2011-'12 NHL Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here a recap of last night (4/19)games. The winners include the Devils(tying thier series w/ the Panthers)

the Caps winning(also tying their series w/ Bruins at 2 games apiece)and the surprise of the playoffs so far Phoenix taking commanding 3 game to 1 lead on the Blackhawks.

Friday Night the Flyers and Preds have chance to move on to the 2nd round by playing the Pens(Pa. "Civil War" lol)and wings respectively.

Rangers play Saturday night(4/21) in Game #5 vs. the Sens.

Final results: Preds win and are the first team to advance to the next round. Flyers lose to Penguins making the series 3-2 for Flyers.

It was a close call but I give the Preds 'props' as they beat the best team in NHL(along with the NJ Devils) over the last 15 years the Wings. Nashville looks like a good club from couple of playoff games vs. Motown I seen of them.

And regarding the Flyers watch out. It would be embrassing if for 2nd time in 3 years they are involved in an 3 games to none lead situation. This type (unlike in '10 vs. the Bruins) they would be on the losing end. IMO if they lose game #6 the Pens will win the series and become a dangerous beast and a direct path on MY NY Rangers.

It was a close call but I give the Preds 'props' as they beat the best team in NHL(along with the NJ Devils) over the last 15 years the Wings. Nashville looks like a good club from couple of playoff games vs. Motown I seen of them.

And regarding the Flyers watch out. It would be embrassing if for 2nd time in 3 years they are involved in an 3 games to none lead situation. This type (unlike in '10 vs. the Bruins) they would be on the losing end. IMO if they lose game #6 the Pens will win the series and become a dangerous beast and a direct path on MY NY Rangers.

Wouldn't be a shocker... The Flyers still can't buy a good goaltender... They're going to have to hope that Bryzgalov either gets his game together or that they can spot him enough goals to win the series.

This NHL 1st round update presented by Allstate. You in good hand w/ Allstate.

Well the Rangers are in huge trouble. Mr. Anderson and the Sens have shut the Blueshirts as Ottawa takes 3 games to 2 lead as they won on Saturday Night at the so called world's "most famous arena."

Meanwhile the Blues advance to the 2nd round for 1st time since 2002 as they send the Bay Area Sharks packing.

Other winners on Sat. night include the Panthers(leading the Devils 3 games-2) and the Caps surprising the Stanley Cup Champs Bruins.

The Bruins are so overrated this year mainly because they won the Cup last year. They just peaked at the right time and played a Canucks team that choked as usual. I am surprised to see the Caps winning only because they usually fall apart in the playoffs, but I don't see the Bruins repeating this year.

The Bruins are so overrated this year mainly because they won the Cup last year. They just peaked at the right time and played a Canucks team that choked as usual. I am surprised to see the Caps winning only because they usually fall apart in the playoffs, but I don't see the Bruins repeating this year.

I agree VG8. The Bruins the MLB St Louis Cardinals and the NFL NY Giants are similar last year(2011 sports calendar)in which they were both 'good teams' that got red hot and won their league's championship. Last year alone in 2011 Stanley Cup, The Flyers, Lighting Sharks and Cancuks on paper were better than Boston. Just like in NFL last season, the Packers, 49ers and Saints were better than the Giants but guess who won the Super bowl? And ditto for the MLB Cardinals beating the '3' best teams in MLB during the regular season, the Phillies, Brewers and Texas to win their WS.

Again with 'parity' and all of the playoff teams so close in the '4' major sports leagues (i.e NHL, MLB, NFL, and NBA) when i was a kid many times, the regular season champion would win the title i.e Stanley Cup, World Series, Super Bowl or NBA titles. Now the #1 post season seeds especially in the NHL have a 'target on their backs' and it's no longer a huge shock they lose in the 1st round.

In the first 'surprise' of this year Stanley Cup, the Penguins (along w/ the Cancuks and Rangers)co-favorites by Bookmakers and most NHL anaylsts to win it all at of the post season are offically gone. The Flyers just a short while ago(when i wrote this)win 5-1 and the series in 6 games.

Kings, Lakers and Clippers... I just wonder how they are going to schedule those games at that one arena.

Concourse i was at the Staples Center in Downtown LA on New Years Eve to see the Kings/Cancuks hockey game. The hockey game started at 7pm after earlier in day, the Lakers played a 1pm(Pacific time)game in same buliding. Thus i think the Staples Center can transform from basketball to hockey(or vice versa)in about 4-5 hours in same day.

I suspect the Kings will be playing same day/night as the Lakers and Clippers as well.

They're gonna drag this game 7 (rangers/sens) out to thursday.... damn, for what.....

For the same reason bro the NBA(Not this year due to the tight schedule caused by their lockout)playoffs can sometimes take forever to play. TV. It's same TV(in this case for next 10 years NBC-TV/NBC Sports Net being the national TV home for NHL in US)that sometimes have your team play weird hours. For example with a West Coast team involved in Phoenix, their game vs. the Blackhawks started at 9pm Eastern.(face off in Chicago at 8pm) :angry:

Archived