New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't think the Novas for the Go25 are going anywhere anytime soon. Mainly cause they're the 2001 suburban model Novas. Plus, since they're only used on the Go25- which only does a few rush hour runs every weekday, I can imagine those buses have VERY low mileage. I'd say give or take another 5 years until NJT orders a few more NABI suburbans as replacements. "

"I don't think the Novas for the Go25 are going anywhere anytime soon. Mainly cause they're the 2001 suburban model Novas. Plus, since they're only used on the Go25- which only does a few rush hour runs every weekday, I can imagine those buses have VERY low mileage. I'd say give or take another 5 years until NJT orders a few more NABI suburbans as replacements. "

I'm really not too sure. The buses don't have Clever Devices, of course they can be equipped with them but you would think that would be done by now. The NABI 416 is being discontinued at the end of this order, in 5 years or whatever they'll have to order a different bus.

I'm really not too sure. The buses don't have Clever Devices, of course they can be equipped with them but you would think that would be done by now. The NABI 416 is being discontinued at the end of this order, in 5 years or whatever they'll have to order a different bus.

"They probably haven't fitted them with clever devices yet because the Go25 is such an infrequent route with not that many stops. NJT probably sees no point in doing so. I could be wrong tho. Maybe they will order suburban buses in the next couple of years from whatever company they have build the replacements for the Neoplans..?! "

Did anybody see Trevor's message on the TTMG site? I can no longer use that wiki page if people keep disrespecting his site

I've noticed that. This past weekend I tried to get on the page, but all it says is "Enough..."

I want to say yes,but at the same time I'm not sure,unless somebody knew someone from Hilton and asked.

I happen to know someone that is a bus operator, she does the 39 a lot, idk what route or routes she does right now. ill try to get a hold of her and ask tomorrow morning

Edited by go25

I saw them!

A little while ago,while I was at Wendy's near Bergen St.,between 4:30-4:45 going in both directions I saw 2 Nabi's on the GO25

Possibly the 6393 to Irvington Bus Teminal

And the 6394 going towards Penn Station

So I will assume they will also have 6395,6396 and 6397 for Go Bus service.

Edited by Silver Script

I saw them!

A little while ago,while I was at Wendy's near Bergen St.,between 4:30-4:45 going in both directions I saw 2 Nabi's on the GO25

Possibly the 6393 to Irvington Bus Teminal

And the 6394 going towards Penn Station

So I will assume they will also have 6395,6396 and 6397 for Go Bus service.

Actually, your assumptions are true. Just now, I was at my bus now and I saw 6397 and 6398 on a go bus 25 route.

"Wow, I surely thought the Nova suburbans used on the Go25 were gonna stick around a lot longer. Lol

But that's weird, cause I thought the goBuses used suburbans (like the go28 uses suburban NABIs and the go25 used suburban Novas). I wonder how the inside of them look. "

"Wow, I surely thought the Nova suburbans used on the Go25 were gonna stick around a lot longer. Lol

But that's weird, cause I thought the goBuses used suburbans (like the go28 uses suburban NABIs and the go25 used suburban Novas). I wonder how the inside of them look. "

Same here. Well its the death of the Novas in NJT property. Now its AC Transit for me to get my last rides when I'm back in town in august. I refuse to ride Roach USA'S Novas

I guess they will look just like the rest of the fleet: NJT transit style seating, only thing new is the vinyl wrapping of the bus, a la go28.