New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way... there's a number of NABIs at Newton Ave that have full ad wraps of the same ad

There's a couple of 5500s, 5900s, and 6000s with the Horizion Ad.  The orange in the ads really brings out the squared-window doors on the 59/6000s.

Edited by MarkD329

"Just saw 6266 on the 94 to Linden. I heard someone else in another thread say they saw 6268 on the 28 so I guess Orange is getting 6200s to replace their Nova Bs?! "

Wow my question is why?? Market St and Orange don't need the latest batch of CRAPIs when the southern division needs them as bad as ONE Bus does

Wow my question is why?? Market St and Orange don't need the latest batch of CRAPIs when the southern division needs them as bad as ONE Bus does

My thoughts exactly. Hilton & Orange (moreso Hilton) have some of the best-kept Nova Bs in the whole system. Those buses could easily last another 3-5 years. Yet, ONE Bus who are operating on beat up Nova Bs in the 1000s STILL haven't gotten replacements.

Another question is, why did most of the ex Red and Tan NABIs go to Newark airport express rather than to ONE bus?! Makes no sense. Was Newark Airport Express even running on NJT Novas?!"

My thoughts exactly. Hilton & Orange (moreso Hilton) have some of the best-kept Nova Bs in the whole system. Those buses could easily last another 3-5 years. Yet, ONE Bus who are operating on beat up Nova Bs in the 1000s STILL haven't gotten replacements.

Another question is, why did most of the ex Red and Tan NABIs go to Newark airport express rather than to ONE bus?! Makes no sense. Was Newark Airport Express even running on NJT Novas?!"

Oh yeah. When I worked at Newark Airport Terminal A I've seen Red & Tan AND ONE Bus Nova's being used for that route multiple times, they only have a handful of MCIs (NJT owned, ex Greyhounds and the newer MCIs that they purchased) to use for it.

Oh yeah. When I worked at Newark Airport Terminal A I've seen Red & Tan AND ONE Bus Nova's being used for that route multiple times, they only have a handful of MCIs (NJT owned, ex Greyhounds and the newer MCIs that they purchased) to use for it.

The RTSs they seem to be using on that now don't seem to be NJT owned, they got Illinois plates like the CUSA owned MCIs and they're numbered like 306xx. I think they came from Academy/NYU or something like that.

The RTSs they seem to be using on that now don't seem to be NJT owned, they got Illinois plates like the CUSA owned MCIs and they're numbered like 306xx. I think they came from Academy/NYU or something like that.

I noticed that too, but I was saying when I used to work there that's what I mostly saw