Triborough Bridge to be renamed for RFK

Triborough Bridge to be renamed for RFK

ALBANY - The Triborough Bridge soon will be renamed in honor of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.

The Assembly on Wednesday gave final legislative passage to a bill to dub the span, which connects Manhattan, Queens and the Bronx, the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge.

Gov. Paterson will sign the measure, his spokesman said.

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan) called it "entirely appropriate" to honor the former New York lawmaker.

Kennedy, who had served as U.S. attorney general under his brother, President John F. Kennedy, was campaigning for the presidency when he was assassinated in 1968.

From: nydailynews_logo.gificon_offsite.png - June 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure most people will still call it the Triborough rather than the RFK Bridge. But I agree.

I know I'm still going to call it the Triborough just like how I call other things, like for example bus routes, what they use to be. At times I might say it right.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If RFK had anything to do with NY, this would be nice, but he only got involved in NY politics in his bid for the presidency. Same thing as Hillary.

Hillary Clinton is the Junior Senator for NY... Of course she's done something, whether it be something bad (like raising college tuition) or something good.

• 1 month later...
Triborough is much easier to remeber and pronounce like Interborough, :)!

Try buh row?

Are eff kay? I don't see much of a difference in pronunciation.

I think the cops would be heavily affected by this change... they usually use the older names. In fact they called GCT "Grand Central Station (Which I think, should be right)"

I know, it doesn't seem a big differnece for High-Profile School Students, but I feel the TriBoro is more easier...

So? What does MY education have to do with anything?

Triborough and RFK Bridge are interchangeable, whether you like it or not. We are used to the former. The newer generation will grow up with RFK. So they will call it RFK.

I was just messing with you on your education but I'll still call it the Triboro and let my kids (will come sometime in the future) call it R.F.K...

By the way, when did the Interboro become Jackie Robinson?

You find the need to mess with somebody's education necessary?

Check http://www.nycroads.com It has a pretty good database for highway information in around the city.

Archived