Scaffolding Collapses on MTA Bus Causing Injuries and Damage

trainspot12

Scaffolding on two-story building collapses on city bus; more than dozen people hurt, including cops

alg_scaffolding_collapse_fdny_twitpic.jpg

More than a dozen people were injured Tuesday morning when scaffolding around a West Harlem building collapsed on a passing city bus.

All the injuries were minor, but seven people were taken to St. Lukes Hospital for treatment. The rest were treated at the scene. Two police officers were among the injured.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/09/20/2011-09-20_scaffolding_on_twostory_building_collapses_on_city_bus_more_than_dozen_hurt_incl.html#ixzz1YVdlgVVP

Sue Who for What? With a good lawyer the case will be dismissed.

What do you mean sue who for what? This sort of "accident" is not supposed to happen and there are strict laws in place about scaffolding. I know this because I worked in the construction industry for a few years in my earlier 20s. The whole point of having scaffolding up is to protect folks from any falling debris, etc. while work is being performed on the building or buildings in question, not have it collapse on people. I'm sure folks will be suing whoever is responsible for that scaffolding collapsing and I doubt that the lawyer can get the defenders off on this one, not unless it is something that was out of their control somehow.

And those who weren't injured, I'm sure they'll claim duress of some sort.

Archived