New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

About the go28 mystery, since NJT cut the University Heights segment on that route some of those buses got sent to Greenville & Meadowlands. And it was updated previously, just scroll back and you will see it. (5226 former go28 bus, i think, is at Greenville, as an example)

No wonder.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happen to pass by Coach USA – Paramus Garage (Community Coach) when I noticed lots of NABIs & MCIs, few Bluebirds, and not too many NOVAs. I only saw 1103, 1521, 1538, 2540 - 2542, 2547 - 2554. I also noticed that MCI # 8785 parked next to the fence looked like it was involved in a fire. I seen a blue tarp covering the rear of the bus that looked burnt and the passenger windows were broken!

Edited by Majestic412

I happen to pass by Coach USA – Paramus Garage (Community Coach) when I noticed lots of NABIs & MCIs, few Bluebirds, and not too many NOVAs. I only saw 1103, 1521, 1538, 2540 - 2542, 2547 - 2554. I also noticed that MCI # 8785 parked next to the fence looked like it was involved in a fire. I seen a blue tarp covering the rear of the bus that looked burnt and the passenger windows were broken!

Damn, I know I found 8785 somewhere back in 2011. BTW, are those RTS-06s the last at Paramus?

o ok wait You live at McGinley Square dude i live near by i walk by there everyday lol screw that we gotta chill man but yea i pretty much work next door to that scrap yard i believe 1101 was there in kean wrap and then gone the next day

Yep. I'm right off Monticello. Unfortunately, I won't be there too long as I'm being transferred to NY. That's cool you're right next door to the yard.

#1284 now at A&C bus. Spotted earlier on Bergen Avenue.

Here it is, Howell's depot logo as seen on 9022, sorry about the blurry shot (the bus wasn't even in motion but it still turned out like crap probably because I was taking a still shot while filming a video). This was the best one I could get today, but I'll definitely get a better shot soon.

IMG_2382.jpg

Here it is, Howell's depot logo as seen on 9022, sorry about the blurry shot (the bus wasn't even in motion but it still turned out like crap probably because I was taking a still shot while filming a video). This was the best one I could get today, but I'll definitely get a better shot soon.

IMG_2382.jpg

Nice catch, i will get Hilton's emblem when i return to NJ after christmas

These routes don't serve New Jersey residents. Why does New Jersey Transit subsidize them?

CoachUSA's presence in NJT is huge. They have at least 4 or 5 garages that uses NJT owned buses. Whatever route they use them for, it is up to them as long as they aren't used as charters. As long as they are NJT owned, they stay on the list.

These routes don't serve New Jersey residents. Why does New Jersey Transit subsidize them?

Yes they do. ShortLine runs from the PABT to Mahwah,Ridge Gardens,Upper Saddle,Darlington,The Wycoffs and Oakland. That's why they have those buses.