School & Special trippers

East New York

This thread is to discuss depots and routes. This is also to give an idea of what may be going on if somone sees a bus on a route other than one from it's home depot.

This is how the I classified the runs. I may be missing some special trippers, but last I knew it was like this. All comments and additions are welcome.

Split picks: B39, M30, M98, Q32

Special, rare, & school non-pickable trips:

Bx1/2,3,4,5,8,9,12,15,16,18,25,26,28,31,36,39,40/42

B3,6,9,20,25,26,41,44,46,47,51,60

M7,11,16,31,34,96,100,101,102,103,104

Q1,2,4,5,43,44,46,55,58,85,88

S44,54,57,59,61,74,78,79,84,91,94

X32

The Q30, 31,43 and 46 all have school trippers. The BX3 has one: PM only & GWB bound. M96 has 3 that run from 100st and 1st av to west end. Those are the only ones I know because I've used a few or seen them.

Q5, Q85 are also school trippers

Thanks for the additions.

The S79 also ( or did when i lived on Staten Island )had school trips between New Dorp Lane / Hylan Blvd for New Dorp High School, and the Staten Island Mall. It also had another School trip between Midland Av / Hylan Blvd to the Staten Island Mall, Linking The Junior High School I.S.2.

Years ago, I heard about the B47 having special trips that ran off of Clarendon Avenue and Ralph Avenue to some dismal section of Remsen Village. Another part time service to theSutter Avenue-Rutland Road (3)(4) Station and back to Kings Plaza.

But alas, that was the status out of Flatbush Depot. Is that still the case with the Maspeth Depot?

I really, really want to know.

The S79 also ( or did when i lived on Staten Island )had school trips between New Dorp Lane / Hylan Blvd for New Dorp High School, and the Staten Island Mall. It also had another School trip between Midland Av / Hylan Blvd to the Staten Island Mall, Linking The Junior High School I.S.2.

Yes it still does, thanks!

Years ago, I heard about the B47 having special trips that ran off of Clarendon Avenue and Ralph Avenue to some dismal section of Remsen Village. Another part time service to theSutter Avenue-Rutland Road (3)(4) Station and back to Kings Plaza.

But alas, that was the status out of Flatbush Depot. Is that still the case with the Maspeth Depot?

I really, really want to know.

Yep, I actually have that one on there. Flatbush does trippers on it now. Thanks.

I'm almost 100% sure, the B63 has a few school trips. Around MS 51 in Park Slope, and a few shortened trips are listed on its schedule.

Also, The B41 and B44 have a special stop near a school on Nostrand, a few blocks South of Brooklyn College

I'm almost 100% sure, the B63 has a few school trips. Around MS 51 in Park Slope, and a few shortened trips are listed on its schedule.

Also, The B41 and B44 have a special stop near a school on Nostrand, a few blocks South of Brooklyn College

Do you know which depots run the trips?

I THINK flatbush depot runs that school special. Since that spot is in my territrory i can go and check this friday to see for sure.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. but the B6 has school trippers starting at beford ave and glenwood rd. Going Ben bound and it uses ulmer park buses...

The B100 has school trippers from the Marine Park School at Fillmore Ave. and Stuart Street. The B82 also has a school tripper from Kings Hwy. and East 22nd Street going towards Spring Creek.

There are a lot of B100's around Kings Highway around 3PM on Weekdays. Do they put some extra in service for Murrow students coming from Avenue M?

Also, The B36 near Bay Academy in Sheepshead. I almost forgot about that one.

Okay, wait a minute guys. These trippers are only for routes that normally operate out of one depot, and has tripper runs from another depot.

i.e. B47 operates out of Grand Av, but has school trippers operated out of Flatbush. Thanks. I guess I should have been more clear.

Okay, wait a minute guys. These trippers are only for routes that normally operate out of one depot, and has tripper runs from another depot.

i.e. B47 operates out of Grand Av, but has school trippers operated out of Flatbush. Thanks. I guess I should have been more clear.

KB has trippers on the Bx28, Bx39, and Bx16. WF has trippers on the Bx40/42, and on the Bx1/2.....

Archived