2011-'12 NHL Thread

Shortline Bus

Bro I am sure NBC and NBC sports Net(aka fomerly Versus)along w/ Hockey Night in Canada might make this possible Pens/Flyers 1st round match-up their 'showcase' series since it involved their current biggest star Sidney Crosby. :D

hah... if they're smart, they'd showcase such a series !

knowing NBC sports net, watch they'll show more games of a boston/ottawa series.....

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way they're almost obligated to show more of the Bruins/Senators games because the Bruins are the Stanley Cup champions, though quite frankly I don't see the Bruins going very far this year. They're hurting in net right now and they just don't look like the same team.

In a way they're almost obligated to show more of the Bruins/Senators games because the Bruins are the Stanley Cup champions, though quite frankly I don't see the Bruins going very far this year. They're hurting in net right now and they just don't look like the same team.

If you mean CBC's Hockey Night in Canada, they 'obilgated' to show all of Canada's NHL teams in the playoffs. For US stations NBC and NBC sports net it's strickly by popularity so VG8 the argument the Bruins have to be shown is not true. The year after Carolina won the Cup they were hardly shown in the next year playoffs on US National TV.

The Bruins will be shown because they are among the NHL most popular teams along with the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Pens and of course Rangers.

If you mean CBC's Hockey Night in Canada, they 'obilgated' to show all of Canada's NHL teams in the playoffs. For US stations NBC and NBC sports net it's strickly by popularity so VG8 the argument the Bruins have to be shown is not true. The year after Carolina won the Cup they were hardly shown in the next year playoffs on US National TV.

The Bruins will be shown because they are among the NHL most popular teams along with the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Pens and of course Rangers.

Why would I be talking about CBC???? In case you forgot I lived a skip and a hop away from Montréal for several years and we also got CBC, so I'm well aware that CBC is obligated to show all of the Canadian clubs that are playing in the playoffs. I was talking about NBC Sports and no they are not obligated, but the Bruins are the Stanley Cup champions and also an original 6 club, so more than likely they'll look to show them much like they showed the Blackhawks last year, especially since they're on the East coast.

Well the Rangers now know their oppopents in the 1st round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. By losing their regular season finale, to the Caps on Saturday, Blueshirts will play the Ottawa Senators. Also they lost the Presidents Cup(I am sure Tokemon is happy lol)but locked up the #1 seed thru the Eastern Division playoffs.

And on final day of the regular season here rest of the 1st round NHL series.

Eastern Conference #2 Boston vs # 7 Washington 3 Florida vs 6 New Jersey 4 Pittsburgh vs 5 Philadelphia

Western Conference 1 Vancouver vs 8 LOS ANGELES 2 St. Louis vs 7 SAN JOSE 3 PhoeniX vs 6 CHICAGO 4 NASHVILLE vs 5 DETROIT

Well the Rangers now know their oppopents in the 1st round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. By losing their regular season finale, to the Caps on Saturday, Blueshirts will play the Ottawa Senators. Also they lost the Presidents Cup(I am sure Tokemon is happy lol)but locked up the #1 seed thru the Eastern Division playoffs.

I admit I am not a diehard NHL fan but what the hell I do watch enough games to at least take a crack in predicting the first round lol of the 2012 Stanley Cup tournment lol. I await VG8, Tokemon, B35 and other picks as well.

My Rangers and Devils picks will be at the end so the West Division goes first.

NHL West 1st round picks

#8 Kings vs #1Canucks ( I actually saw one of their games at the Staples Center on New Years Eve)Canucks in 6 games.

I like the LA Goalie Quick and if he plays 'lights out' the Kings could make this a 7-game series and chance for mega upset. Still I think Van. wins in a good series.

#7 Sharks vs #2 Blues Blues in 7 games.

#6 Blackhawks vs #3 Coyotes Hawks in 5 games. Remember Chicago won the 2010 Stanley Cup so this is still a dangerous team.

#4 Red Wings vs #5 Preds. Red Wings in 7 games. Very close series. Still gotta pick Motown.

NHL East 1st round picks

# 7 Caps vs # 2 Bruins. Bruins in 5 games.

#6 Devils vs #3 Panthers. Devils in 6 games.

#5 Flyers vs #4 Pens. (Maybe the best of this years 1st round in Stanley Cup playoffs) Pens in 7 games. This has the makings of being a classic.

#8 Senators vs. #1 Rangers. Rangers in 6 games. This is the worst matchup for Blueshirts in 1st round is if they had gotten Washington or Buffalo IMO they would have won in about 5 games. Ottawa won the season series vs NY and could give the NHL East regular season champions problems. Still Rangers should win it in 6-maybe 7 games.

I admit I am not a diehard NHL fan but what the hell I do watch enough games to at least take a crack in predicting the first round lol of the 2012 Stanley Cup tournment lol. I await VG8, Tokemon, B35 and other picks as well.

My Rangers and Devils picks will be at the end so the West Division goes first.

NHL West 1st round picks

#8 Kings vs #1Canucks ( I actually saw one of their games at the Staples Center on New Years Eve)Canucks in 6 games.

I like the LA Goalie Quick and if he plays 'lights out' the Kings could make this a 7-game series and chance for mega upset. Still I think Van. wins in a good series.

#7 Sharks vs #2 Blues Blues in 7 games.

#6 Blackhawks vs #3 Coyotes Hawks in 5 games. Remember Chicago won the 2010 Stanley Cup so this is still a dangerous team.

#4 Red Wings vs #5 Preds. Red Wings in 7 games. Very close series. Still gotta pick Motown.

lol... Actually the Red Wings are 5th, not 4th, so the Predators have home ice. I think the Predators will take it simply because they're strong defensively and offensively as well and the Wings are getting older and more banged up. I won't be surprised if there is an upset because you can never count the Wings out, but the Predators have looked very strong.

The Coyotes will beat the Hawks. The Hawks may not have Toews and the Coyotes have Smith in net, while the Hawks have had shaky goaltending. Remember Chicago lost many of its players from the 2010 Stanley Cup... ;)

If the Blues play the way that they have played this year, they'll win in 5 or 6 games against the Sharks. The Sharks haven't played that great this year and McLellan looks like a nervous wreck this year. The team is under the gun to win now because Thorton and Marleau are getting up there in age and sooner or later this team will have to be re-shaped for the future. The problem is I don't think they have enough to win now.

The Kings/Canucks series can be good if LA can finally find some scoring. With the guys they have on the wings and at center, I can't understand for the life of me why they can't score more goals. There very well could be an upset if they can find a way to solve Luongo. I still don't think the guy can make it come playoff time. A big choker so far. Until the Canucks win the big one, they'll just be a regular season team (and a cocky one at that) that can't win in the playoffs, when it really matters. lol

NHL East 1st round picks

# 7 Caps vs # 2 Bruins. Bruins in 5 games.

#6 Devils vs #3 Panthers. Devils in 6 games.

#5 Flyers vs #4 Pens. (Maybe the best of this years 1st round in Stanley Cup playoffs) Pens in 7 games. This has the makings of being a classic.

#8 Senators vs. #1 Rangers. Rangers in 6 games. This is the worst matchup for Blueshirts in 1st round is if they had gotten Washington or Buffalo IMO they would have won in about 5 games. Ottawa won the season series vs NY and could give the NHL East regular season champions problems. Still Rangers should win it in 6-maybe 7 games.

I think without Brière in the line up, the Flyers just aren't the same team. They also miss a lot without Pronger. If Bryzgalov can be spectacular, they may have a chance to upset the Penguins, because they do have enough offensive weapons in Hartnell, Giroux and Jagr, but they'll need role players to step up, as well like rising star Schenn. The Penguins look stronger than the team that won it a few years ago. They're really stacked on all 4 lines and playing together.

The other Eastern conference games I could care less about. I personally don't see any major upsets coming. The Panthers and Capitals are just blah at best so they should go quietly and the Rangers.... Unless they choke, they should be okay, but they can't underestimate the Senators. The key IMO will be goaltending. The Rangers need to get to Anderson early and get Lundqvist some goal support. I think they can create some things with Richards and Gaborik but they have to produce in order for them to be successful.

@VG8. Not bad on your picks. That why you are the offical NYCTF NHL analyst on the boards(don't forget Tokemon also when he checks in on occasion lol :D )

If the Red Wings beat the Preds that is not an upset. Any #4 vs. 5 matchup in either the NBA or Stanley Cup 1st round is not a suprise when a #5 seed wins. Even if a #6 seed wins (i am picking the Devils in their series)is not a shocker either. With parity in the NHL, now a way of life, (due to the salary cap/free agency)only if the Kings beat the Cancuks or the Sens oust the Rangers as # 8 seeds that a major upset.

Ahhh, the lovely (but pointless) bragging rights of getting the Presidents' Trophy for two straight years. HUZZAH!

Anywho:

My bracket predictions for 2012:

ROUND 1:

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

1 Vancouver Canucks vs. 8 Los Angeles Kings

Canucks in 5

2 St. Louis Blues vs. 7 San Jose Sharks

Sharks in 7

3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6 Chicago Blackhawks

Blackhawks in 6

4 Nashville Predators vs. 5 Detroit Red Wings

Red Wings in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

1 New York Rangers vs. 8 Ottawa Senators

Rangers in 5

2 Boston Bruins vs. 7 Washington Capitals

Bruins in 6

3 Florida Panthers vs. 6 New Jersey Devils

Devils in 4

4 Pittsburgh Penquins vs. 5 Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers in 7

ROUND 2:

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

1 Vancouver Canucks vs. 7 San Jose Sharks

Canucks in 7

5 Detroit Red Wings vs. 6 Chicago Blackhawks

Blackhawks in 7

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

1 New York Rangers vs. 6 New Jersey Devils

Rangers in 6

2 Boston Bruins vs. 5 Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers in 7

ROUND 3:

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

1 Vancouver Canucks vs. 6 Chicago Blackhawks

Canucks in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

1 New York Rangers vs. 5 Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers in 7

FINAL:

Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Canucks in 6

FINAL:

Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Canucks in 6

What a shock Tokemon picking the Canucks to win it all. :D Seriously Van. IMO should be among the favorites (along w/ Rangers, Blues, Bruins, Pens and Flyers IMO)to win it all. I will say IMO it will either be a Rangers/Canucks or Pens/Cancuks SC Final. We shall see.

Well last night in 1st night of the never ending stanley cup playoffs, winners include the Flyers, Preds and the LA Kings. So wondering if our Cancuks super fan Tokemon is sweating yet? :o

LOL... He should be... The Canucks looked awful last night. Kept shooting the puck over the glass and taking delay of game penalties... Never saw that many delay of game penalties in one game before... Pretty pathetic. Seems like these guys can't handle pressure. <_<

So far, the (R)(A)(N)(G)(E)(R)(S)-Senators game is an intense one. It looks like both teams have developed over the course of the season a passionate hatred for each other, and the game has shown it. A couple shoves & fights here and there, and the crowd is riled up. Oh, how I wish I was in MSG now. (I have never been to a hockey game.)

Let's go Rangers! :lol:

So far, the (R)(A)(N)(G)(E)(R)(S)-Senators game is an intense one. It looks like both teams have developed over the course of the season a passionate hatred for each other, and the game has shown it. A couple shoves & fights here and there, and the crowd is riled up. Oh, how I wish I was in MSG now. (I have never been to a hockey game.)

Let's go Rangers! :lol:

Intexp you really need to go to NHL game at least 1x in life. Way better to see in person than watching on TV. Getting Rangers tickets is very hard to get. Maybe go to Newark (Prudential Center)next season to see Devils/Rangers game.

Intexp you really need to go to NHL game at least 1x in life. Way better to see in person than watching on TV. Getting Rangers tickets is very hard to get. Maybe go to Newark (Prudential Center)next season to see Devils/Rangers game.

The thing is, me & my family really can't afford NHL Tickets, so watching it on TV will have to do.

what sucks about the NHL(also for the NBA and NFL football)is how expensive tickets are. I only went to Staples Center in LA to see Cancuks/LA Kings in upper level with my brother in law for discounted $35 apiece last New Years's Eve. Even at $35 a person that alot for a family of 4.

Yes. Rangers now lead 2-0.

FYI. I only been to about 5-6 NHL games in my life. 1x at Rangers game at MSG, 1x on college school trip at old Montreal Forum 2x in LA area(Staples Center and Honda Center in Anaheim)and 1x at old Meadowlands arena/IZOD center for the Devils.

I've been to many hockey games (at my college and NHL games). The most I paid for an NHL game was at MSG... Paid $65.00 to see the Rangers vs Avalanche. The last game Joe Sakic played at MSG I believe before he retired. He scored all of the goals the Avs had and the Avs won the game. B) Personally even with the seats that I've had, I would prefer to watch at home. Better food choices and better alcohol. The beer I paid for when I saw the Devils vs Avs with my buddy Diego was ridiculously overpriced. $8.00 for English beer... And a lager at that... <_<

This NHL 1st round update presented by Wendy's. Yummy.

Well the Devils and South Fla. Panthers played their 1st game. NJ won 3-2. Meanwhile in the 1st suprise so far of the 2012 post season, the Flyers lead the Penguins 2 games to zip beating them in high scoring game 8-5. In the West Division 1st round, the Wings tied the Preds. in Tenn. And at start of 3rd period(at time i wrote this at 12 Midnight Sat Morning)LA has chance to take commanding 2 games to none lead over the Canucks.

If Kings wins I am sure Tokemon wont be just mad he screaming at his wall this weekend.

Archived