Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

did your notice of exam come in yet?
Yes Allday...I got my yellow letter on January 7th for the 2613 b/o exam to be taken on January 26 at Franklin D. Roosevelt High School. I've been studying and testing from that book I the TLC b/o exam I mentioned to you. I'm also thinking about taking the 6 hour class schedule to be given on the 19th this month for 60 dollars.

I hope its worth the price and the time. I've been wondering how come you didn't apply for that as well? I get the impression and I believe that a few of the guys here on the forum have been on b/o lists previously. I'm curious to know why they have never gotten calls for those bus operator jobs???? e-mail me at ddoubleplay643@yahoo.com and I'll send you my contact information so you can call me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all I'm new to this forum just curious I am taking my B.O.S.S exam in a week exam 2301 how is the exam what type of questions are on it?

Didn't take it yet but from past post I heard it's a common sense multiple choice survey,basically laying out questions to assess your moral character.Example:What would you do if you found a million dollars on the bus at the end of your route.

a

A.Keep it

B.Report it

C.Etc.Etc.

You know

Didn't take it yet but from past post I heard it's a common sense multiple choice survey,basically laying out questions to assess your moral character.Example:What would you do if you found a million dollars on the bus at the end of your route.aA.Keep itB.Report itC.Etc.Etc.You know

Steling did you get re-scheduled because of hurricane Sandy? I did! I was originally scheduled to take it on November 5th and was re-scheduled and already taken it on December 12th. On this day they did tell me that I may receive another letter but to ignore it because I already taken it on December 12th. just to let you know I did receive another letter to take it on January 18th but like I said. So this whole delay thing is due to Hurricane Sandy.

Yes caveman,I was originally scheduled in  November I initially thought it was the 25 for some reason,but it can't be because it lands on a Sunday,but they pushed it way to January 17 next week @130pm.Really debating if it's worth my time or money to go take it considering,I now reside in Delaware and seeking a trucking career that I would hope would lead to my own buisiness.Just hate to leave 61 dollars of my hard earned money laid out in vain.This is really my only reason for tipping my decisive scale in going to take it.The way I hear people posting after getting no results as yet,makes me a little hesitant.I don't really think New York will recoupe quick enough for me.God bless brother and thank you for asking.Glad to see you finally got a chance to put your pencil to the paper,1 more step closer in putting your hands to the wheel.

Yes Allday...I got my yellow letter on January 7th for the 2613 b/o exam to be taken on January 26 at Franklin D. Roosevelt High School. I've been studying and testing from that book I the TLC b/o exam I mentioned to you. I'm also thinking about taking the 6 hour class schedule to be given on the 19th this month for 60 dollars.

I hope its worth the price and the time. I've been wondering how come you didn't apply for that as well? I get the impression and I believe that a few of the guys here on the forum have been on b/o lists previously. I'm curious to know why they have never gotten calls for those bus operator jobs???? e-mail me at ddoubleplay643@yahoo.com and I'll send you my contact information so you can call me.

the reason I did not apply for the 2613 exam was because I thought it would be overkill. but you know how life is hindsight is 20/20. I'll shoot you my info via email hopefully by Saturday evening.

Hey Everyone,

Back in 8/2011 I paid the $61 for a list # for the 2301 in which i saved the email receipt from the city. Over time i truly forgot about this until I recently came across the saved email. Well needless to say I NEVER received a list # !! :o  Of course all the phone #'s on the website are automated and you can't even reach a live person. What should I do at this point?" Do I HAVE to go to Livingston st with the copy of the payment receipt to find out what happened? I mean my information has remained the same since applying so I'm not sure what went wrong.  Any insights would be truly appreciated!    :) Thanks 

red6spd. Final for exam 8006 and around what is your #. If you don't mind.

Not sure of the number right now off the top of my head. This is a huge surprise for me. I took this test like two years ago passed, then got called for the physiological passed that then have not heard anything for over two years. I forgot about it until I got a letter about three weeks ago. Did pre-employment, medical, drug test, and now back to Brooklyn to hand in my 21 page booklet and do "final processing" I work at an airport now which requries heavy background investigations and fingerprints so I'm not worried about passing all that stuff but what else is there to do? Will I be told where to report for training on Monday or???? 

Red6. What it means is if you pass medical you got the job. You turn in your booklet get sworn in take photo for Id your done. Just remember not to quit your current job because the training for bus operators extremely tough and not everybody makes it.

Hay guys don't mean to thread jack but I'm going in to Brooklyn on Monday for final processing and would like to know what that means and what's the next step.
Your getting called for final processing for/from which exam # and what is your list #???

Red6. What it means is if you pass medical you got the job. You turn in your booklet get sworn in take photo for Id your done. Just remember not to quit your current job because the training for bus operators extremely tough and not everybody makes it.

Cool. But unfortunately I will have to give my two week notice to my current job because I cant take vacation over the winter and there really is no such thing as "leave of absence" at my job unless its to go into the military or something like that. I have been driving 5,000 gallon fuel trucks for the past five and a half years so hopefully that and my dedication will get me past training.

@64 Cavemen. Test 8006 list number 3372 

Hey everyone took boss in early july. List #802. Just received my letter that I passed. Happy about that. Now just waiting for spots to open. But i have a difficult question. I took the condutor test about to years ago. exam 8094 list # 1165. Now TA sends me a letter asking will I be interested in taking the boss agai. If so I will be offered a position as a bus operator. But heres the catch...if I do accept it my name will be removed from the conductor's list. Sounds weird to me. Has this happened to anyone yet and if so any advice on what to do? 

Ptyler. Take it don't let this chance go.

I think I am. I am unemployed right now and need any good job. The thing that scares me the most is if I do take TA's offer will it mess up my chances with mta bus? I'm so confused right now. I just don't want to be left without nothing. I'm going to call in the morning to see what they say. Thanks workfor13. :)

Hey everyone took boss in early july. List #802. Just received my letter that I passed. Happy about that. Now just waiting for spots to open. But i have a difficult question. I took the condutor test about to years ago. exam 8094 list # 1165. Now TA sends me a letter asking will I be interested in taking the boss agai. If so I will be offered a position as a bus operator. But heres the catch...if I do accept it my name will be removed from the conductor's list. Sounds weird to me. Has this happened to anyone yet and if so any advice on what to do? 

Congrats ptyler.We all thank you for your feed back on updating all us hopefuls.As for decisions I would pray and ask the good lord for direction,he knows all things and what's best for us.I'll keep you in my prayers brother.God bless.

I'd call MTA ASAP to clarify the letter. After that just put yourself in the best situation for you and your family. 

Congrats ptyler.We all thank you for your feed back on updating all us hopefuls.As for decisions I would pray and ask the good lord for direction,he knows all things and what's best for us.I'll keep you in my prayers brother.God bless.

Lol, Thank you for your prayers Steling I appreciate that. Oh, btw I am a female. It's okay it's not your fault. but yes I am going to ask the higher power for some direction. I'll let you guys know what happens.  :)

I'd call MTA ASAP to clarify the letter. After that just put yourself in the best situation for you and your family. 

I called and of course I couldn't get a live person. So I'm just going to go and show them both letters and see what they say. Thanks a lot AllDay. :)

Hey Everyone,

Back in 8/2011 I paid the $61 for a list # for the 2301 in which i saved the email receipt from the city. Over time i truly forgot about this until I recently came across the saved email. Well needless to say I NEVER received a list # !! Of course all the phone #'s on the website are automated and you can't even reach a live person. 

Do I HAVE to go to Livingston st with the copy of the payment receipt to find out what happened? I mean my information has remained the same since applying so I'm not sure what went wrong.  What should I do at this point?   :wacko:  Please Help!! Thanks 

I'm guessing you are referring to exam 2301 which you have passed (congratulations on that by the way). this is good news for everyone else who is also waiting for their results. 1 thing I'm not clear on in your quote is why would they be asking you to take the boss exam again if you had already taken it? I'm confused!

I'm guessing you are referring to exam 2301 which you have passed (congratulations on that by the way). this is good news for everyone else who is also waiting for their results. 1 thing I'm not clear on in your quote is why would they be asking you to take the boss exam again if you had already taken it? I'm confused!

yes, I know. But basically MTA is broken up into 3 groups. TA, MTA BUS,MABSTOA, Each one of them hires in different ways, and depending on which group needsmore B/O.I took the bus for Mta bus. Now i am on the list for conductor, What they are trying to say is would I want to take a position as a B/O. But if I do accept their offer my name gets removed from the conductors list. but I don't want to gamble with that. sp being that MTA BUS already started 2 process me I'm just going to decline T.A's offer. 

Hey Everyone,

Back in 8/2011 I paid the $61 for a list # for the 2301 in which i saved the email receipt from the city. Over time i truly forgot about this until I recently came across the saved email. Well needless to say I NEVER received a list # !! Of course all the phone #'s on the website are automated and you can't even reach a live person. 

Do I HAVE to go to Livingston st with the copy of the payment receipt to find out what happened? I mean my information has remained the same since applying so I'm not sure what went wrong.  What should I do at this point?   :wacko:  Please Help!! Thanks 

If your not getting a person then thats the best option get this straightened out immediately your number could be among the 6000 plus already called

Archived