NovaBus LFS-A #1275 damaged in crash

DanTheTransitMan

Not to mention, 91st and 92nd Streets are rather tight because of the SAS construction, I was expecting this TBH.

And to think I shot 1101 2 days ago......I would not be surprised if that one hits the scrap line early and gets replaced by a 5600....

Not to mention, 91st and 92nd Streets are rather tight because of the SAS construction, I was expecting this TBH.

And to think I shot 1101 2 days ago......I would not be surprised if that one hits the scrap line early and gets replaced by a 5600....

Time to say goodbye to 1101. It would be gone by next year anyway so we should be worrying about 1275. How long will it take to get it repaired?

He said 1st Avenue, which is fine around 91st and 92nd.

Was the collision between an M15 and an M31/M86 and were the buses in service? What happened afterwards? I know that the buses sometimes have a tough time going onto 92nd because they need to make a wide turn.

Was the collision between an M15 and an M31/M86 and were the buses in service? What happened afterwards? I know that the buses sometimes have a tough time going onto 92nd because they need to make a wide turn.

Whoops, read it wrong. Thanks for the correction

I believe it was a M31 that was about to deadhead back to the depot. Don't quote me on that because I saw the aftermath of the crash not the initial crash itself. 1101 wasn't that badly damaged from what I saw. 1275 really suffered the full brunt of the damage.

Looks like the New Flyer was trying to get its revenge at the LFS Artic for replacing its siblings....

Haha.

Ok. Now who takes the blame? Errr probably 1101 will go bye bye as they said. Hope 1275 gets repaired or if 126th was short on a bus they could put 0059 on the M15 SBS.

I think they are going to scrap NewFlyer 1101. My reason for that is, when I was walking on 1st ave. I saw New Flyer 1040 from Gun Hill Depot (with the depot sticker still on it). 1040 is probably going to stay at 126th street depot from now on. I still don't know the fate of Nova LFSA 1275.

Good luck with that bus from GH, as good as the 1000s are, I know GH beat up on that bus something horrible.

Haha.

Ok. Now who takes the blame? Errr probably 1101 will go bye bye as they said. Hope 1275 gets repaired or if 126th was short on a bus they could put 0059 on the M15 SBS.

I think they are going to scrap NewFlyer 1101. My reason for that is, when I was walking on 1st ave. I saw New Flyer 1040 from Gun Hill Depot (with the depot sticker still on it). 1040 is probably going to stay at 126th street depot from now on. I still don't know the fate of Nova LFSA 1275.

#1. it was actually 1103 not 1101 that 1275 collided with.

#2. 1103 is already fixed. it wasn't that bad, only the upper and lower radiator doors were damaged.

#3. sometimes GunHill buses layover by 126th depot. or he might have been on his way back to the bronx. i don't think they would swap out a bus that was so close to its EOL

#4. sorry i couldn't get pictures, but 1275 is almost done too. The rear door glass was cracked, the window right behind that door was cracked, the lower body panel behind that door got ripped off, and the window frames on the last two windows got scuffed up with white paint...

#5. And 0059 is out of service right now. a piece of the fuel filler neck broke off and fell inside the tank while it was being fueled. being that its not really out bus to fix, we gotta wait for the Nova venders to come and fix it

from the way that both buses looked, the driver of 1275 takes %100 of the blame for this accident...unless 1103 was going backwards which most likely was not happening.

Archived