New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe 22010 is either back at Oradell or is a loaner to Oradell. It's on the 166 now, and it was on the tracker as a 163 yesterday. It has the Oradell emblem on the side but IDK if that's old or recent. Can someone confirm?

3 hours ago, SP13 said:

I believe 22010 is either back at Oradell or is a loaner to Oradell. It's on the 166 now, and it was on the tracker as a 163 yesterday. It has the Oradell emblem on the side but IDK if that's old or recent. Can someone confirm?

IIRC, the bus was at Westwood beforehand.

On 4/28/2024 at 10:19 PM, RSMG106 said:

Unless there were issues with the Sutrak HVAC system, NJT ordered the 2024 XD60s with Thermo King instead.

The AC sucks in them, the heat is on point however.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Also where is 21297 from cause that is also on the 159 60th street express 

21297 was originally at Meadowlands but was moved to Fairview when their 9000s were moved to Wayne/retired

All the 21Ks that are at Fairview were originally from Meadowlands

Edited by SP13

15 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

5348 was in Monmouth County doing the 831.  5573 was there a month ago but was returned. Are they short buses on those 830s routes? 

Those Nabis at Neptune was in grave conditions 

17 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

5348 was in Monmouth County doing the 831.  5573 was there a month ago but was returned. Are they short buses on those 830s routes? 

They’ve had the same 20 buses in Neptune for years. I’m not quite sure if there were maintenance issues when Transdev or Veolia was running the show. I never rode them myself, but I know those Monmouth County buses have taken a beating.

3 hours ago, davemackey said:

They’ve had the same 20 buses in Neptune for years. I’m not quite sure if there were maintenance issues when Transdev or Veolia was running the show. I never rode them myself, but I know those Monmouth County buses have taken a beating.

That is hard to believe.  Plus those 6100s are newer than the 5300s in Turnersville or the 5500s from Camden and the 5300s take beatings on the 400 and 403.  I also noticed 5331 is up there too..I am guessing they must need some major maintenance.  

17000's update! 17083, 17092 and 17093 were all inspected on 4/29 and are assigned to Washington Twp. This leaves only 17110 as the last DeCamp bus to be converted to NJT service.

And I have finally (FINALLY!) completed the task of matching fleet numbers to the unassigned VINs in the 21000 series of buses NJT took back from Rockland Coaches. It only took three years. The only bus that NJT took back of the 21000's that is still unregistered is 21248 (ex Suburban Transit) which is still getting fixed.