Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the (MTA) website, I remember them posting that those who were scheduled for early November would be rescheduled for December.

MTA Bus Company Bus Operator, Exam No. 2301 (BOSS)

BOSS sessions scheduled between October 29 and November 9 are postponed. Candidates scheduled on those dates will be rescheduled for a later date in December. We will notify you by mail of your new test date and time by November 28.

BOSS sessions scheduled between November 13-28 are on schedule – please report as indicated on your letters.

On the (MTA) website, I remember them posting that those who were scheduled for early November would be rescheduled for December.

MTA Bus Company Bus Operator, Exam No. 2301 (BOSS)

BOSS sessions scheduled between October 29 and November 9 are postponed. Candidates scheduled on those dates will be rescheduled for a later date in December. We will notify you by mail of your new test date and time by November 28.

BOSS sessions scheduled between November 13-28 are on schedule – please report as indicated on your letters.

Thanks Master appreciate the feed back

• 2 weeks later...

My list# 5329. .. It has been a while since the application process ended on September 27th. 2011. I was scheduled for the BOSS exam on November 5th, 2012. It was a bummer walking into the lobby at 180 Livingston street 8:45am find out test given on that date would berescheduled

However I did recieve new date for December 12 2012. Funny. 12/12/12. hopefully taking the test on this rare number date will bring great luck for rare opportunity. I'm glad I didn't solve this format from the beginning of time when we were processing our applications. I say this because I can see how the anticipation once naturally driving us crazy. I read everyone's post the whole entire thread from the beginning this 2301. I'm recalling the crazy moments most of you guys were going through. At first it was the countdown till September 27th of 2011. Then it was about peoples payments not being processed on expected. It was about 1 would everyone receive the randomn list numbers. the 8 weeks turned out to be 16 weeks instead. Leading up to the numbers most people were getting. Then, trying to figure out how their listt numbers compared to numbers on past tests taken previously. lol...lol... Now for some of you have taken the BOSS exam this past July and August would give the mailman your first paycheck if he just bring you the results tomorrow. We are going to put more doctors in business. I can't blame anyone it is nerve wrecking. Good luck to all. I'm just happy to be is the second calling of the batch. I don't know what it means in the end. I had so many expected promises fall through in my past. I just pray to God I finally get a chance to be blessed with this opportunity to get this job. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSTS AND VALUABLE INFORMATION. I'd like to especially hear more from transitbx & co. On any insightful information they have.

I actually am a mailman so you can imagine how it is for me. every time I deliver something from 130 Livingston street to someone I myself hope I'm delivering good news to someone. then when I get home I'm disappointed still looking in the mail for my letter. oh well, I have to wait a little longer but you're right about the doctors make more money lol.

Considering that I have yet to receive a rescheduling letter and that phone number they told you to call instantly goes to voicemail, what should be my next course of action?

Leave a message. They don't usually answer. I can say when I left my message at several extensions my call was returned a few days later. But I can also say that was not always the case either. So if I were you in this case I'd go to 180 Livingston street personally and inquire. I was rescheduled also and received my new date to take the BOSS on 12/12/12. I was previously originally on 11/05/12 but hurricane Sandy messed that one up. Good luck. List # 5329

Hey Allday what's up brother? What was your list number? Mine is 5329. I really wonder if we stay with the same this number throughout the whole process or could your place in the process change after taking the BOSS exam? I'm aslo very curious how many driver positions they are looking to hire/ fill from this list.? .....well it's December and I wouldn't courage everyone to continue to post information. When you guys who have taken the exam already in July in August get your results let us know what takes place or how you did. Thanks to all. Continue to post now.

Hey Allday what's up brother? What was your list number? Mine is 5329. I really wonder if we stay with the same this number throughout the whole process or could your place in the process change after taking the BOSS exam? I'm aslo very curious how many driver positions they are looking to hire/ fill from this list.? .....well it's December and I wouldn't courage everyone to continue to post information. When you guys who have taken the exam already in July in August get your results let us know what takes place or how you did. Thanks to all. Continue to post now.

List # is 1783. Can't really give you an answer to your next 2 questions but will post whenever I receive my results letter. I'm driving my wife crazy with my impatience.

Took the exam today. On to the next waiting period. The lady told me 4-5 weeks but I know better because that's the same thing she told people who took the exam back in July and August and you guys are still waiting. lol. Anyhow in case anyone is interested I did ask about when the results for the July August

The word is as posted already the lady said to me today the results from the July and August exam are supposed to come in sometime in December and or January. I SAY GOOD LUCK TO THAT! lol. I thought to 2301 bus operator exam was for Capital MTA. To my surprise I found out today it's for MABTSOA. I was a bit disappointed to find out this information but then again I'm not sure if it really makes a difference. I was under the impression that I would prefer MTA but then again what do I know?

The word is as posted already the lady said to me today the results from the July and August exam are supposed to come in sometime in December and or January. I SAY GOOD LUCK TO THAT! lol. I thought to 2301 bus operator exam was for Capital MTA. To my surprise I found out today it's for MABTSOA. I was a bit disappointed to find out this information but then again I'm not sure if it really makes a difference. I was under the impression that I would prefer MTA but then again what do I know?

Who told you that the 2301 exam is Mabstoa? It clearly states that its for mta bus company.. Lets not get people confused..

Who told you that the 2301 exam is Mabstoa? It clearly states that its for mta bus company.. Lets not get people confused..

I'm not trying to confuse anyone. I was a bit disappointed myself as I too was strongly under the belief 2301 was MTA. I was told this 2301 exam is MABTSOA by two employees. I was at 180 Livingston street today to take the BOSS exam and just before I left the 4th floor I was speaking to an employee and when she told me 2301 is MABTSOA I was not only taken by surprise but also disappointed a bit. I went to the lobby customer service where we pick up he applications and asked the woman behind the window too. She looked at some memos she had and confirmed this. I wouldn't lie here like this because we all depend upon each other at this forum to pass on any helpful information we share. Hopefully they are both mistaken but I doubt it. The best bet is to check it out with human resources. I'm going to do the same but if this gets confirmed a third time then its for sure. Hopefully it is a mistake. Anyhow its all under MTA'S Umbrella. MABTSOA bus operators get the RED I.D. which allows them to travel on any subways and buses. Its coming down to a merge between MABTSOA and MTA as MABTSOA bus operators are beginning to get other routes besides just Manhattan & Bronx. Check it out for yourself. These are things I'm learning of from employees.

I took the exam yesterday and on the fourth floor I stopped and had a conversation with an employee from that floor. She informed me 2301 is MABTSOA. I too was understanding the 2301 was MTA. So when I finally went to the lobby I also asked the customer service lady behind the long glass window and she double checks a memo and also confirms that 2301 is MABTSOA. I HOPE THEY ARE BOTH MISTAKEN. BUT MABTSOA operators are not just serving Manhattan and Bronx anymore from what MABTSOA drivers are saying. Besides MABTSOA has the RED I'd cards. I'm hearing MTA is merging with MABTSOA. I'm just going by what's being told to me by actual employees (both personel and drivers.

Archived