44s Revival crazy but not impossible

Urbanfortitude

I'm hearing this was talked about on subchat and now it's been brushed by my ears personally that these cars could come back from the dead. I'm not one to start these kind of threads but I do want to see what someone well informed has to say on the subject. (INDman, Subwayguy you out there?)

I'm hearing this was talked about on subchat and now it's been brushed by my ears personally that these cars could come back from the dead. I'm not one to start these kind of threads but I do want to see what someone well informed has to say on the subject. (INDman, Subwayguy you out there?)

I have heard the same "rumor" Urbanfortitude, ill fish around at work today and see what i can dig up.

If this is the case they better go back to that (A)pple and leave that ©harlie alone...

Now that being said can WE PLEASE make this a rational thread??? Even my ears are open to this rumor...

I would really like to get back sometime tonight from work and see the thread still going and not locked...

The R44's are in no condition to run. Last I heard they won't even start up anymore. They are dead.

There are about 3 or 4 trains of R44s that have been sitting in CIY for a long time and they seem to be in working condition. Unless the (L) on one of their front rollsigns means "Lifeless".

Beats the heat here in NY lol

Since this topic's been brought up I had a dream I rode an R44 (A) last night...weird.

I strongly recommend a trip up here. I've done a ton of railroading which more then made up for not being on the museum train.

As for the R44s, it's gonna cost ALOT to get them (those that could) into running condition, that's why I really doubt it will happen. Plus I think the last T/O class or two were not broken in on them.

The R44's are in no condition to run. Last I heard they won't even start up anymore. They are dead.

Even if they can start up they aren't in any condition to move. Their bodies are not in the shape to, and yes I did see the R44's at the Coney Island Yard while I was on my way to Coney Island yesterday..

Why do I always notice that you think your always right and everyones all wrong? Why is that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

About this... I hope this happens! I would like to see them in service again and ride them! Those glass partions are awesome for leaning, the R160 uses those steel poles so it doesn't feel so comfortable. Oh well lets wait and see what happens!!!!

Since this topic's been brought up I had a dream I rode an R44 (A) last night...weird.

I had dream two nights ago where there was a farewell to the R44s fantrip. Usually I don't dream about trains either, which was the strange part about it.

Final Destination 6: R44 Subway Cars :)

Anything's possible, but this is unlikely. The R32 AC units are kicking the can again, so this might be an annual rite of passage that someone suggests this until the R44 cars are scrapped.

The money question is who is willing to sign off on putting some of the cars back into service given their physical body condition...and that amounts to saying who is willing to take a fall if there's an "incident" related to them, which there could well be...

I am stating a technical fact. If you can't accept it then go ahead.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Your just NOT admiting it.... In OTHER posts you do that..... If a train can start up, it can run...DUH.

Here we go again.....

As for the R44's...TBH i hope not, when i rode it on the (C) last year, it felt unsafe and to me was going to break down any minute, didnt i hear (or maybe not) somewhere that the T/O's on the (A) and (C) disliked the R44?

Archived