. I also put the application in for 2613 exam in June.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know where the results are coming from. Though there was some early news that mentioned the guys who took the test in July and August we're supposed to get the results in December but because of Hurricane sandy I was told things set back and they should be getting the results in January sometime. Because I took the test in December I'm wondering if it will take six months also for my results.

My retest day due to hurricance sandy,is on January 17,2013.Initial test day was November 25,2012@1:30 pm.

Still don't know if I can take the Boss exam with My Delaware State Cdl.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I too have filed for the 2613 exam. I believe this test will be given by T.A. which means it should be a civil service bus exam. I picked up a copy of a Bus Operator test book by T.L.C. from my local library. This book contains many questions and answers to such tests. By the way Allday has your friend received any information about this exam yet? I filed and have not received or herd anything from T.A. as of yet!

I too have filed for the 2613 exam. I believe this test will be given by T.A. which means it should be a civil service bus exam. I picked up a copy of a Bus Operator test book by T.L.C. from my local library. This book contains many questions and answers to such tests. By the way Allday has your friend received any information about this exam yet? I filed and have not received or herd anything from T.A. as of yet!

Yes he received a letter to report to Fort Hamilton. It came from 130 Livingston street and it was a yellow letter. and thanks for the info I'll keep you updated on anything else that I find out.

just spoke with him he said his exam date is the 26th of this month at 9 30 in the morning. So hopefully you should be receiving something in the mail.

there's a 2316 forum that you might be interested in. maybe you can get the answers that you're looking for from that forum.

I have a question : my random number 13118 is it possible i would take the exam this year. I already have my CDL permit. I'm Just patiently waitin to take the exam

There was information recorded at 347-643-7221 saying that they were testing the first 6900 + numbers through December. This started from list number 1 which began in July of 2012. Now that's almost 7000 list numbers tested in 2 seperate callings. the recorded message left information that they would be calling more this year in 2013 so I imagine you should be getting an exam date this year sometime within the next 2 calls.

I have a question : my random number 13118 is it possible i would take the exam this year. I already have my CDL permit. I'm Just patiently waitin to take the exam

347-643-7221 has information on a recorded message for you. It looks good for you to take the exam sometime this year in my opinion.

However I did recieve new date for December 12 2012. Funny. 12/12/12. hopefully taking the test on this rare number date will bring great luck for rare opportunity. I'm glad I didn't follow this format from the beginning of time when we were processing our applications. I say this because I can see how the anticipation has naturally driven us crazy. I read everyone's post through the whole entire thread from the beginning of this 2301 forum. I'm recalling the crazy moments most of you guys were going through. At first it was the countdown till September 27th of 2011. Then it was about peoples payments not being processed as expected. Then it was about when would everyone receive their randomn list numbers. The original 8 weeks turned out to be 16 weeks instead. Then leading up to the list numbers most people were getting. Then, trying to figure out how their listt numbers compared to list numbers with tests taken previouslyin the past. lol...lol... Now for some of you have now finally taken the BOSS exam this past July and August would give the mailman your first paycheck if he just bring you the results tomorrow. We are going to put more doctors in business. I can't blame anyone it is nerve wrecking. Good luck to all. I'm just happy to be is the second calling of the batch. I don't know what it means in the end. I had so many expected promises fall through in my past. I just pray to God I finally get a chance to be blessed with this opportunity to get this job. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSTS AND VALUABLE INFORMATION. I'd like to especially hear more from transitbx & co. On any insightful information they have.

However I did recieve new date for December 12 2012. Funny. 12/12/12. hopefully taking the test on this rare number date will bring great luck for rare opportunity. I'm glad I didn't follow this format from the beginning of time when we were processing our applications. I say this because I can see how the anticipation has naturally driven us crazy. I read everyone's post through the whole entire thread from the beginning of this 2301 forum. I'm recalling the crazy moments most of you guys were going through. At first it was the countdown till September 27th of 2011. Then it was about peoples payments not being processed as expected. Then it was about when would everyone receive their randomn list numbers. The original 8 weeks turned out to be 16 weeks instead. Then leading up to the list numbers most people were getting. Then, trying to figure out how their listt numbers compared to list numbers with tests taken previouslyin the past. lol...lol... Now for some of you have now finally taken the BOSS exam this past July and August would give the mailman your first paycheck if he just bring you the results tomorrow. We are going to put more doctors in business. I can't blame anyone it is nerve wrecking. Good luck to all. I'm just happy to be is the second calling of the batch. I don't know what it means in the end. I had so many expected promises fall through in my past. I just pray to God I finally get a chance to be blessed with this opportunity to get this job. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSTS AND VALUABLE INFORMATION. I'd like to especially hear more from transitbx & co. On any insightful information they have.

did your notice of exam come in yet?

Archived