2011-'12 NHL Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Western Conference Semis will be a joke. The most boring hockey in the history of all hockey ever.

Tokkemon (other than a quick peek at the Cup Finals)already counting down the days to start of the CFL and NFL football season.

:D

Seriously a run deeper into the Stanley Cup could be a main factor into "SAVING" and keeping the Phoenix franchise in Arizona. The coyotes sale/bankrucpty has been the NHL biggest issue for last few years.

And bro (B35) no matter what happens Ottawa is a good young impressive team. They deserve props when most so called NHL anaylsts predicted the Rangers would win in about 5 games.

Still if the Blueshirts don't win game #7, it would be a huge disappointment.

They work pretty damn fast. They had the Court out and the Ice in, restocked the LA Fan Store too, in less than two hours. It was pretty amazing.

Very true. Here a Youtube clip how the Staples Center can change from hockey to basketball(or vice versa)from around 2010 or '11.

In the 1st of (3) Game 7's in the NHL East's 1st round a surprise. There will be a new Stanley Cup Winners in June. The Caps in OT send the 2011 NHL Champions packing beating the Bruins in Boston.

So the Caps join the Flyers in the 2nd round.

And if the Rangers can surive and beat the pesky Sens on Thursday Night, the road to the Cup Finals in June got easier.

lol... I don't know why everyone is so shocked... The Bruins are overrated... They lost some key guys last year (i.e. Ryder and a few others) and quite frankly they didn't look like cup material this year, mainly because they couldn't score for long stretches of the season. With that said, the Flyers have to be the favorites out of the East. Their goaltending is still shaky but they may have enough offense to offset that.

lol... I don't know why everyone is so shocked... The Bruins are overrated... They lost some key guys last year (i.e. Ryder and a few others) and quite frankly they didn't look like cup material this year, mainly because they couldn't score for long stretches of the season. With that said, the Flyers have to be the favorites out of the East. Their goaltending is still shaky but they may have enough offense to offset that.

If the Rangers win then it's blueshirts (other than the Flyers)easy road to the Finals. With that said, (they won't admit it publicly)I am sure most of the Flyers players are rooting hard for Ottawa to pull the upset.

Don't disagree that the Bruins are overrated.... They play similar to the Rangers, except they try to "out-tough" you instead of diving all over the place to take away passing & shooting lanes....

The Capitals caught a break, that team is flat out bad.... That's what I was implicating, hence the indifferent remark about the series itself...

Someone had to win the series, and it happened to be them.... So, no feeling of shock or surprise here......

If the Rangers win then it's blueshirts (other than the Flyers)easy road to the Finals. With that said, (they won't admit it publicly)I am sure most of the Flyers players are rooting hard for Ottawa to pull the upset.

Wouldn't surprise me. Rangers practically owned the Flyers this year especially that game in citizen's bank.

That's true, but look at this series, Rangers struggled against Ottowa before and had to go to 7 to finish them off. Most people assumed the Rangers would've won in 5 or 6.

Yeah, but the thing is the 1 through 8 teams are far closer than in the past. Several top clubs were knocked out.

Yeah, but the thing is the 1 through 8 teams are far closer than in the past. Several top clubs were knocked out.

Agreed. Before the '05 lockout there was a gap between the elite teams i.e Red Wings, Devils, Ducks, etc. and rest of the NHL. Since the league returned with the '06 Cup Finals (when Carolina won it)the NHL is really very close more than ever.

Since the Caps is the closest Hockey team to VA, everyone was going off last night about how they won all over the place. It was pretty crazy, I'll have to admit.

Trainguy after years of having teams that sucked the DC area sports team have a brigther future. The Nats in MLB are leading their division and the NFL Redskins just got a great QB prospect in 2011 Heisman winner RGIII. The Caps even if they lose to the Rangers look like a threat for next season.

Now my NHL 2nd round picks. Replies in Red.

Barring a huge collapse by Jersey(as of this writing they lead Panthers 2-0) here the 2nd round matchups.

NHL EAST SEMIFINALS

Rangers vs Captials-Rangers in (5) games. This is the easiest and best matchup for the blueshirts before a 'war' aka long 6-7 series in EAST Finals vs. either the Devils or Flyers.

Flyers vs Devils- Devils in (7) games. Going for mild upset in this pick.Flyers (other than goalie has better team)but not having a good goalie will cost them this series.

NHL West SEMIFINALS

Blues vs Kings-Blues in 6 games. If LA Goalie Mr. Quick stays hot as he did in the Canucks series, another upset is possible. Other than that St Louis is the better team other than Goalie.

Preds vs Coyotes-Preds in 7 games.-This series could go either way and the toughest to predict in this years NHL 2nd round. I admit I don't know both of these teams that well but after beating the Red Wings has made me a believer in Nashville.

Picks in red. Await VG8, B35, Tokemon(if he still cares lol) and our other NYCTF NHL/sports anayslsts on the boards here lol.

Rangers in 6... Flyers in 5.... Blues in 7... Predators in 6...

- I really wanna say rangers in 5, but they have lapses where they sometimes struggle to score goals.... anyway, I've been browsing the hfboards (Hockey future boards: link here ), and I'm surprised at how many people are picking the capitals basically because they just got through beating the bruins - who they are comparing the rangers to... as if to say, since the capitals beat the bruins, they can handle the rangers, since their styles of play are similar...... IMO, the rangers are better than the bruins anyway.....

- I don't give the Devils a snowballs chance in hell in winning this series.... I would not be surprised if the Flyers swept them....

- Blues/Kings.... damn, do I predict this to be a low-scoring series.... 3 total goals/game combined max.... should be an interesting watch though...

- Coyotes/Predators... Don't care for either one of these teams, but if it comes down to goaltending, I'm picking Rinne over Smith every single time.....

Archived